Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:10 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by Lionda
Candle lit as we speak Martha
I've got two lit.....one for you and one for Chris!

It certainly can't hurt
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:34 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Alright already, I'm here! Hi all!! Oooooh Lionda! Make sure you let the agent do the dealings! If he wants to view again, see if you can get a security guard to show him round! And never mind counting your knickers, put a padlock on your knicker drawer!! Only joking, but just take care, and good luck!

OK, sorry for delay, but just got in/off phone.
Our agent phoned this morning at 9:40 and I was still in bed fast asleep! I am always up by about 8. Especially as I had to stark work today at 10! (OOPS! I was 30 minutes late!)
The agent advised that they had recieved an offer 2.5K under asking price. Bob was at work and I couldn't get hold of him so had to either accept or run the risk of losing purchaser for the sake of 2.5K. Had to make an "executive decision" (didn't like it!) and said that the purchaser told "wonderboy" he would start at a lower offer but was prepared to go up to full asking price, and as we had agreed to include the white goods and cooker which we hadn't originally intended to do, so we were holding out for the full asking price.
Got a phone call 5 minutes later advising purchaser had now offered full asking price which we have accepted. so,
Yeeeeeeeeeah! Whoopie! Backflip! (well in my head anyway!) we have got a buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The agent had not confirmed official status yet at that time, but called her lunchtime and she had spoken to all the agents concerned and all offers appear legit. Our purchasers, ( I'll just say that one more time as have been waiting a long tome to do so!) Our purchasers have a confirmed offer on their property which is being bought by a Doctor who lives in the same road. The Dr has accepted an offer on his property, but the lady buying his house has not yet sold, although is on the market. Her agent advises it is a nice property and although no interest yet, does not think there will be a problem. It is also in Harrow, so we shall see how long the chain gets!
Our agent has advised our purchasers that we accept subject to the chain completing. (by the sounds of it, he got a bit confused and though we weren't selling to them. Our agent is sending them the appropriate paperwork, and has taken our solicitors details.
I remembered what you said about that Sue and asked if the solicitors needed to be involved at this stage as no completed chain. She didn't forsee a problem with extra expense, and we haven't contacted her to do any work yet until there is something for her to do. Tell me if I got it wrong please, thanks you in advance, AGAIN!
Got to go now as mother in law pannicking as programme on now at Brits having bought properties in Spain having lost out .Be back later! Bye all!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:55 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

That's FANTABULOUS news Chris!

Now, I have lost track.......how many candles do we have to light for that whole chain thingie to go through?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:12 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by MnM
That's FANTABULOUS news Chris!

Now, I have lost track.......how many candles do we have to light for that whole chain thingie to go through?
Well to recap' it's rights on first whos on second........ Lol!

Our buyer has a buyer. Their buyer have a buyer, But the next doesn't.
Do't know if you would clasify that as 2 or 3. So what say, we have the "group" candles lit, for the group sellers, that is to say everyone on the forum who is selling and all the chains involved within, herewith, thereunto an' all that?
Thanks Martha! For some strange reason, all of a sudden I feel like crying! Not now Cato you fool!! I'm alright now thank you!! Lol
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisw
Alright already, I'm here! Hi all!! Oooooh Lionda! Make sure you let the agent do the dealings! If he wants to view again, see if you can get a security guard to show him round! And never mind counting your knickers, put a padlock on your knicker drawer!! Only joking, but just take care, and good luck!

OK, sorry for delay, but just got in/off phone.
Our agent phoned this morning at 9:40 and I was still in bed fast asleep! I am always up by about 8. Especially as I had to stark work today at 10! (OOPS! I was 30 minutes late!)
The agent advised that they had recieved an offer 2.5K under asking price. Bob was at work and I couldn't get hold of him so had to either accept or run the risk of losing purchaser for the sake of 2.5K. Had to make an "executive decision" (didn't like it!) and said that the purchaser told "wonderboy" he would start at a lower offer but was prepared to go up to full asking price, and as we had agreed to include the white goods and cooker which we hadn't originally intended to do, so we were holding out for the full asking price.
Got a phone call 5 minutes later advising purchaser had now offered full asking price which we have accepted. so,
Yeeeeeeeeeah! Whoopie! Backflip! (well in my head anyway!) we have got a buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The agent had not confirmed official status yet at that time, but called her lunchtime and she had spoken to all the agents concerned and all offers appear legit. Our purchasers, ( I'll just say that one more time as have been waiting a long tome to do so!) Our purchasers have a confirmed offer on their property which is being bought by a Doctor who lives in the same road. The Dr has accepted an offer on his property, but the lady buying his house has not yet sold, although is on the market. Her agent advises it is a nice property and although no interest yet, does not think there will be a problem. It is also in Harrow, so we shall see how long the chain gets!
Our agent has advised our purchasers that we accept subject to the chain completing. (by the sounds of it, he got a bit confused and though we weren't selling to them. Our agent is sending them the appropriate paperwork, and has taken our solicitors details.
I remembered what you said about that Sue and asked if the solicitors needed to be involved at this stage as no completed chain. She didn't forsee a problem with extra expense, and we haven't contacted her to do any work yet until there is something for her to do. Tell me if I got it wrong please, thanks you in advance, AGAIN!
Got to go now as mother in law pannicking as programme on now at Brits having bought properties in Spain having lost out .Be back later! Bye all!
Brilliant - just remember you don't have a complete chain yet so no-one can actually move forward. The agent will not see a problem with extra expense incurred by your Solicitor (they never do) - just give your Solicitor a quick ring and say that agents particulars are on their way but you don't want any work done until the bottom of the chain is complete. I do suggest though that you complete your fixtures and fittings list and property information questionnaire and then these can go back to your Solicitor in readiness for a complete chain. In the olden days(?) solicitors use to asorb costs if a sale didn't go ahead and perhaps add on additional £50.00 to the final invoice but an awful lot now work on an hourly rate for transactions that do not proceed. Just cover yourself and make a quick phone call. Hopefully you will be over here before you know it.

I personally (and its only my opinion) would only give the bottom of the chain a fortnight to sell and then put yours back on the market. Now is the time to sell and you can't afford to miss any other chances by not being on the market and missing opportunities. I know the estate agent says no problems (but have been there and got the T-shirt and two months later had to start all over again). Just remember they will tell you anything to keep you hanging in there.

I really don't understand how people can put in offers on houses when they haven't sold their own. Its a shame we can't convert to the Scottish way of buying.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

xxx
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

HI girls

Sorry to take so long to get back. The stalker guy turned up - and oohhh he was weird he didn't say much, but he did say he had been watching the house all his life His grandparents used to live across the back from us. He said he was wondering where the kitchen windows were and apparently - he is single, has lived with his mother and now has been left lots of money and is thinking about investing in property. He spoke really slowly. Not sure about this - maybe he wanted to view the house out of curiosity Weird!!!
You be very careful - I can't cope with you and Chris at the same time!!!

xxxxx
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:31 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Whooo Hooooo Way to go Chris

Right - got to go and hunt out some more candles
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Whooo Hooooo Way to go Chris

Right - got to go and hunt out some more candles
I think you need to be wearing your gold cross and chain!!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:32 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG

xxxxx
Oh Sue - if only he were serious Tell you what - if we sell before we get over there the first drinks are on us
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh Sue - if only he were serious Tell you what - if we sell before we get over there the first drinks are on us
If we ever find a business it will definitely be on us!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:36 pm
Popping in for a chat

Oh blimey - now I've got to find a candle to light for you (rumaging around in kitchen drawer - we all have one of those, full of all sorts don't we )
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:36 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

xxxxx
It's ok Sue, I've already told Lionda to put a padlock on her knicker drawer and get a security guard to do a second vieiwing with "HIM"!
Cheers for the advise Sue, we have already told the agent we don't want our property taken off the market. I will do as you say and give our solicitor a ring on Friday when I'm off!
Lionda, keep checking in so we know you are OK!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:38 pm
MnM

Hi Sue,

You're very close to us.

What type of business are you looking for? Are you only looking in the Albir area? We do alot of work in Calpe and I can keep my eyes and ears open if anything suitable surfaces.

Martha
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by chrisw
It's ok Sue, I've already told Lionda to put a padlock on her knicker drawer and get a security guard to do a second vieiwing with "HIM"!
Cheers for the advise Sue, we have already told the agent we don't want our property taken off the market. I will do as you say and give our solicitor a ring on Friday when I'm off!
Lionda, keep checking in so we know you are OK!
Hey Chris - only one thing to say -
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Sue,

You're very close to us.

What type of business are you looking for? Are you only looking in the Albir area? We do alot of work in Calpe and I can keep my eyes and ears open if anything suitable surfaces.

Martha
If its ok with you I will pm you shortly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.