Covid update

Old Dec 23rd 2021, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

Originally Posted by Stingychips
do you have to wear a face nappy in Gibraltar?.
Yes in shops and on public transport

No face mask no entry to shops

No face mask you walk because you will not be allowed to board a bus.

People here have respect for others

Does a face mask give 100% protection? I doubt it but it will offer a degree of protection

Whilst the Moronic variant of covid may not be as severe as other variants it may devastate the economy both public and personal.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Dec 23rd 2021 at 6:57 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 6:58 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

do you have to wear a face nappy in Gibraltar?
How dare you belittle the effort of people to protect themselves and others from Covid,

Last edited by Rosemary; Dec 23rd 2021 at 7:01 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

I only found out about this at 5:30 this morning whilst walking the dog past the local police station. Fredbargate I think the question was about wearing a mask in the street.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
How dare you belittle the effort of people to protect themselves and others from Covid,
Takes more than a face nappy to protect yourself against Covid. Did you not see what the scientists in Wuhan had to wear to try and protect themselves and yet they still caught covid and managed to spread it. Live you life. You don’t get a second chance.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.
Once you decide not to wear a mask, you begin to consider not doing other things, like being in close contact with others etc. You get into close proximity to more and more people because you still haven't, or so you think, caught it.
Eventually you believe you may well leave it all up to fate, well, you are young and fit, aren't you? So getting covid and dying from it is such a remote possibility, what does it matter?
Ignore the fact that mask wearing reduces the transmission of your infection to others, it doesn't really factor into your thinking, so why bother with one?

Every little step someone takes to not do whatever is necessary, and common sense also tells you it is, but people ignore that little voice as well, increases risk to that person and others.
Every little step you take to reduce risk, the pennies, increases the overall effect, the pounds.
I'm fed up with having to wear one, I'm fed up with all the restrictions on day to day life, having to show covid certificates and so on, yet I continue. Why?
Because I see my elderly neighbour, or vulnerable people in the shop, and I wonder, if they catch it and die, was it me who, because I was asymptomatic and stood talking to them without a mask on, never realised I was infectious?

When not wearing a mask, you not only increase the risk of transmission and infection to yourself, but that's fine, you are unlikely to suffer seriously from it, but you also increase the risk to me. Me. I value my life over your choice no matter how low the possibility is that I'll be infected, suffer and/or die. My state of health trumps your feeling of being uncomfortable for an hour or so.
People who don't wear a mask at the required times are short sighted, selfish, narcissistic and lack empathy.
Rant over.
This is not a personal attack but a general one on all non-mask wearers.

Last edited by Mark604; Dec 23rd 2021 at 9:15 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
People who don't wear a mask at the required times are short sighted, selfish, narcissistic and lack empathy.
Rant over.
Spot on nothing protects one 100% but measures such as masks help reduce spread so follow the rules. I see Spain is putting forward the re imposing of masks at all times outdoors. I believe it is up for ratification today.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you like. It’s not going to change my views. Just heard before that a friends mother went in for a booster and had a clot and a
mini stroke. Just in time for Xmas.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:17 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Spot on nothing protects one 100% but measures such as masks help reduce spread so follow the rules. I see Spain is putting forward the re imposing of masks at all times outdoors. I believe it is up for ratification today.
Just now BBC reports mask wearing is necessary outside in ES.

We were in Spain till 2 December and the majority of (Spanish) people were wearing masks outside in Ayamonte, even though it wasn't proscribed, so I dont think the Ayamonte residents will see this as a big deal.

It actually doesn't bother me, much, during these times - except my glasses steam up (more than usual )

Jon
PS on another subject .. last year I got a pretty bad eye infection, from inadvertently rubbing my eye after using alcohol hand gel. So be aware....
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Just now BBC reports mask wearing is necessary outside in ES.

We were in Spain till 2 December and the majority of (Spanish) people were wearing masks outside in Ayamonte, even though it wasn't proscribed, so I dont think the Ayamonte residents will see this as a big deal.

It actually doesn't bother me, much, during these times - except my glasses steam up (more than usual )

Jon
PS on another subject .. last year I got a pretty bad eye infection, from inadvertently rubbing my eye after using alcohol hand gel. So be aware....
To be honest most Spanish and a fair number of us foreign residents tend to wear masks all the time when out. We don't in the village but there are only about 80 people who live there full time.

As to the eye infection, try brake fluid, once you do that you never rub your eyes ever again without washing them first.....
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:28 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh... Just heard that the Aussies are going to charge the un-vaxed for hospital treatment if they get Covid.

Hmmmm I have to think about that.

On one hand it seems to go against sort of Hippocratic oath, duty of care etc etc.

On the other if someone near-n-dear (or me) was refused life saving treatment like (say) Cancer treatment (or it was seriously delayed) Id be very unhappy ....to say the least.

Should the voluntarily un-vaxed (not those who cant take the vax for medical reasons) expect to get the same priority treatment when sick with covid? After all they've paid for it and have a 'contract' with the government and health services....???

Hmmmm. Confused!

Jon
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:33 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Barriej
To be honest most Spanish and a fair number of us foreign residents tend to wear masks all the time when out. We don't in the village but there are only about 80 people who live there full time.

As to the eye infection, try brake fluid, once you do that you never rub your eyes ever again without washing them first.....

Sounds like you've had experience of that... Ouch.

Handgel has become so universal now, that we may not think about that unconscious eye-rub. I use a tissue now, as you say once bitten twice shy!

Jon
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Gosh... Just heard that the Aussies are going to charge the un-vaxed for hospital treatment if they get Covid.

Hmmmm I have to think about that.

On one hand it seems to go against sort of Hippocratic oath, duty of care etc etc.

On the other if someone near-n-dear (or me) was refused life saving treatment like (say) Cancer treatment (or it was seriously delayed) Id be very unhappy ....to say the least.

Should the voluntarily un-vaxed (not those who cant take the vax for medical reasons) expect to get the same priority treatment when sick with covid? After all they've paid for it and have a 'contract' with the government and health services....???

Hmmmm. Confused!

Jon
Not wishing to doubt you, but do you have a link for that?
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 11:10 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Yes, those who had one-shot J&J (Janssen) vaccine is eligible for a booster 3 months after. You will get Phizer/BioNTec vaccine.
I had the one-shot J&J (Janssen) vaccine and got the moderna vaccine
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 11:14 am
Banned

This morning popped along to get my pre-departure covid test.

Happy to see that there is now I estimate between 70 and 80% use of face masks, in the street/outdoors.

When I was a the centre to get the test, one nurse was in the street organising matters.

Everyone had a mask on there apart from one typical macho guy... I saw him speaking to the nurse.

If she gets ill because he was too selfish to wear a face mask, then that is one of our frontl ine health workers out of action.

It for exactly this reason that everyone should wear a mask and a failure to do so is irresponsible and selfish!
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you like. It’s not going to change my views.
A bit like giving all the links necessary to prove the benefits of mask wearing but you won't be persuaded by medical science?
What is your reason for not wearing a mask then?

Just heard before that a friends mother went in for a booster and had a clot and a mini stroke. Just in time for Xmas.
Because you know someone, the mother of a friend, that means you won't get a booster shot? But you have, have you? You have vaccinations?
The point of what you've written is what? That being vaccinated is too risky? Enlighten me.

Last edited by Mark604; Dec 23rd 2021 at 11:50 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.