Covid update

Old Nov 18th 2021, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covid update

Interesting article here - waiting for my booster...

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...accinated.html
Old Nov 18th 2021, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Covid update

I had both my booster and 'flu shots this afternoon
Old Nov 18th 2021, 2:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
I had both my booster and 'flu shots this afternoon
Did you have to sit around afterwards in case of any adverse reaction or could you leave immediately?

Rosemary
Old Nov 18th 2021, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

No unlike the first and second covid jabs, just ushered out straight away.
Old Nov 18th 2021, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

I saw today that all healthcare workers and over 60s are to be offered booster jab. I imagine though it will take time to administer it. But given that UK are mumbling on about how fully vaccinated might mean with booster it is probably a good idea to get it if you plan to travel soon
Old Nov 25th 2021, 8:55 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

From the 10th of January, a booster jab will be mandatory if nine months have passed since your last jab, to enter an EU country.

EU moves to place Covid booster jabs at heart of travel rules
Old Nov 25th 2021, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny enough I looked up booster jabs in Spain today. My 6 months from 2 vaccine is in January from El País they say that we will be contacted as we were for the first 2 jabs. How were those that have had the booster contacted re appointment?
Old Nov 25th 2021, 9:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Funny enough I looked up booster jabs in Spain today. My 6 months from 2 vaccine is in January from El País they say that we will be contacted as we were for the first 2 jabs. How were those that have had the booster contacted re appointment?
There were no individual appointments sent out for the booster in my town of 3000 people. The health centre was doing them on set days for one hour and targeting certain age groups each time. Our town hall informed people via FB, WhatsApp and public announcements. Unfortunately this meant that people were queueing without distancing and going in and out of the door close together. Masks were mandatory.

Rosemary
Old Nov 25th 2021, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
There were no individual appointments sent out for the booster in my town of 3000 people. The health centre was doing them on set days for one hour and targeting certain age groups each time. Our town hall informed people via FB, WhatsApp and public announcements. Unfortunately this meant that people were queueing without distancing and going in and out of the door close together. Masks were mandatory.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary funny enough on the Salude Responde App i noticed it had a covid vaccine button which used to say something along the lines of not required by you untill a few days ago now it opens up for booking showing appointments for two days a week. I have recently had my gripe vaccine about 3 weeks ago which was before this opening up for boosters for 60 to 69 year old. A friend who was 70 when they went for Gripe vaccine was also given covid booster. I will wait and see and if I haven't been told otherwise by my 6 month date in January I will make an appointment on the Salude Responde App at local Health centre and see what happens.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
My husband had his last week (aged 72) and I have an appointment to have mine next week (aged 65). I had AZ for my first 2 doses so can get the booster after 3 months not 6 (although it will actually be 5 months by the time of my appointment). Neither of us were contacted, we just saw announcements in the press that appointments could be booked from a certain date (it was from this Monday for people aged 60-69 in Andalucia) and booked our appointments via the Salud Responde app (they can also be made via the Andalucia Salud app, Clic Salud website, Salud Responde central phone number or your local health centre). There are also going to be walk in sessions at the mass vaccination centres where people who are eligible can turn up without an appointment and get the booster - I believe there was one on Wednesday of this week at the big marquee on the Vélez-Málaga fairground. I am sure they will be contacting eligible people who have not booked their own appointments after a certain period of time, to try to maximise take-up.

We had our flu jabs a few weeks ago but at that time 6 months had not elapsed since my husband's second vaccination so he was told he couldn't have the booster at the same time, and they said I wasn't eligible at that time (the announcement that people over 60 would be able to have the booster hadn't yet been made).

Last edited by Lynn R; Nov 26th 2021 at 8:04 am.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify a point in that article that I'm not sure of - it refers to non-EU travellers entering the EU - "....from 10 January 2022 non-EU travellers will be required to show proof of an EU-approved booster jab once their original vaccine status is more than nine months old."
Ok, understand that.
Then says, "Similarly, travellers between the member states would have to meet the same requirement...."
So non-EU people already in the EU will have the same requirement of 9 months to enter another EU country. I think.

But - if a UK national who has the right to reside in the EU (as many here do for example in Spain) wants to travel between EU countries or leave the EU (holiday in Turkey?), or are and EU national anyway, and then return to Spain, will it still be 12 months validity, or as in some countries presently, there appears to be no limit stated.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lynn R
My husband had his last week (aged 72) and I have an appointment to have mine next week (aged 65). I had AZ for my first 2 doses so can get the booster after 3 months not 6 (although it will actually be 5 months by the time of my appointment). Neither of us were contacted, we just saw announcements in the press that appointments could be booked from a certain date (it was from this Monday for people aged 60-69 in Andalucia) and booked our appointments via the Salud Responde app (they can also be made via the Andalucia Salud app, Clic Salud website, Salud Responde central phone number or your local health centre)
Thanks Lynn I had AZ both previous jabs so that may be why the appointments have now started to show in the Salude Responded App. Strangely they don't when my wife logs in hers still shows the message screen, she is a few years younger than me but over 60. I will make some enquiries at the Centro salud .
I have just researched the Salud Andalucía App a bit further and found a full explanation re 3rd jab which outlines exactly as you said Lynn re AZ. I have now made an appointment. My wife's still shows not required message. My guess is they will be rolling it down by age I'm 67 she's 63. So I guess they probably did 69-67 first then 67-65 etc so we will check in a week or so and see if appointments are available for her booster. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Last edited by bobd22; Nov 26th 2021 at 9:39 am.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 12:38 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
Just to clarify a point in that article that I'm not sure of - it refers to non-EU travellers entering the EU - "....from 10 January 2022 non-EU travellers will be required to show proof of an EU-approved booster jab once their original vaccine status is more than nine months old."
Ok, understand that.
Then says, "Similarly, travellers between the member states would have to meet the same requirement...."
So non-EU people already in the EU will have the same requirement of 9 months to enter another EU country. I think.

But - if a UK national who has the right to reside in the EU (as many here do for example in Spain) wants to travel between EU countries or leave the EU (holiday in Turkey?), or are and EU national anyway, and then return to Spain, will it still be 12 months validity, or as in some countries presently, there appears to be no limit stated.
Seems part of the negotiations was standardising the limit in EU countries to nine months.

I think if you live in the EU and you want to catch an airplane for intra-EU travel, you'll have to show you've had a jab in the last nine months. Otherwise you're welcome to take the train (if the train company don't ask to see your pass as well) or the car.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Seems part of the negotiations was standardising the limit in EU countries to nine months.

I think if you live in the EU and you want to catch an airplane for intra-EU travel, you'll have to show you've had a jab in the last nine months. Otherwise you're welcome to take the train (if the train company don't ask to see your pass as well) or the car.
When we were in Italy in September, we did have to show our vaccination certificates on an inter-regional rail journey (but not on journeys within the same region).
Old Nov 27th 2021, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Being of the younger generation than most here I received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in June...

Went to the health center on Thursday and received an appointment for Monday, Nov 29 for a booster ???? I do not know if it is a booster or original vaccine. Will ask...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.