Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by MikeCol
We heard yesterday from a reliable source that the Commercial centre has been bought by a Dutch company also some properties don't know about the hotel though.
Yes I heard this too. Am hoping that it is not a rumour - but I got it from a good source too. We are in CE at the moment - beautiful. We've had great weather, and yesterday we were on the terrace in our swimming cozzies, tanning!

Cold at night and early in the morning though... but cant complain - its nice to have seasons.

Some may remember that I posted about what is arguably the closest resto to CE (apart from the golf club). In Monte Francisco, run by Luis, that many know. Speaks to us in French, is Portugese, speaks Sanish and English fluently as well.. and a really nice guy (ex lalota resto in town). I have no comercial connection with this resto.

His empire is growing and he's opened a new resto a week ago - just a few yards down the road to the original one - which now just does tapas and wonderful garlic prawns (best Ive had). The new one has a more substantial menu, but is basic and good portugese fare. So he still rates as the closest to CE...... The new one is called Mestre Romulo. Very drinkable house red for 5 Euro a litre.. but get a half litre for 3 and share it if you are driving. Tel 966 170 381 or 962 686 137.

To find both take the Villa Real (VRSA) turn off after the bridge. Go away from VRSA, north at the junction and in 100 yards take the Monte Francisco (MF) turn off, first left. At the roundabout, DONT follow MF but take the 2nd exit. After a hundred yards or so, at the next R-about turn right. His first resto is immediately on the left Campiesa, and about 30 yards further down in his new one. (BTW the original resto is in a community centre - with free internet in the upstairs library)

Also THANK YOU for the book exchange, I posted that last time the books were romance type ones, now there is a good mix!

So greetings from a warm CE - great sunsets and a huge full moon if you can see it early on!

Cheers
Jon
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Yes I heard this too. Am hoping that it is not a rumour - but I got it from a good source too. We are in CE at the moment - beautiful. We've had great weather, and yesterday we were on the terrace in our swimming cozzies, tanning!

Cold at night and early in the morning though... but cant complain - its nice to have seasons.

Some may remember that I posted about what is arguably the closest resto to CE (apart from the golf club). In Monte Francisco, run by Luis, that many know. Speaks to us in French, is Portugese, speaks Sanish and English fluently as well.. and a really nice guy (ex lalota resto in town). I have no comercial connection with this resto.

His empire is growing and he's opened a new resto a week ago - just a few yards down the road to the original one - which now just does tapas and wonderful garlic prawns (best Ive had). The new one has a more substantial menu, but is basic and good portugese fare. So he still rates as the closest to CE...... The new one is called Mestre Romulo. Very drinkable house red for 5 Euro a litre.. but get a half litre for 3 and share it if you are driving. Tel 966 170 381 or 962 686 137.

To find both take the Villa Real (VRSA) turn off after the bridge. Go away from VRSA, north at the junction and in 100 yards take the Monte Francisco (MF) turn off, first left. At the roundabout, DONT follow MF but take the 2nd exit. After a hundred yards or so, at the next R-about turn right. His first resto is immediately on the left Campiesa, and about 30 yards further down in his new one. (BTW the original resto is in a community centre - with free internet in the upstairs library)

Also THANK YOU for the book exchange, I posted that last time the books were romance type ones, now there is a good mix!

So greetings from a warm CE - great sunsets and a huge full moon if you can see it early on!

Cheers
Jon
You learn something every day. We have been going to Campiesa since Lois opened there but did not know about the upstairs library and internet. We did know that the garlic prawns are the best for miles. On its day the black pork is pretty good too!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:18 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Jon
What a great upbeat post, I really enjoy this thread for this type of "inside info" on where to eat etc...thanks Jon.

ALTHOUGH I AM INSANELY JEALOUS......I want to be in CE taking in the sun and relaxing !! Here I am at work, grey miserable weather, VAT inspection last week, ISO quality audit tomorrow. GRRRR !!

Mel
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers
Jon
Hi Jon, went for a walk along the beach at Manta Rota last Sunday then went to the beach cafe/restaurant (at the begining of the boardwalk) for lunch, its fab. The cover consists of a selection of nibbles plus thick slices of the best bread ever (asked the owner where to get it and have already bought 2 loaves this week). After demolishing that had lovely starters followed by grilled Dorada served with sauted new potatoes and 3 veg. Its all beautifully cooked and served and is open from mid-day until 9pm. Hope I haven't made people drool over their pc's but really had to give it a mention. Regards Bryony
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Well we all seem to be keeping happy in these "grey times". But then what's not to be happy about? The sun aint changing and Esuri is an asset that exists.

Good news on the hotel. Even better news on the commercial centre.

Only bad news is I'm not back there until the 2nd Jan. Damn damn damn this work stuff.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesf
Well we all seem to be keeping happy in these "grey times". But then what's not to be happy about? The sun aint changing and Esuri is an asset that exists.

Good news on the hotel. Even better news on the commercial centre.

Only bad news is I'm not back there until the 2nd Jan. Damn damn damn this work stuff.
Does this mean that there is more certaintity about the sales or are we still hoping?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Think you're still hoping. I'm just being optimistic.

In a way it doesn't matter (I guess) if you didn't buy to make money short term anyhow as they'll get sold at some point.

I was just reading back and catching up on the thread. Sorry if I'm jumping the gun....
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
What a great upbeat post, I really enjoy this thread for this type of "inside info" on where to eat etc...thanks Jon.

ALTHOUGH I AM INSANELY JEALOUS......I want to be in CE taking in the sun and relaxing !! Here I am at work, grey miserable weather, VAT inspection last week, ISO quality audit tomorrow. GRRRR !!

Mel
Another upbeat story which I'm sure most of you have read regarding a UK / Spain link on stem cell research http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1119092939.htm. The connection with this thread (remote I agree) on Esuri is that our daughter is doing a PhD in Anthony Hollander's laboratory and was seen on the ITV news lead story tonight as a token lab rat. I've ordered a new back...................
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, went for a walk along the beach at Manta Rota last Sunday then went to the beach cafe/restaurant (at the begining of the boardwalk) for lunch, its fab. The cover consists of a selection of nibbles plus thick slices of the best bread ever (asked the owner where to get it and have already bought 2 loaves this week). After demolishing that had lovely starters followed by grilled Dorada served with sauted new potatoes and 3 veg. Its all beautifully cooked and served and is open from mid-day until 9pm. Hope I haven't made people drool over their pc's but really had to give it a mention. Regards Bryony
Bryony,
Forgive my ignorance , where is Manta Rota? We are over for a flying visit weekend after next and would like to try this one for lunch. Also going after Jon's highly recommended garlic prawns.

Jon,
How long you over for?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AndyS
Bryony,
Forgive my ignorance , where is Manta Rota? We are over for a flying visit weekend after next and would like to try this one for lunch. Also going after Jon's highly recommended garlic prawns.

Jon,
How long you over for?
Hi Andy,

Manta Rota is next along the coast after Monte Gordo then Pria Verde it is the small town where MARS Bar is situated. Over the bridge then second exit on the motorway, turn right at the end of the link road then second on the left.

Have a good trip, John.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Andy,

Manta Rota is next along the coast after Monte Gordo then Pria Verde it is the small town where MARS Bar is situated. Over the bridge then second exit on the motorway, turn right at the end of the link road then second on the left.

Have a good trip, John.
Thanks John, finally going over to complete on the plot. So pleased to see such a strong EUR/GBP rate!!!!!!! Oh for a crystal ball.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

henny is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news today about the Marina going ahead end of 2010 and the shopping centre has been bought and work will continue. Hotel near golf course is also on the agenda. Thanks to the mayor of Ayamonte!!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

went to Jag's bar today for breakfast.
Proper English sausages and bacon.

<Snip, re rule 9> and is a post like this really relevent to the Spanish forum ?

sue

Last edited by jdr; Nov 20th 2008 at 4:31 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by henny
Great news today about the Marina going ahead end of 2010 and the shopping centre has been bought and work will continue. Hotel near golf course is also on the agenda. Thanks to the mayor of Ayamonte!!!
Are we all dreaming or do you have a source in the Mayor's Parlor?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:29 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Are we all dreaming or do you have a source in the Mayor's Parlor?
It was discussed at a meeting held with the mayor and the minutes were circulated today. pm me if you want a copy.

Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.