Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Hi Chris

That all sounds very promising, doesn't it? (Well, apart from the miserable gits who cancelled )
I think they say that if children are doing things like laying claim to their own bedroom and so on, then that's a very helpful start. Obviously, parents want their children to feel settled and positive about a move, so those kind of comments are music to a parent's ears (and yours!)
With all the schools being so close by, that's another tick in an important box.

However.......the down side is that two "separate" parties are involved, and that could complicate things a tad
Still, at least this woman is already asking for a second viewing, so hopefully that will go ahead shortly.
The worst thing of course, is that neither of these people have sold their own properties; but you have got to start somewhere, and at least you've had some people through the door.

I really hope you continue to get positive things happening, and that you keep on at that estate agent until he/she is sick of the sound of you, and starts to dread the phone ringing!!

Not sure if I can manage to keep everything crossed for an indeterminate time so am sending you some good luck karma to help you on your way.

Love Sam xx
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:48 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Thanks Big Pete, thanks Sam. I will get back to answering your earlier post Sam, but had to see Marbella Belles as missed it last week, and now got to catch up! Catch you up in a sec!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:28 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

Things are looking up hopefully. In the past, I've given prospective Buyers my contact details so that they can arrange second viewings direct through me - that way, they can arrange to see your house when the Agents are closed.

Have some prepared cards handy with mobile number on etc, but only give to those in a strong (ie very serious/no chain) position to avoid having timewasters come back a second time. They'll appreciate your helpfulness but NEVER ask them for their details - you may scare them off

Make sure the dog/s are out of the house during viewings too. I put mine in the car if I have to.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:56 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Hiya Chris,
Well, I hope you have better luck with your viewings than we're having with our architect!!
I might create a thread about him, but at the moment I'm in a foul mood and have got a headache. It's a long story; and I'm not sure whether we're experiencing a "culturally diiferent attitude", or whether he's just a apin in the a##e!!
We're currently weighing up our options, shall we say!

Yes thank you, it's lovely to have the O/H back home
However, it seems he was already planning his next trip during the flight back(he's not going till October though)

No, I haven't been on any more marathon treks since Sunday, but I am going out walking again on Thursday and Sunday, so I'm hoping to lose a bit of this middle aged spread that has been aided and abeted by the Spanish way of life (bread, churros and dulces!)
My (Spanish) friend was saying I'm becoming more Spanish by the day, and I'm not to worry because all Spanish women have big bums!!

Shiloh says to send love and licks to Joshey; and she did mention that she might have to contact the RSPCA if you're going to make the poor boy cross his legs until after 7pm tonight!!

Good luck Chris!
Love Sam x
Hi Sam! Ok I've caught up on the existing threads, so before I have a butchers at the new ones! What's up with the architect? I thought he preferred your revised plans. Don't let him get to you! HE works for YOU!
Oh dear, if your OH is off again in October, you know what that means don't you? Yep, more window cleaning. I think you should explain that it is because of your window cleaning activities, that you had all that rain! Ha Ha!
Looks like you have got la semana santa pretty well booked up with walks! Do you take Shiloh with you?
You have me worried about this middle age spread business. I am sitting down all day at work, and since I started there about 2 years ago, I have put on a lot of weight so decided to go on a diet last year. I was really good (and thoroughly miserable!) and lost 27lbs. I weighed myself a few weeks ago and had put back on 13lbs. I thought "well that's not bad, 'cause I am still a stone lighter than last year, and therefore have a head start when I go back on a diet again this year". But the middle (including nether regions) seem to have spread more and I am almost certain I have put that back on, but am too scared to get on the scales! I bought a new set last year, high techy ones, (THEY LIE! ) and tell you all sorts of stuff. Like your body fat (we won't go into that!), water content (well that was too low so must put more ice in my Bacardi!) bone density (I always knew I was big bones!) and thingy age. Fortunately for me it only goes up to 50 so am actually getting younger by the year! COOL! Oh, and muscle (or not in my case!). So all I can say, is, I must have a lot of Spanish blood in me ( or is that vino tinto?) go with the flow girl! Enjoy!
And finally, tell Shiloh, it's OK we didn't really make Josh cross his legs! Talk soon,
Chris XXX
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

You do make me laugh Chris!!
I love reading your posts, but I'm thinking maybe I should reply to this one in a PM, because we've gone a bit off track here and other people might not be too interested in my architect experience........nor our "wobbly bits!!"
(Mind you, you started this thread, so maybe you don't mind it going off topic!? )

It's gone 1a.m now, so I'm going to have to give in and go to bed - but I will PM you tomorrow, promise.

Don't know why I bothered with the flipping windows - it's been piddling down most of the afternoon! (there was a fabulous rainbow though)

Shiloh says she's mightily relieved about Joshey's wellbeing, and she'll uncross her paws now (she can cross and uncross them on command, don't you know! )

Look forward to catching up with you tomorrow.
Nite nite,
Sam xx
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Hi Chris,

Things are looking up hopefully. In the past, I've given prospective Buyers my contact details so that they can arrange second viewings direct through me - that way, they can arrange to see your house when the Agents are closed.

Have some prepared cards handy with mobile number on etc, but only give to those in a strong (ie very serious/no chain) position to avoid having timewasters come back a second time. They'll appreciate your helpfulness but NEVER ask them for their details - you may scare them off

Make sure the dog/s are out of the house during viewings too. I put mine in the car if I have to.
Hi DF! yes, fingers crossed toca madera and anything else you can think of! Good idea about giving your number, hadn't thought of that!
When we have had viewings in the past, both Bob and I have been there, so Bob always takes Josh out for a walk. But I was at work today, and Bob did the viewing alone (home alone!). I phoned Bob about 5 mins before to check everything ok, and he said he had put Josh in our son's car! Have you been talking to Bob?
I was pannicking big time, said you can't leave him in the car he will destroy it! When he was a pup we left him in the car when we went to Sainsburys once to save leaving him at home by himself. We checked him twice and he was fast asleep. The windows were open, it wasn't hot, and we left water in the car for him. He had just done a tiddle before we went into the shop so we knew he didn't want to go. He had his blanket all nice and cosy etc. When we got back to the car, he had chewed the hand brake off! I mean right off, so that it didn't work! He never did like that car, mind you come to that, neither did I. Serves us right!
You can imagine therefore what I was thinking when he told me this!
Apparently he was absolutely fine, sat in the car watching all the children running around and was no problem. Bob said when they had gone, he let Josh back in and he was running round the house like a thing possessed following their scent everywhere but couldn't find them! Poor Joshey!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:45 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by brisca
You do make me laugh Chris!!
I love reading your posts, but I'm thinking maybe I should reply to this one in a PM, because we've gone a bit off track here and other people might not be too interested in my architect experience........nor our "wobbly bits!!"
(Mind you, you started this thread, so maybe you don't mind it going off topic!?

It's gone 1a.m now, so I'm going to have to give in and go to bed - but I will PM you tomorrow, promise.

Don't know why I bothered with the flipping windows - it's been piddling down most of the afternoon! (there was a fabulous rainbow though)

Shiloh says she's mightily relieved about Joshey's wellbeing, and she'll uncross her paws now (she can cross and uncross them on command, don't you know! )

Look forward to catching up with you tomorrow.
Nite nite,
Sam xx
Fair comment Sam! Look forward to your PM. Night night!
Chris XXX
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:36 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by chrisw
Fair comment Sam! Look forward to your PM. Night night!
Chris XXX
Morning all! just a quick update. Our agent phoned about half an hour ago to advise that the lady that viewed the house yesterday would like to come back for a second viewing with her partner! So they will be coming on Friday at 11. Yeah!!!!!!! So anyone who has uncrossed everything can you please recross on Friday morning? Thanks all. Will update further if there are any new developments in the meantime. Actually, I will give them another ring in the morning I think. See if they have any other viewings arranged for Easter week end! Ha! frightened to say anymore at the moment! Talk soon all!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:29 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds very promising

Don't forget to give them a card if they want to come back - particularly useful with the Bank Holidays coming. Thought try not to get your hopes up too much (sorry, just being a realist but I know it's easy to do) - what will be, will be I always reckon.

Mrs DF once left Archie our (then) young Boxer in the car when she popped into a shop (see pic under my profile) He'd eaten the gear stick You have to laugh. He's even eaten a pair of her specs once! The gearstick I understand...but glasses??

Anyway, good luck with the Viewers - seems like your persistence with Agents is paying off
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:44 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all! just a quick update. Our agent phoned about half an hour ago to advise that the lady that viewed the house yesterday would like to come back for a second viewing with her partner! So they will be coming on Friday at 11. Yeah!!!!!!! So anyone who has uncrossed everything can you please recross on Friday morning? Thanks all. Will update further if there are any new developments in the meantime. Actually, I will give them another ring in the morning I think. See if they have any other viewings arranged for Easter week end! Ha! frightened to say anymore at the moment! Talk soon all!
Hi Chris

You do make me laugh with your posts Cheers me up while I'm waiting to sell mine. I am feeling quite excited for you - takes my mind off not having any viewers myself. Crossing everything for you
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:58 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Evening all!
DF, NOW you tell me about the gearstick! Archie did the same as Josh then!
I will give these people our number when they come again on Friday. I still have some of my business cards from before I opened my shop years ago, and they have our home address and telephone number so are just the job! I knew I would find a use for them! You see, never throw anything away! I have a loft, and several cupboards that will vouch for that!
Hi Lionda! Have you had any luck with your new estate agents? Don't know if you intend to put your property on the internet, but if you do, I have a couple of free websites, if you do, let me know. They are really easy to use and you can add your own photos. Don't forget to keep us posted. Everyone has got something or other crossed, and I'm sure a "group" crossing must be good enogh to sell a few houses!!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:37 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all!
DF, NOW you tell me about the gearstick! Archie did the same as Josh then!
I will give these people our number when they come again on Friday. I still have some of my business cards from before I opened my shop years ago, and they have our home address and telephone number so are just the job! I knew I would find a use for them! You see, never throw anything away! I have a loft, and several cupboards that will vouch for that!
Hi Lionda! Have you had any luck with your new estate agents? Don't know if you intend to put your property on the internet, but if you do, I have a couple of free websites, if you do, let me know. They are really easy to use and you can add your own photos. Don't forget to keep us posted. Everyone has got something or other crossed, and I'm sure a "group" crossing must be good enogh to sell a few houses!!!
We were told today that we have a stalker Apparently this guy has been watching our house and has phoned to ask for details saying that he knows we have been on with other agents, he even told them we were painting the house - we hadn't even told the agents we were doing this! (looks good by the way ) He didn't give his name but then this evening the agent phoned and said he had been into the office and said how nice the house looked and picked up details. Very odd
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
We were told today that we have a stalker Apparently this guy has been watching our house and has phoned to ask for details saying that he knows we have been on with other agents, he even told them we were painting the house - we hadn't even told the agents we were doing this! (looks good by the way ) He didn't give his name but then this evening the agent phoned and said he had been into the office and said how nice the house looked and picked up details. Very odd
Maybe he will be your next viewing and then buy it.

Rosemary
Old Apr 6th 2007, 9:13 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

Smile Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Morning all!
Just a quicky as 50 mins to go! Had to take time out for a few minutes. One og our grandsons stayed last night. Early morning straight off! Had to tell him to go and see grandad for a minute to give me ears a rest!
I am starting to get kranky so just taking time out. Will update later if any news! Talk/cry later!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 10:26 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Maybe he will be your next viewing and then buy it.

Rosemary
Oh I wish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.