electric in pago

electric in pago

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough
Default Re: electric in pago

Originally Posted by RubyRoo
Hi All
This is my first time posting on here and have been reading this thread in amazement.
We bought a holiday home in Pago, near venta la raya last year. An old finca with no electric which hasn't bothered us yet as we only intend to spend small amounts of time there.
However, does anybody know if electric will eventually come there? There are about 10 houses down our road, all of them old apart from one being built at the end.
Thanks in advance
RubyRoo
I believe that the whole area in and around Venta la Raya is on white land and hence will not be getting electricity for the foreseeable future (unless the plan changes which is unlikely.) There are a few lucky ones with meters, mostly original houses, but the network is poor and won't be upgraded because of the status of the land. Most people who live there settle for either generators or solar/wind power. I actually have a customer who lives not far from the venta and they are perfectly contented with the set-up and it seems to work well for them.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:57 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

And still they look. This morning, two men from Sevillana were walking up our camino checking all the connections. We have three meters for three houses in one casing with the connections encased in a box below. They took the front off the box, looked in, sealed it again, said 'buenos' and left. So they are definately not just looking at new builds.

Does anyone have any up to date info about the sale of all, or part of, Sevillana which is, I think, meant to happen in the next week or so, to a German company I believe?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:13 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this today on cadiznews.com

'A British man has been arrested by the Guardia Civil in Chiclana for illegally connecting his house in Pago de Humo to the electricity supply. The 56 year old had previously been denounced by the Endesa Sevillana electricity company. The practice is common in areas of illegally-built houses with no mains connection, but constitutes a legal offence of fraudulently obtaining electricity.'
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:41 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jjh
And still they look. This morning, two men from Sevillana were walking up our camino checking all the connections. We have three meters for three houses in one casing with the connections encased in a box below. They took the front off the box, looked in, sealed it again, said 'buenos' and left. So they are definately not just looking at new builds.

Does anyone have any up to date info about the sale of all, or part of, Sevillana which is, I think, meant to happen in the next week or so, to a German company I believe?
Now there could be an interesting development. No pussy footing around with illegal reconnections...people will reconnect at their peril !! On the other hand the Germans will probabaly get the new networks and meters up and running before Christmas....if you ask politely..
When I lived in Frankfurt they came round once a month to check the emissions on the central heating boiler. When it proved too high, we were allowed to keep it running, but the landlord had 24hours to rectify the problem, and they came round again to check!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poollounger
Now there could be an interesting development. No pussy footing around with illegal reconnections...people will reconnect at their peril !! On the other hand the Germans will probabaly get the new networks and meters up and running before Christmas....if you ask politely..
When I lived in Frankfurt they came round once a month to check the emissions on the central heating boiler. When it proved too high, we were allowed to keep it running, but the landlord had 24hours to rectify the problem, and they came round again to check!!
OHH NO NOT THE GERMANS, the head man at the new owners of ENDESA does he have a little tash ??
because if he does do you know what will happen when they find out we are all nicking electric,
I will tell you what will happen they will line us up and make us all walk into a building saying "zis way to zee showers" but there will be no towels inside only the faint smell of gas!!
its happened before and it will happen again :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:13 pm

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
OHH NO NOT THE GERMANS, the head man at the new owners of ENDESA does he have a little tash ??
because if he does do you know what will happen when they find out we are all nicking electric,
I will tell you what will happen they will line us up and make us all walk into a building saying "zis way to zee showers" but there will be no towels inside only the faint smell of gas!!
its happened before and it will happen again :scared:
Andy this is bad taste !!!! I know German society is very regimented and authoritarian, but there are numerous Germans who are conscious of a past that they do not wish to see repeated. It takes a Mel Brooks to be able to find humour in this tragic slice of history....I roared with laughter all through 'The Producers'
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Andy this is bad taste !!!! I know German society is very regimented and authoritarian, but there are numerous Germans who are conscious of a past that they do not wish to see repeated. It takes a Mel Brooks to be able to find humour in this tragic slice of history....I roared with laughter all through 'The Producers'
Sorry if I have offended you or anyone else, EVERYTHING I post on here is only ment to make people smile, what with the electric problem and the changing colours of the urban plans, I just try to bring a smile to a otherwise sad time
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

weemac is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I have offended you or anyone else, EVERYTHING I post on here is only ment to make people smile, what with the electric problem and the changing colours of the urban plans, I just try to bring a smile to a otherwise sad time

Sevilliana have been bought by German company EON. Eon also own Powergen (UK ) who you may have heard of.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

weemac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weemac
Sevilliana have been bought by German company EON. Eon also own Powergen (UK ) who you may have heard of.

Any news of the cut lines at Pago Mellilla near Venta Lopez on the way to Novo Sancti Petri. We live in Scotland and have a house there and have been without "lecky" since June 20th.

Our community council is making presentations to the town hall in an attempt to get them to recognise we are there. They are also costing putting in new transformers and lines. We are advised by our builder who has attended a few of the meeting that a connection may happen in March of 2007. Our builder has built three houses in the street and appears to be trying to assist in obtaining a resolve. (He is paying two of neighbours part of the cost of running the generators that he has supplied)

I have tried to apply for electricity again (The first time was back in the Winter of 2003 when we were only in 3 months) On my last two visits in July and October through Moneleg on the Avenida de descrubiamento(?) to no avail. On the last occasion they advised they would send me a letter with an update, I am still waiting.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:23 am

Andy you haven't offended me, but perhaps it isn't just Brits that read this forum. Did you know that in Germany it is a criminal offence to depict the swastika in a public place ?? I believe you cannot even display a book in a store with a cover showing the symbol.
Perhaps the change will be for the better ? Ironic isn't it ? The Spanish buying other peoples banks, and others buying their power companies.
I found living in Frankfurt an oppressive experience, and I was working in the arts,not a banker, except for the lovely country folk who came to the main square to sell their wares each Saturday. However the services were incredibly efficient...including the transport system. If the tram timetable said it would arive at 07.27, it usually did, on the dot.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

RubyRoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: electric in pago

I notice your location is france, I bet nothing like this happens there
Hi Andy
Yes, here in France, things work!!!! Well, most of the time anyway!!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

Andy you haven't offended me, but perhaps it isn't just Brits that read this forum. Did you know that in Germany it is a criminal offence to depict the swastika in a public place ?? I believe you cannot even display a book in a store with a cover showing the symbol.
Perhaps the change will be for the better ? Ironic isn't it ? The Spanish buying other peoples banks, and others buying their power companies.
I found living in Frankfurt an oppressive experience, and I was working in the arts,not a banker, except for the lovely country folk who came to the main square to sell their wares each Saturday. However the services were incredibly efficient...including the transport system. If the tram timetable said it would arive at 07.27, it usually did, on the dot.
You can't knock there cars BMW,MERCEDES,VW etc etc
If.... no I mean WHEN I win the euro lottery one of the first things I will buy is a new S CLASS
We have some german friends they are very nice people....don't mention the war, I did once and think I got away with it
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:04 am

You can't knock there cars BMW,MERCEDES,VW etc etc
If.... no I mean WHEN I win the euro lottery one of the first things I will buy is a new S CLASS
We have some german friends they are very nice people....don't mention the war, I did once and think I got away with it
I don't think there is any problem mentioning the war. I heard that the holocaust is taught extensively in German schools, so that future generations never forget. I also had the good fortune to work in Vienna twice for lengthy periods, a wonderful experience. Many of my Viennese friends acknowledged that they had grandparents etc who were probably Nazi sympathisers as Hitler seemed like the solution to the economic problems of the time. But the fascist movement in Austria seems to have been squashed fairly promptly.
As to cars, well I have only owned two..for years a Citroen Dyane and now a Citroen Saxo,(bang goes my image for those of you who imagined me as Piers Brosnan with a Ferrari in the drive and a perma tan by the pool) but have driven a range of superminis since buying the house in Chiclana. The Seat was ghastly, the Nissan Micra turbo diesel superb to drive with handling to match but paper thin body work, the Citroen C3 sporty and another great drive but less flimsy. The VW Polo is superb quality but a little plodding, didn't care for the Clio, the Fiesta was OK, and the Focus a bit of a tank but good for the motorways.
It could be interesting to see what approach they take to the meter problem and whether it will improve or get worse. I would think from a business point of view they will be keen to get it sorted, to make all the hundreds of people milking the grid for free start paying, and make everything on the networks kosher. On the other hand they may be sticklers for for absolutely correct documentation re legality etc etc.

Last edited by poollounger; Nov 26th 2006 at 9:07 am.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:32 pm
lifetimers

lex&paris is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out a new forum from pago, chiclana-forum.org

Last edited by jdr; Dec 19th 2006 at 6:45 pm. Reason: Please do not post promotional urls
Old Dec 19th 2006, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lex&paris
Check out a new forum from pago, chiclana-forum.org
I have just been there..........there are only TWO members and I AM now one of them :scared: :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.