Covid update

Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:04 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

No offence meant 'strigychips', but you are coming across as a bit of an idiot, for the views you hold on Covid and vaccination....

Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

The source for this is in German as it is for Germany. Apologies for that. It's the quickest thing I could refer to as I saw this yesterday. It's relating to figures supplied by the RKI which is the public health institute. The relevant part to this can be summarised as (and in translation) regarding those in hospital with covid (October 4th to 24th) -
"According to the current RKI data, 2759 vaccinated corona patients were last treated in the hospital , 310 of them in the intensive care units . Among the hospitalized corona cases, however, 5258 patients were unvaccinated, 863 of them were treated in intensive care."
So twice as many in hospital are unvaccinated compared to vaccinated.
But there is a roughly three to one ratio of unvaccinated to vaccinated needing intensive care of those infected.

If my maths is wrong, tell me.
https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news..._24418274.html

Last edited by Mark604; Dec 12th 2021 at 6:57 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:14 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Mark, thanks for some hard data.

I am really sick of these anti-vaxxers, while there are people who need life-saving hospital treatment, that cannot get it due to the health services being clogged up with unvaccinated baffoons!
Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Also then considering what has just been posted (same source as before) -
"Fully vaccinated among the hospitalized Covid sufferers were during this period
  • 3.4 percent of 12 to 17 year olds (4 out of 116 cases)
  • 20.9 percent of 18 to 59 year olds (690 of 3397 cases) and
  • 44.9 percent of people over 60 (2065 of 4594 cases)."
If needing intensive care -
"Completely vaccinated were among those Covid sufferers treated in intensive care during this period, however
  • 0.0 percent of 12 to 17 year olds.
  • 12.5 percent of 18 to 59 year olds (53 of 425 cases) and
  • 34.5 percent of those over 60 (257 out of 746 cases)."
If you want that differently, out of 100 people who are 18 - 59 years old in hospital, 21 are vaccinated and 79, are not.
In intensive care, of 100 people aged 18 to 59 - 13 are vaccinated and 87 unvaccinated.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
No offence meant 'strigychips', but you are coming across as a bit of an idiot, for the views you hold on Covid and vaccination....
says the one who wants to bring back segregation. Yea ok. And by the way I’ve had my vaccines. But if someone doesn’t want theirs then it’s up to them. A lot of athletes don’t want the vaccines. Be interesting to see the statistics on how many healthy people end up in hospital
Old Dec 12th 2021, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
says the one who wants to bring back segregation. Yea ok. And by the way I’ve had my vaccines. But if someone doesn’t want theirs then it’s up to them. A lot of athletes don’t want the vaccines. Be interesting to see the statistics on how many healthy people end up in hospital
Are you serious.....there are plenty of young healthy people getting seriously ill. Only the other week there was the story in The Guardian about the super fit body builder, extreme marathon runner who refused the vaccine and died from Covid. Scientists already believe that certain people ( possibly 10%) of Europeans carry a particular chromosome that makes them more likely to be seriously affected by Covid. You really are making a fool of yourself
Old Dec 12th 2021, 8:44 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
Be interesting to see the statistics on how many healthy people end up in hospital
0. If they're healthy there's no reason for them to go to hospital.

Deaths: Unvaccinated Covid deaths 32 times higher than vaccinated.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Had my booster jab last night and very happy to get it!

I was not able to attend the appointments they scheduled for me, and tried to book it myself online but the system would not accept my details for the online booking. I called up the helpline number and they told me of a hospital where I could just turn up and I would get my booster jab. So that is just what I did last night.

Shoulder is a bit stiff this morning but no other symptoms.

As to those anti-vaxxers, they are muppets.

We are lucky enough to live in country where the vaccine is made available to us.

Many regions of the world do not have the option of a vaccine yet, or indeed the prospect of one anytime soon.
That's good. I trust they gave you the Pfizer vaccine?
Old Dec 12th 2021, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
Also then considering what has just been posted (same source as before) -
"Fully vaccinated among the hospitalized Covid sufferers were during this period
  • 3.4 percent of 12 to 17 year olds (4 out of 116 cases)
  • 20.9 percent of 18 to 59 year olds (690 of 3397 cases) and
  • 44.9 percent of people over 60 (2065 of 4594 cases)."
If needing intensive care -
"Completely vaccinated were among those Covid sufferers treated in intensive care during this period, however
  • 0.0 percent of 12 to 17 year olds.
  • 12.5 percent of 18 to 59 year olds (53 of 425 cases) and
  • 34.5 percent of those over 60 (257 out of 746 cases)."
If you want that differently, out of 100 people who are 18 - 59 years old in hospital, 21 are vaccinated and 79, are not.
In intensive care, of 100 people aged 18 to 59 - 13 are vaccinated and 87 unvaccinated.
If this is true, why are so many people over 60 not vaxed? Could it be they need more opportunity, support, help, such as help in making appointments, getting safe transportation, making phone calls in a foreign language? Have they just let it slide because they are afraid to get out of the house and have to expose themselves to the 'already fully vaxed and boosted but carrying the virus'ers' who don't wear masks or bother themselves to keep socially distanced? This sort of blame all unvaxed by the totally vaxed is becoming too polarized and virtue signaling is through the roof.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 10:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lou71
That's good. I trust they gave you the Pfizer vaccine?
First dose was the single dose Janssen vaccine and the one I got last night was the moderna vaccine.

I was just happy to get any but have seen reports on Pfizer vaccine and to be honest I would have preferred that one.

I had covid, janssen and now moderna. I think my immune system is in good order. Highly probably I have also had a few variants of Covid pass through my system.

But the KEY POINT IS, it is not about ME, but it is about me doing the right thing to protect OTHER PEOPLE!
Old Dec 13th 2021, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand - "If this is true, why are so many people over 60 not vaxed?"
The figures given are not of total vaccination of the population, but a breakdown of those that are in hospital and if they are vaccinated or not. Nothing to do with how many over 60's are vaccinated in the country.
In the various German "counties" the numbers of over 60's who are vaccinated ranges from 80% in Saxony to 96% in Bremen.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

First dose was the single dose Janssen vaccine and the one I got last night was the moderna vaccine.

I was just happy to get any but have seen reports on Pfizer vaccine and to be honest I would have preferred that one.

I had covid, janssen and now moderna. I think my immune system is in good order. Highly probably I have also had a few variants of Covid pass through my system.

But the KEY POINT IS, it is not about ME, but it is about me doing the right thing to protect OTHER PEOPLE!
That's good. I have since heard that Spain and Portugal are using Pfizer and Moderna for their booster programme because they are most effective.

Last edited by Lou71; Dec 13th 2021 at 10:07 am.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 10:10 am
Banned

One thing I did notice was the two nurses did have a quick debate about which booster vaccine to give me...
Old Dec 13th 2021, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71
That's good. I have since heard that Spain and Portugal are using Pfizer and Moderna for their booster programme because they are most effective.
I had my first 2 jabs Astra Zenica and my booster was Pfizer. My understanding was the initial jabs the type of vaccine used was dependant on age. I believe AZ isn't believed to be as effective for new variants of covid so the booster is Pfizer which I believe in combination with AZ provides very good protection.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have covid after being double jabbed so must be able to transmit the virus regardless on how many vaccines you’ve had. So far mild symptoms. Bit of tinnitus and hot sweats at night. It’s everywhere this time round covid I think everyone is going to get it in the next few weeks and months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.