Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi all,

we are getting a bit giddy as we have just booked one-way tickets to Faro and will be in CE full-time from mid-May. We have been waiting for a couple of years to make a permanent move and now we have a specific date it is very exciting. Most of the arrangements have been made and the rest are planned. However, not all is rosy. My PC has just come back from being repaired and unfortunately the hard drive was damaged beyond recovery. Added to this my backups (taken via Norton 360) are somehow not retrievable. One result is that my list of contacts and useful websites has disappeared. Does anyone know of a car hire company that gives good value deals on long term hire, say for one or two months? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola Chris,
Did you look for curcuma, or azafran de las indias?
Carol
Hi Carol, we went armed with translations of what we needed, so yes I knew the word curcuma and we found some eventually (after I'd improvised for our guests) we also found types of Garam Masala and Curry blends.

I must admit I ignored anything with azafran on it as I assumed it was powdered saffron.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

What ever happens will happen....we just need to be prepared. For those on Rago 1 who have completed the main issue (should the worst happen) is maintaining supplies, pool cleaning and general maintenance etc. I do not know what all this entails generator hire and purchase of deisel.

Of course I/we may be worrying unduly...I do expect that Fadesa will find a solution....but there is risk they will not. If Fadesa do go pop and we have no electricity (the deisel runs out or the hire co takes the generator back); what about planned visits to CE for holidays etc.

I do not Know what any body else thinks.....but from the day I parted with my deposit the main problem has been the lack of any real, proper and reliable information. Yes this blog does help, but it is all mainly opinion (and is any ones opinion any more reliable than any one elses). This blog because of the real lack of proper information does tend to er on the negative side with some posts (yes guilty as charged).

For me have not been given consistent advise from the professionals in the region as how best to deal with the issues that arise. I feel to some extent that we are cash cows for the local economy....nothing wrong with that if the service is good and nothing goes wrong. But the true test of any service is when problems arise.

I guess where I am coming from is that all on CE need a source of relaible information and updates. I do not think that this blog acheives that or that it engages all on CE. I think that it would be useful to produce a CE centric news letter that provides real and relevant information about CE and the CE community. This news letter could seek to engage all with an interest in CE....that includes Fadesa, ADA and others. It should not be a platform for whinging without good cause.

I have no objection to setting up the appropriate web site and posting the news letter and emailing it generally. But we do need contributing articles and columns. It is a pitty that Benny and Sam are out of the loop. I bet they could do a cracking column on progress updates and whats new at CE...would they be interested?

Anyone any ideas?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
What ever happens will happen....we just need to be prepared. For those on Rago 1 who have completed the main issue (should the worst happen) is maintaining supplies, pool cleaning and general maintenance etc. I do not know what all this entails generator hire and purchase of deisel.

Of course I/we may be worrying unduly...I do expect that Fadesa will find a solution....but there is risk they will not. If Fadesa do go pop and we have no electricity (the deisel runs out or the hire co takes the generator back); what about planned visits to CE for holidays etc.

I do not Know what any body else thinks.....but from the day I parted with my deposit the main problem has been the lack of any real, proper and reliable information. Yes this blog does help, but it is all mainly opinion (and is any ones opinion any more reliable than any one elses). This blog because of the real lack of proper information does tend to er on the negative side with some posts (yes guilty as charged).

For me have not been given consistent advise from the professionals in the region as how best to deal with the issues that arise. I feel to some extent that we are cash cows for the local economy....nothing wrong with that if the service is good and nothing goes wrong. But the true test of any service is when problems arise.

I guess where I am coming from is that all on CE need a source of relaible information and updates. I do not think that this blog acheives that or that it engages all on CE. I think that it would be useful to produce a CE centric news letter that provides real and relevant information about CE and the CE community. This news letter could seek to engage all with an interest in CE....that includes Fadesa, ADA and others. It should not be a platform for whinging without good cause.

I have no objection to setting up the appropriate web site and posting the news letter and emailing it generally. But we do need contributing articles and columns. It is a pitty that Benny and Sam are out of the loop. I bet they could do a cracking column on progress updates and whats new at CE...would they be interested?

Anyone any ideas?
MichaelH has just started a magazine on his website and it is a cracker but it covers Ayamonte in general not just CE. Something similar just for CE would be fantastic but it would involve a lot of work for interested individuals. I also think that the main input would need to be from full time residents so that things can be checked out and there would need to be a firm editorial grip.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Hi, help / advice required please........

Security bars for houses - does anyone know anyone local who can do these...?? Also are they expensive...? all i need is the ground floor done of a house.......

Aswell, I need a shower screen and bath screen fitted can someone pm me a number and name if anyone has used them before as I need to get them fitted....

thanks very much....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by davidpayne

Security bars for houses - does anyone know anyone local who can do these...?? Also are they expensive...? all i need is the ground floor done of a house.......

Aswell, I need a shower screen and bath screen fitted can someone pm me a number and name if anyone has used them before as I need to get them fitted....

thanks very much....
Sue at Purple Parrot is a good bet for the showers and bath screen. She sorted our apartment out completely and is first class.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yvonne King
Sue at Purple Parrot is a good bet for the showers and bath screen. She sorted our apartment out completely and is first class.
Thanks... I know most of the people in town and all they do is pass it to the workmen..... I was really trying to deal with someone direct and cut out the middle man... thanks anyway!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

derek and margaret is on a distinguished road

Thanks... I know most of the people in town and all they do is pass it to the workmen..... I was really trying to deal with someone direct and cut out the middle man... thanks anyway!
David have sent you p.m .
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jamesf
Simple is the way forward. I'm so happy with a plate of Jamon, a small beer, some olives and a bit of bread.

The ingredients are so good that you don't need to do much to them.

Oh and the seafood. It's amazing. I don't want to over power it with sauces or anything. Grilled Dourada with some potatoes (boiled in Portugal, chips in Spain) makes the world go by slowly but beautifully.

Though again, I do understand other people want more and that will happen the more of us that move there. Supply drives demand and I never think that Ayamonte will totally change. I just don't think it will.

I love curry and usually am dying for one by the time I come home from a week or so from Esuri/Ayamonte.
Hi Jamesf and Marisol couldn't agree more with your posts re plain simple Spanish food. Channel 4 have a new cookery prog. on Thurs evenings called a cooks tour of Spain and that is what it is promoting. Re curries:- Super Sol sell Pataks curry paste. Regards Bryony
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

thanks very much....
Don`t forget the licences otherwise you could stop other people getting their habitation licence etc, as you are actually changing the urbanization plans if they are not included on the original.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t forget the licences otherwise you could stop other people getting their habitation licence etc, as you are actually changing the urbanization plans if they are not included on the original.
What..?? You need a licence to have a shower.... ?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Laura Kaye is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi haven't been on the forum for a long while - we have bought on Rago 1 and am very concerned about the whole electric/communal siutuation - haven't managed to get to CE since last summer - anyone out there in Rago 1 Block 1 or something nearby with deep concerns it would be nice to hear from you - please send me a personal message - think some of us need to speak/meet up to try and pool as much info as possible.

Thanks Laura and Paul Kaye
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:31 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Anyone any ideas?
Top 5 movers on the Spanish stock exchange today.

Aisa 2.35 up 8.29%
Seda Barna 1.19 up 7.21%
Faes 10.87 up 6.36%
Martinsa-Fadesa 20.25 up 5.19%
Vale Do Río doce Ord. 22.17 up 5.17%

I am not saying Rago 1 will be sorted quickly but I do think it will be Martinsa Fadesa who will be footing the bill. they can well afford it on todays gains alone.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:44 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

This I can tell you from experience will be difficult to achieve. It would essentially become an extension of this thread. Getting Fadesa or any other associated body to comment is like getting blood out of a stone. If they don't talk to their clients, I doubt they'd prefer to talk to a news letter. What you would have to depend on is contirbutions from people who have properties there - or to put it another way, the contributors on this thread and they are already using this.

I think when there's anything to be told about, this forum works well. People know to come here when they want information, to vent, to share or whatever.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

Here's the latest:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...fx4817597.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.