Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:04 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by chrisw
:curse: None of the agents around here will budge on commission or Ts and Cs. It's 3 months signed up or nowt! Well, due for another chase up call again in the morning. Let us know how your new agents turn out like Lionda!
My husband called agent yesterday and told them that picture in local paper VERY small and that photo of our kitchen is out of date, (we have repainted twice since original photo taken!) also no picture of sitting room. They are sending someone to take some more photos Tuesday morning and will put bigger picture in the paper. (What's the betting it doesn't get done in time for Easter week end next week!) I think I will give them another ring in the morning, then I can call them again Thursday, as I don't know if they will be open Easter. It should be their bussiest week end so they should be, but I will ask tomorrow.
Getting a kind of sadistic pleasure from phoning them now. I hope my phoning them is a annoying to them, as their silence is to me! If anyone is having any luck, keep us posted, it gives the rest of us hope!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:33 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Been on with the new agents for one week but no viewings. Decided the front of the house looks dark (red brick) so hubby painting it to brighten it up. The forsythia is coming into bloom and bluebells in the front garden, also Iris in bud and fushia coming into flower so should be some colour over the next few weeks.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:21 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Hi all!
Bit of encouraging news! I called the agent AGAIN this morning! (I'm lovin' it) just for a chat, confirmed they will be coming tomorrow to take new pictures, which they still are and was advised that this does have a possitive effect to change to photos (then why didn't THEY suggest it?).
Was told that there is a "different feel" this week, and a lot more enquiries. this carried on for about 5 mins more of blah de blah and said I would call again as it is really all I can do now. However, they did not seem to mind.
Had only been off the phone for a couple minutes when I had a call from someone else at the estate agents asking if they could arrange a viewing for tomorrow. They suggested 2:30 but told them am at work but that Bob would be in by 5:30. She said she would call veiwer and ring me back. While I was waiting to be called back, got a callback from call minder. Message from the agent trying to get hold of me whilst I was on the phone to the agent!
Then got a callback from agent confirming 6pm appointment. COOL!
Then about 5 mins later got ANOTHER call from our agent to make a 2nd appointment for someone else to view! VERY COOL! So have another viewing at 6:30.
The first appointment, haven't sold their house but don't know if they are going to and know what their budget is. The second has sold subject to contract.
Eeeeeeeee, I'm that excited, I could crush a grape!!!!
Fingers crossed please guys!! Got to go and check Smarties thread to see if he had any luck on the Sunday viewing!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:29 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Been on with the new agents for one week but no viewings. Decided the front of the house looks dark (red brick) so hubby painting it to brighten it up. The forsythia is coming into bloom and bluebells in the front garden, also Iris in bud and fushia coming into flower so should be some colour over the next few weeks.
Pssssssttt Lionda !!

Did you ever put the place on that website ?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:30 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!
Bit of encouraging news! I called the agent AGAIN this morning! (I'm lovin' it) just for a chat, confirmed they will be coming tomorrow to take new pictures, which they still are and was advised that this does have a possitive effect to change to photos (then why didn't THEY suggest it?).
Was told that there is a "different feel" this week, and a lot more enquiries. this carried on for about 5 mins more of blah de blah and said I would call again as it is really all I can do now. However, they did not seem to mind.
Had only been off the phone for a couple minutes when I had a call from someone else at the estate agents asking if they could arrange a viewing for tomorrow. They suggested 2:30 but told them am at work but that Bob would be in by 5:30. She said she would call veiwer and ring me back. While I was waiting to be called back, got a callback from call minder. Message from the agent trying to get hold of me whilst I was on the phone to the agent!
Then about 5 mins later got ANOTHER call from our agent to make a 2nd appointment for someone else to view! VERY COOL! So have another viewing at 6:30.
The first appointment, haven't sold their house but don't know if they are going to and know what their budget is. The second has sold subject to contract.
Fingers crossed please guys!! Got to go and check Smarties thread to see if he had any luck on the Sunday viewing!
yep fingers crossed and grapes ready
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:33 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by Big Pete
yep fingers crossed and grapes ready
Lol!! Mind you it could all be tears tomorrow Big Pete! But for now,
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!
What a change around by the agents.

Well done, looks like your persistance is paying off. After all you have to get them through your front door to sell.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:04 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by The Oddities
What a change around by the agents.

Well done, looks like your persistance is paying off. After all you have to get them through your front door to sell.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary! My sentiments exactly! The more feet through the door, the better the odds! Now we do some more waiting, probably won't get any feedback until Wednesday as agents will be closed by the time the viewings will have finished. But that will give me a good excuse to call them again on Wednesday won't it?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rosemary! My sentiments exactly! The more feet through the door, the better the odds! Now we do some more waiting, probably won't get any feedback until Wednesday as agents will be closed by the time the viewings will have finished. But that will give me a good excuse to call them again on Wednesday won't it?
Pester, pester, pester that is how the two year old inside of you would do it. Oh and do not forget to stamp you feet and say I want, I want, I want.

Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:16 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Pester, pester, pester that is how the two year old inside of you would do it. Oh and do not forget to stamp you feet and say I want, I want, I want.

Rosemary
Lol! Well, don't ask don't get eh Rosemary?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

That's brilliant news Chris

Just wait till these viewers see your newly tended lawn; they'll be falling over themselves to buy!!
(Hmm, maybe you'd better keep Josh off it until they've been and gone, eh? )

I've got fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you, and really hope you'll have some positive news to share with everyone very soon.

It certainly sounds like you've done an excellent job of stirring the estate agents up, so good on you!

I did have a thought though...............
Maybe you, Lionda, Smarties and anyone else waiting to sell, could advertise your houses on the Australia forum, because there are always loads of people who want to move back to Blighty!
I occasionally read some of the posts, but then I have to come back on here to cheer myself up again - some of those poor people sound desperate

Lots of luck for the viewings, and keep us posted!

Hugs from
Sam xx
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:45 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thanks Sam! It must be all this crossing that's doing the trick I reckon! Mind you, it isn't half difficult to read my typing after I've typed with me eyes crossed! That would account for all my typos however!! Ha Ha!
Now if we keep poor Joshey off the lawn, he'll have his legs crossed too! Hmmm, "JOSHEY, can you wait until about 7pm tomorrow?"
Joshey said "NO" as it would be to "RUFF" on him. Joshey sends his love to Shiloh by the way!!
How are you enjoying having your husband back from his "travels?" Any more marathon treks since the week end?
Chris XXX
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Chris,
Well, I hope you have better luck with your viewings than we're having with our architect!!
I might create a thread about him, but at the moment I'm in a foul mood and have got a headache. It's a long story; and I'm not sure whether we're experiencing a "culturally diiferent attitude", or whether he's just a apin in the a##e!!
We're currently weighing up our options, shall we say!

Yes thank you, it's lovely to have the O/H back home
However, it seems he was already planning his next trip during the flight back (he's not going till October though)

No, I haven't been on any more marathon treks since Sunday, but I am going out walking again on Thursday and Sunday, so I'm hoping to lose a bit of this middle aged spread that has been aided and abeted by the Spanish way of life (bread, churros and dulces!)
My (Spanish) friend was saying I'm becoming more Spanish by the day, and I'm not to worry because all Spanish women have big bums!!

Shiloh says to send love and licks to Joshey; and she did mention that she might have to contact the RSPCA if you're going to make the poor boy cross his legs until after 7pm tonight!!

Good luck Chris!
Love Sam x
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:47 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Hi all!
OK, own up, who uncrossed something? Our 6:30 cancelled Humph! But, the 6 o'clock viewing seems to have gone well (as far as you can ever tell, anyway!) The lady has 2 children and her partner has a son. They are buying a house so that they can all live in it together. Neither of their houses are for sale so really not sure what's happening there, as was different information to that provided by the agent.
One of the children has laid claim to his bedroom already, and also decided where the goalposts are going in the garden! Bob did the viewing as I was at work, and he said when they went into the sitting room, "cor, isn't it big". (That is just the type of comment I like! Direct off the cuff feedback!)
They are local, one of the children attends local the primary school which is about a 5 minute walk from here. The others attend the local Comp a couple of miles away. The school bus goes from the end of our cul de sac.
The partner is in Scotland at the moment ( get your a**e back 'ere now!) and the lady asked if it would be alright if she called the agent to arrange a second viewing when her partner is back. Of course we said this would be totally out of the question (hang on a sec, I am just going to get myself commited!). Bob said "of course that's no problem at all (charmer!) just let the agent know and they will arrange it! I think he gets back in a couple of days.
Oooooooooooooooooo. I know it's not sold or an offer, but it's further than any of the other viewings so far. (I wonder if I can stay awake for 3 days?)
The agent took some more pictures this morning and said they would try and get them in the post today for our approval. So that is the story so far. It might surprise you to know that I will be calling the agent in the morning (on the premise of a telling off for arranging viewings from people who don't turn up) and just casually ask whether they have heard from the ones that viewed. I hate having to wait. I am a lot better now than when I was younger, and am normally quite philosophical and rational in that if you have to wait, you have to wait.
BUT I REALLY CAN'T. I WANT TO GO TO SPAIN NOW, YESTERDAY EVEN!
Anyway folks I shall leave you in peace now, because the way I feel at the moment, I could just keep going on and on (what do you mean I already have? That's not nice is it?)
Wound up, going now will update asap. Bye guys!
Chris XXX
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:36 pm
Banned

Nice one , sounds like this could be it , fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.