Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old May 18th 2010, 6:36 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by olivia
Do you walk back with your shopping? 1hr 15m carrying groceries in the heat!
what planet are you on?
Read my post again, Olivia. I mentioned going TO Laguna, taking about 1hr15m ....... also I didn't even mention shopping anywhere. So I'm happily on planet Earth. Hope you are there too.

Its a beautiful 'corner of the Earth' - to quote Jamiroquai.

Its a nice walk to Laguna... we like it. Except for the few mins from the m-way roundabout to the next one before the hill. But quickly done.

Also there is the 'back road' - the old way to get into CE - before the bridge was built. Its from the second roundabout with the fountain - over the hill, on the dirt road - under the m-way, through the little 'farms' - right through the industrial estate, (which is basically crossing the road and only a few mins) ... and in the countryside over the hill to Ayamonte... from there you can also walk to Canela (although we haven't done it yet). That's a longer walk to Ayamonte by 30-45 mins depending on the route you take into Ayamonte (there are some choices). But a nice walk as well, with some good views from the hills.

To avoid more confusion, I don't recommend you do it in reverse with your shopping! Those Mercadona bags can cut into your hands after a few minutes. Assuming you can get there, I also don't recommend going walking (or shopping) in any other planet in our solar system!
Old May 18th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes the center bollard has been run down by I think a heavy vehicle and the mechanism burnt out! So we have driven through but it would be nice if this could be made permanant which will only happen when the road is extended through the derillict canning factories as proposed. That will cost mega bucks so I would settle for an extension of the footpath and cycle track along the river front for now. The one big problem I see with the whole scheme is that the only working boatyard in Ayamonte is between the canning factories and the fish dock and that cannot be separated from the river and survive.
I had a look at the article originally posted by Carol (+translated below via Google).. thanks Carol - you find all sorts of interesting things on the internet!! I'm going to call you Mrs Marple from now on

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Sounds brilliant!! - and yes if a path can be made alongside the river to Ayamonte - joining up somewhere at the bollards... that would be fantastic! Walk to the end of the golf course and alongside the river to Ayamonte... very nice indeed.

I dont understand it and Spanish Lawyers reply - but is this approved? And, if so, does anybody know the planned route please?

We've planned to walk north as well - on the camino rural at the end of CE to Villablanca. Has anyone done that and can they recommend it?

Thanks
Jon
Old May 18th 2010, 7:39 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I had a look at the article originally posted by Carol (+translated below via Google).. thanks Carol - you find all sorts of interesting things on the internet!! I'm going to call you Mrs Marple from now on

Sounds brilliant!! - and yes if a path can be made alongside the river to Ayamonte - joining up somewhere at the bollards... that would be fantastic! Walk to the end of the golf course and alongside the river to Ayamonte... very nice indeed.

I dont understand it and Spanish Lawyers reply - but is this approved? And, if so, does anybody know the planned route please?

We've planned to walk north as well - on the camino rural at the end of CE to Villablanca. Has anyone done that and can they recommend it?

Thanks
Jon
You are right Carol is amazing. How do you do it Carol ? You come up with some cracking information - the best researcher out !

Mel
Old May 18th 2010, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

PS posted from Laguna Square.

Thanks
Jon
No but it is about 10k and very up and down so take a back pack full of water!
Old May 18th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Read my post again, Olivia. I mentioned going TO Laguna, taking about 1hr15m ....... also I didn't even mention shopping anywhere. So I'm happily on planet Earth. Hope you are there too.

Its a beautiful 'corner of the Earth' - to quote Jamiroquai.

Its a nice walk to Laguna... we like it. Except for the few mins from the m-way roundabout to the next one before the hill. But quickly done.

Also there is the 'back road' - the old way to get into CE - before the bridge was built. Its from the second roundabout with the fountain - over the hill, on the dirt road - under the m-way, through the little 'farms' - right through the industrial estate, (which is basically crossing the road and only a few mins) ... and in the countryside over the hill to Ayamonte... from there you can also walk to Canela (although we haven't done it yet). That's a longer walk to Ayamonte by 30-45 mins depending on the route you take into Ayamonte (there are some choices). But a nice walk as well, with some good views from the hills.

To avoid more confusion, I don't recommend you do it in reverse with your shopping! Those Mercadona bags can cut into your hands after a few minutes. Assuming you can get there, I also don't recommend going walking (or shopping) in any other planet in our solar system!
I don't agree. You have your rose tinted glasses on if you think that is a nice walk its just A to B best done by car. There is countryside and of course the lovely beach to walk in the area with no noise of cars on the motorway or concrete skeletens to spoil the view.
Old May 18th 2010, 4:49 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by olivia
I don't agree. You have your rose tinted glasses on if you think that is a nice walk its just A to B best done by car. There is countryside and of course the lovely beach to walk in the area with no noise of cars on the motorway or concrete skeletens to spoil the view.
I don't expect (or need) your agreement - after your silly outburst in the earlier post. Conjuring up some silly fiction about shopping and heat - when I hadnt mentioned either. So now in public you tell everyone that I have rose tinted glasses...

However, even if you were right, I'd rather have rose tinted glasses than take a negative, critical view of things around me. It's not really any concern to me - people in love have these glasses too! Also we are complete strangers and you should find another and more constructive way to relieve your frustrations.

As someone who thinks 'laterally' I need to thank you. Any doubts I had after our recent private messages are completely gone now.

Less doubts = happier life. Thanks again. Subject closed for me.

I hope you can find a proper way to resolve your angst, quickly - life is too short.

Best of luck with that
Old May 18th 2010, 6:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jon
Pop up to El Chorro for a breathtaking Kings walk.

Last edited by jdr; May 18th 2010 at 6:04 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by jdr
Pop up to El Chorro for a breathtaking Kings walk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw
Blimey - never seen anything like it. The 'via ferrats's' that I know are much more modern and as tough as they are - you feel that the safety lines are well secure.

This looks delapidated - yet lots of people on it. I couldnt hack it! So its a cycle track to Ayamonte anyday! I wont be heading Malaga way for this!

Thanks JDR - very interesting!
Old May 19th 2010, 6:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey - never seen anything like it. The 'via ferrats's' that I know are much more modern and as tough as they are - you feel that the safety lines are well secure.

This looks delapidated - yet lots of people on it. I couldnt hack it! So its a cycle track to Ayamonte anyday! I wont be heading Malaga way for this!

Thanks JDR - very interesting!
It was first built in 1906 and restored in 1921 when they built the dam, i had a link to some old pics of the old King of Spain on it then, but have lost it, I will post it if I come across it.
It`s nearer Granada than Malaga, the railway track there was used in the Frank Sinatra film Von Ryans Express.
Old May 21st 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes the center bollard has been run down by I think a heavy vehicle and the mechanism burnt out! So we have driven through but it would be nice if this could be made permanant which will only happen when the road is extended through the derillict canning factories as proposed. That will cost mega bucks so I would settle for an extension of the footpath and cycle track along the river front for now. The one big problem I see with the whole scheme is that the only working boatyard in Ayamonte is between the canning factories and the fish dock and that cannot be separated from the river and survive.
When we first came here we understood the plans were to knock down the cannery buildings and extend the new road. We once saw a plan for this in the town hall. Things being as they are now we doubt this will happen. This week the painters have been out white washing all the old buildings. It does look better.Also there is a traffic sign warning you about the Pilones. As to the bollards, yes, someone late of the evening did drive and hit the middle bollard. The front of his car was buckled.

Personally we benefit from this road being open to small vehicles. The locals like it too, we all enjoy this road both on foot or driving to have easier access to the motorway.

Sue
Old May 21st 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
Carol, this news has no connection with the Plan Parcial del Sector Nº1 "Puente Esuri".
Hola S_L,

I mention it only in reference to this article in the estatutos EUC de CE:

Título 1. Generalidades
Artículo 7º.- Zona de Actuación

La Zona de Actuación está constituida por el ámbito territorial incluido en el P.P. Sector nº1 de las Normas Subsidiarias de planeamiento de Ayamonte.

Se establece la posibilidad de ampliar la zona de actuación a nuevos sectores urbanísticos colindantes al P.P. Sector nº 1, previa aprobación por el órgano gestor.

It might not have any connection whatsoever.
Old May 22nd 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jon
We've driven it a few times - quite a good shortcut to Villablanca - although one or two places got a bit washed out during the winter rains. It's quite scenic along beside the river but it becomes just a country road when it turns inland so you would need a decent incentive in Villablanca to make it worthwhile
Old May 29th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola S_L,

I mention it only in reference to this article in the estatutos EUC de CE:

Título 1. Generalidades
Artículo 7º.- Zona de Actuación

La Zona de Actuación está constituida por el ámbito territorial incluido en el P.P. Sector nº1 de las Normas Subsidiarias de planeamiento de Ayamonte.

Se establece la posibilidad de ampliar la zona de actuación a nuevos sectores urbanísticos colindantes al P.P. Sector nº 1, previa aprobación por el órgano gestor.

It might not have any connection whatsoever.
Hi Carol,

EUC affects only CE.
CE= sector nº1 of the Plan Parcial.

This article means that if the sector is expanded, such expansion would also be affected by the EUC.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

(snip)...

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon,
Sorry, I missed this question. Hopefully, you'll read this before you head out to CE.
In answer to the question re: Camino natural del Guadiana. Yes, it has been approved/started, and I believe you'll find lots of information about this route, and at least 2 other Huelva routes, on this site. If you google the full name of the Ministerio del Medio... (MARM) - it's mentioned in the news article link- you'll find lots more info.
http://www.mapa.es/es/desarrollo/pag...5/guadiana.htm
Enjoy your hols!
Carol
Old May 31st 2010, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
Hi Carol,

EUC affects only CE.
CE= sector nº1 of the Plan Parcial.

This article means that if the sector is expanded, such expansion would also be affected by the EUC.
Hola S_L,
Thanks for the reply.

Apologies in advance if I appear thick (tonta) but does Sector nº1 del Plan Parcial include all the construction/developers/parcela owners on CE? Would it be possible to view (at a public meeting for instance) a map of this area over which the EUC is supposed to have responsibility?

My intention when posting the link to the Camino natural del Guadiana was not to stray far off topic from the EUC, but I wondered if (in the future whenever this route is completed) a proportion of it's maintenance would fall to the EUC. The Sector nº1 del PP would expand to include it. Do you follow?

Furthermore, should this be the case, what would stop the Sector Nº1 del PP from expanding to include anything else (Marina?)

Salu2
Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.