Covid update

Old Dec 21st 2021, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Which adult groups havent been offered vaccine yet?
None that I'm aware of. The problem is for families with school aged children. My 16 and 13 year olds have had one and no jabs respectively. The only way I could get them here for Christmas was to fly them somewhere else first, in my case I chose Italy as needed to go over anyway.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
What kind of curry?

Onion Bhaji, Garlic naan, Chicken Madras!! Melton Road in Leicester, the heart of the Leicester curry zone!!!

It the one thing I really miss in Spain as the Spanish are incapable of doing anything hot!
Old Dec 21st 2021, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
None that I'm aware of. The problem is for families with school aged children. My 16 and 13 year olds have had one and no jabs respectively. The only way I could get them here for Christmas was to fly them somewhere else first, in my case I chose Italy as needed to go over anyway.
Ah yes I can see that being a pain. My 15 old has been fully vaccinated luckily. In a perfect world there would be an exception for young children of family members who live in other countries. Alas it is complicated enough.
On another note. In Torrevieja there seems to be a lot of families taking kids out of school early as infections are growing rapidly with children and everyone is scared of Xmas being ruined. Unfortunately Spanish tend to celebrate with large family gatherings so I fear things will be a lot worse by the New Year. And just so everyone realises it doesn't just effect vulnerable older persons. Rafael Nadal is now reported to have it despite full vaccination. Funny thing is that he got it from visiting the old King in Dubai!!.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Ah yes I can see that being a pain. My 15 old has been fully vaccinated luckily. In a perfect world there would be an exception for young children of family members who live in other countries. Alas it is complicated enough.
On another note. In Torrevieja there seems to be a lot of families taking kids out of school early as infections are growing rapidly with children and everyone is scared of Xmas being ruined. Unfortunately Spanish tend to celebrate with large family gatherings so I fear things will be a lot worse by the New Year. And just so everyone realises it doesn't just effect vulnerable older persons. Rafael Nadal is now reported to have it despite full vaccination. Funny thing is that he got it from visiting the old King in Dubai!!.
And he quite probably has nothing more than a runny nose....
Old Dec 21st 2021, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my 17 year old is registered here so he has been fully vaccinated for a while. Unfortunately the other 2 live in the UK with the fastest vaccination rollout in the UK..... The tortoise and the hare springs to mind
Old Dec 21st 2021, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I can confirm that we have been out today and when we went into a cafe for lunch we were asked for our covid Certificate. Presented the screen shot we had downloaded which they scanned and were happy with.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 4:46 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airways
Onion Bhaji, Garlic naan, Chicken Madras!! Melton Road in Leicester, the heart of the Leicester curry zone!!!

It the one thing I really miss, in Spain as the Spanish are incapable of doing anything hot!
That hits the spot all right, that curry with those sides!

Nothing like good British traditional food!

I have yet to get a decent curry in Spain.

The restaurants here seem tone down down the heat and spices for the Spanish.

If you even so much as show an average Spaniard a chili pepper, they almost have a cardiac arrest.

They get their knickers in a twist over the occasional hot pimiento de padron.

That's why I can't abide Spanish food! I can't taste any damn thing! It's all too bland...
Old Dec 21st 2021, 8:22 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

20th of December was 26568 new cases, so basically doubled...

I expect there will now have to be more restrictions....
Old Dec 21st 2021, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Apparently at the current rate of infection everyone will have had it by mid January. So you will all be dead or have to find something new to talk about.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
That hits the spot all right, that curry with those sides!

Nothing like good British traditional food!

I have yet to get a decent curry in Spain.

The restaurants here seem tone down down the heat and spices for the Spanish.

If you even so much as show an average Spaniard a chili pepper, they almost have a cardiac arrest.

They get their knickers in a twist over the occasional hot pimiento de padron.

That's why I can't abide Spanish food! I can't taste any damn thing! It's all too bland...
I am 100% with you!!
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 6:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airways

Sounds fantastic ..... especially in Leicester, a 'curry capital' !

I think 'Heaven' is like the EU presidency, it rotates. !!

The top3 of the list of things to do with friends when I visit the UK is a good 'Ruby'! Along with a proper fry up (greasy spoon... And NO hash browns!) and a pint or 3 of real ale in a trad pub!

As Ive had to sadly cancel my annual Xmas UK trip (again), I'm missing it more ... So ......

Heaven is currently located in Leicester! đŸ™‚

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 22nd 2021 at 7:00 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:21 am
Éireann go BrĂ¡ch

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Sounds fantastic ..... especially in Leicester, a 'curry capital' !

I think 'Heaven' is like the EU presidency, it rotates. !!

The top3 of the list of things to do with friends when I visit the UK is a good 'Ruby'! Along with a proper fry up (greasy spoon... And NO hash browns!) and a pint or 3 of real ale in a trad pub!

As Ive had to sadly cancel my annual Xmas UK trip (again), I'm missing it more ... So ......

Heaven is currently located in Leicester! đŸ™‚

Jon
Do you cook yourself Jon?

This is incredibly easy and fills a void. Just add chicken to it.

Ottolenghi's Confit of tandoori chickpeas

Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The title states Covid Update. This is not a food thread.

Rosemary
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 9:01 am
Banned

Today is D-Day when it comes to Covid-19 restrictions.

I think we can expect to hear some announcements later from both UK and Spanish governments about additional restrictions.

I don't give a hoot if they shut bars/restaurants etc.

My principle concern is if they restrict international travel further and introduce mandatory quarantine upon arrival in a country.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Jon
Having two weeks ago returned home from two months in London I can confirm I indulged myself

To stay on covid I also can confirm I was disappointed at the total disrespect of covid regulation or advice.

Minimal social distancing, less than 50% masks on TFL, in fact on trains it appears a coffee cup of indeterminate age on the table in front of you that is never drunk from is the standard get out of mask wearing accessory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.