Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Thanks for that John. Interesting about the three other villas under construction. Wonder if they are private or developers.

We will start phoning in morning also.

Dave & Lynn
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

jacqandy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dantill
Thanks for that John. Interesting about the three other villas under construction. Wonder if they are private or developers.

Dave & Lynn
they are a developers but i believe that two are sold to end user
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Dave & Lynn
Yes they look like it is a three for 2 swop so that two plots are developed with 3 villas. The curve has allowed the developer to have a very wide frontage at the fairway and he has advanced his builds toward that boundary so that you will probably see clear over the top of all three out toward Albatros.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes they look like it is a three for 2 swop so that two plots are developed with 3 villas. The curve has allowed the developer to have a very wide frontage at the fairway and he has advanced his builds toward that boundary so that you will probably see clear over the top of all three out toward Albatros.
RAGO 1 IMPROVEMENTS AND ELECTRICITY

Fadesa at CE no nothing as to when this work will start or finish. This is despite Fadesa at CE having promised that the improvemnts would start in Jan and then again after easter.

I have written to MF in Madrid to see if they can say when this will start....they referred me to Jaime at CE for an answer....I called Jaime he knows nothing and no longer works for Fadesa....classic.....Fadesa truly does not have a clue what is going on.....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
RAGO 1 IMPROVEMENTS AND ELECTRICITY

Fadesa at CE no nothing as to when this work will start or finish. This is despite Fadesa at CE having promised that the improvemnts would start in Jan and then again after easter.

I have written to MF in Madrid to see if they can say when this will start....they referred me to Jaime at CE for an answer....I called Jaime he knows nothing and no longer works for Fadesa....classic.....Fadesa truly does not have a clue what is going on.....
Fadesa at the shed told me this morning that a) The sales office had no idea when Endesa would make the electricity connection but it was down to them and not Fadesa and b) The technical department downstairs said the electricity was days away and would be connected soon.

For "Dantill" the very large villa being built on the uphill corner of the entrance to your cul-de-sac is already connected to electricity so your telephone call may be true this time!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that John. How did you find out that villa is actually connected?

Solicitors promised me this morning to email this afternoon with an answer and so far all I have received from them is a special offer for the golf membership as apparently I have just completed on my house!!! ???

Frustrating!!!

Dave
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that John. How did you find out that villa is actually connected?

Solicitors promised me this morning to email this afternoon with an answer and so far all I have received from them is a special offer for the golf membership as apparently I have just completed on my house!!! ???

Frustrating!!!

Dave
The technical department told my builder who went over to check and it is.

He was told to find the meter no of that plot and the meter no of my plot then ring Endesa and ask for me to be connected. Endesa will be able to tell from the meter no's how close they are to me and will connect, or not, if they are close enough. It really does seem to be happening!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogerbilko
Going to CE next week to stay at our house on M6 for the first time
Any ideas about the best restaurants in the area?
There are some good restaurants in the area and I'm sure others will point you in the right direction. However, if you just want somewhere to have a reasonable meal then upstairs in the Plaza Mall has a number of cafes and restaurants and the Isla Canela Marina has a nice cluster of restaurants including Irish and Antipodean pubs!!
Just got back from our first proper stay in CE since we furnished it last September and I must say that it was marvellous. At times the temp hit 29.5 degrees. The OH actually went in the pool for a dip, not once but 4 times. Unfortunately Mars was closed (maybe Monday is his day off) so hit the beach restaurant at Altura - very slow service but good food and actually got a bit tanned in the sun. Noosh was also closed (maybe Wednesday is his day off).
Looking forward to our next trip.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:12 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
There are some good restaurants in the area and I'm sure others will point you in the right direction. However, if you just want somewhere to have a reasonable meal then upstairs in the Plaza Mall has a number of cafes and restaurants and the Isla Canela Marina has a nice cluster of restaurants including Irish and Antipodean pubs!!
Just got back from our first proper stay in CE since we furnished it last September and I must say that it was marvellous. At times the temp hit 29.5 degrees. The OH actually went in the pool for a dip, not once but 4 times. Unfortunately Mars was closed (maybe Monday is his day off) so hit the beach restaurant at Altura - very slow service but good food and actually got a bit tanned in the sun. Noosh was also closed (maybe Wednesday is his day off).
Looking forward to our next trip.
Oh dear lord!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Unfortunately RB, I would have to disagree with the list Marisol put up. I find that in Ayamonte itself there is a surprising LACK of what one would call quality restaurants - I mean something with some sort of wowo factor. In the list graciously provided, one has shut down and the another has changed hands, so not great as a guide, but a starting point nevertheless.

Huelva province-wise, you'd be better off starting from Isla Cristina or Islantilla, there's a couple of notable ones around Rompido and Aljaraque, but if it's real quality - and above all, variety, - youre after, then the closest you'll get it from Ayamonte is in Portugal, particularly the restaurants around Almancil and Quinta do Lago. A bit more expensive - but not prohibitively so, and more importantly, just the few euros extra results in a world of difference on your plate.

As for Luciano, first on that list, they'll see you coming at a thousand paces - biggest waste of money for very little return that you could hope to find

Hello Fortaleza
I disagree with you, anyway, against tastes there isn't anything written
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:49 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Fortaleza
Yes, Marisol, but one thing that some of my restraunteur friends argue - whether sincerely or not - is that because this province has historically depended on tourism from inside Spain from the cities such as Madrid, they are loath to tamper with a style of cooking that 'city folk' have come to expect from this coast - for this reason, you can visit 10 different restaurants here and find little variation in not only the menu bit in how it is cooked.

I know of a few places over the years who have tried to vary the menu but have lost out on custom.

Yet maybe now is the right time for change. With the current wave of TV chefs plaguing the airwaves in Spain, people's palettes are arguably changing - note the recent plethora of "sophisticated" (not my word, but anyway...) restaurants to have opened up in the capital in the last 5 years.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Fortaleza
Maybe you are right, guia Michelin thinks the same thing about restaurants than you, here is what they think. You have to write, in where there is written "CP, region, ciudad, lugar...." Ayamonte (huelva) and then push in "restaurantes michelin"

via michelin
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Nooo don't do that. Don't change the cuisine. I love it. The beach bars in Canela for Lunch and tapas in Ayamonte for dinner.

You can trot over to Monte Gordo if you want variety!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you are right, guia Michelin thinks the same thing about restaurants than you, here is what they think. You have to write, in where there is written "CP, region, ciudad, lugar...." Ayamonte (huelva) and then push in "restaurantes michelin"

via michelin
Marisol, with all the lovely vegetables you can buy in Spain, they don`t seem to serve many of them with the meals in Spanish restaurants, or is it just where I go.
When you cook at home do you not have vegetables with your meals.
Maybe it is just the poor British way that our vegetables seem to swamp our plates and we nearly lose the meat. lol
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesf
Nooo don't do that. Don't change the cuisine. I love it. The beach bars in Canela for Lunch and tapas in Ayamonte for dinner.

You can trot over to Monte Gordo if you want variety!!
Hello Jamesf
i really like to have lunch and dinner in Ayamonte, i have found almost all restaurants i have tried, very good. The most important for me is the quality and this is always excellent. I don't like the "new cooking" maybe that is why i like the simple food cooking in a simple form but i understand there must be a lot of people who expect something more than for me can be enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.