Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

RaineandJu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by AandJ
Where did you get the date as 14th August? Our advice states 15 days from now to get things sorted out.
a&J
apparently endesa were posting stuff through letter boxes, here is the translation
The generators will be taken offline today as Endesa are connecting the electricity. Initially it is a test but if it works successfully we will be on mains power by today. Even if it is unsuccessful we will be back on generators tonight but it is still imminent so it is IMPERRATIVE, therefore that you contact your solicitor, property agent, estate agent or whoever has your bulletin TODAY to ask them to send your electricity bulletin and the other info required (see below) to Endesa and liaise with them re keys so Endesa can have access to your property.

The processing days for the connections are only Friday 8 to Tuesday 12 August. If you have not sent your documents by 12h August your personal electricity will be cut off until you can provide such details!!!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
All the examples you give have one MAJOR asset that Esuri does not have - beach. These resorts and hotels are built around the beach. All the hotels in Canela are in the vitally strategic (for Spanish and Portuguese tourism anyway) First Line of the Beach. They can fall out of the hotel and onto the beach - great if you've got a young family and have to drag prams, pushcairs, toys, inflatable, parasols etc...

As long as there is beach, the hotels feel safe opening up there.

There are top hotels in areas much smaller than here throughout Spain - when they are on the beach

A good comparison is Islantilla. The first phase including the Golf, Confortel Hotel and first residential blocks around it opened up in 1992. The Main Centro Comercial opened in around 2001. Here we are 7 years later and it still has yet to open the type of shops that many of you believe will go to Esuri.

16 years on and Islantilla does a roaring trade in the short summer months but remains largely closed (except sunny weekends) the rest of the year. There is quite a large all year round community as, apart from people who are there in their properties full time, many of the properties are let out in Summer, then let out to teachers from Lepe and Isla Cristina between mid September and mid June. Even with this community in winter, and good solid weekend trade if the weather is good, it still struggles, hence many businesses prefer to shut completely.

And they have the advantage of being on the long sandy beach and being flanked by the province's biggest towns outside Huelva City - Lepe and Isla Cristina so they should get good numbers of visitors in winter. They also had the advantage of growing during the economic boom of the nineties up to, well, last year.
El Rompido?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

I Just received a phone call from my Spanish Solicitor (who is subcontracted too by my English solicitor (not heard anything from him but no doubt eventually I will and will have to pay for second hand information via a standard fee letter). Anyway - although we are ready to complete, and the monies are available to complete, the administrators are not in a position to complete - some talk about waiting for a tribunal to occur. At least 200 people are waiting to complete on Esuri. No outlook.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:30 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyp
El Rompido?
....has beach! It may not be nice, but it is there. The hotel Fuerte El Rompido suggests from its title it is a strong, 'large chain' as you suggest (2 in Marbella, 2 in Conil, 1 on Malaga coast, one in the Cadiz Sierra, 1 in Rompido is the global reach of their empire)

It is on the golf resort, next to the luxury apartments overlooking the new Marina.

Plenty of nice beaches only a walk away.

It also benefits from getting the overflow from Punta Umbria just down the road which is full of people from Huelva and Seville in summer and at weekends. Huelva city (population 140,00ish) just around 15mins drive from Rompido.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:52 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

....has beach! It may not be nice, but it is there. The hotel Fuerte El Rompido suggests from its title it is a strong, 'large chain' as you suggest (2 in Marbella, 2 in Conil, 1 on Malaga coast, one in the Cadiz Sierra, 1 in Rompido is the global reach of their empire)

It is on the golf resort, next to the luxury apartments overlooking the new Marina.

Plenty of nice beaches only a walk away.

It also benefits from getting the overflow from Punta Umbria just down the road which is full of people from Huelva and Seville in summer and at weekends. Huelva city (population 140,00ish) just around 15mins drive from Rompido.
Hi Fortaleza, is there any sign of the latest Oracle yet, or have I missed it. Saying that I never get a first hand copy anyway, even though I have registered many times for the PDF version..?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by SteveandCathy
Hi Pedro
Great news about the shop opening lets hope its a success. Could you post the opening hours?.
Sam posted these last week elsewhere they were 08.00 until 10.00. There is a bread oven for fresh bread, ice cream fridges, fresh coffee machine and beer. There are tables outside which overlook Golf I but it is a long way away.

Some one suggested that if we all use it they may stay open later but that is already past my bed time so I'm OK!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 6th 2008 at 1:14 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hit a nerve??

What's wrong with a bit of reality?

Ayamonte has a population - in all its areas including Esuri,Canela, Pozo del Camino, Punta del Moral - of less than 20,000. For those doubting Thomas's, who prefer to believe the Estate Agents guesstimations of the figure being higher, you just need to look at the number of councillors the town has - populations under 20,000 only have 17 councillors (and it's a sliding scale)

Esuri has 2150-ish completed properties under MF, with some 900 plots for people to build villas etc. The other 50% is owned by other developers (eg Sea & Sun etc). Sold properties - I don't have the precise figure as it is hard to pin down - is just over half of the 2150. Plots I don't know but looking at the site I'd say a fair few.

Now - for those of you who are looking forward to getting off the AVE high speed train at Ayamonte, or flying directly into Huelva Airport, going over to the Five Star Hilton Esuri, nipping over to the marina to check on the yacht before a bit of shopping in El Corte Ingles, Zara and Springfield before taking in a film at the cinema (IN ENGLISH) whilst finishing the evening off with a meal and drinks at the wide variety of top class restaurants and bars on site .....

..... you're going to have a bloody long wait.

That's not cruel. That's not sarcastic. That's not knocking the place.

That's a dose of reality.

Most of the things I mentioned above will most likely never happen and those that do (with the exception of the Comercial Centre but most likely minus those brands) are many years away.

Better to appreciate what you have got. A nice quiet development of housing with lovely views of the river, bridge and golf courses etc. Only a short hop to Ayamonte or the Algarve. Seville just over an hour away. Faro airport a 40 min trip. Beaches all over the place. Wonderful climate. Approx 20excellent golf courses all within an hour of your home

So it isn't all you hoped it would be. It's still miles better than what a lot of people have got
Thats exacty what I bought there for so I'm well pleased. The hotel would be good and the marina a bonus when I come to sell in 20 or so years (praise be to god). I am not a shopaholic so a small bread & milk shop within walking distance is all I need and if the girls want to do some real shopping a day out in Sevill is fine by me they can shop and I can sightsee. The Forum Algarve is handy when dropping off or collecting people from Faro so what more do I want?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:25 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Surely a few apartment blocks with commercial space on ground floor for a variety of shops bar restaurants would have been far more sustainable even without the current credit crunch than a full blown centro comercial just a few mins from one already established (if not doing all that well)

Businesses could have taken their time to open one by one without fear of being lumped in a lifeless CC where people will have to make an effort to get to.

Still, you've got what you've got. Make the most of it
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm

The current Hilton expansion in Spain, of which the first phase is as the letter says 20 key cities, have worked like this so far:

Hilton Barcelona
Hilton Toledo
Hilton Diagonal Mar (Barcelona)
Hilton Madrid Airport
Hilton Sa Torre (Mallorca)
Hilton Valencia

So six down - 4 cities and one tourist area. Ayamonte MUST be next, surely.

I mean, why bother with Seville, Granada, Madrid City Centre, Valladolid, San Sebastian, Almeria, Malaga, Marbella, Cordoba, Salamanca, Bilbao, A Coruña, Santiago, Zaragoza, Santander, Cadiz, Jerez, the Canaries, even Huelva City .......

But, yeah... I see your reasoning
I think you got it wrong....I heard that it was Paris Hilton who was moving into Rago2.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:42 pm

Oh, is she doing that 'Simple Life' programme again where she has to live among poor, normal people???
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
I think you got it wrong....I heard that it was Paris Hilton who was moving into Rago2.
I think you are wrong too. Its a long way to commute to the White House!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7544754.stm
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:20 pm

Can anyone onsite send me the EXACT Spanish version of the flyer you got informing you of the Endesa electricity connection? Either PM me or post it on here.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:27 pm

Incidentally, you may be interested to know that MF must pay AT LEAST €6m to EACH of the three administrators
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Incidentally, you may be interested to know that MF must pay AT LEAST €6m to EACH of the three administrators
When you have bankers, KPMG and a Solicitor acting as Administrators you can bet its at least £6m. Par for the course...
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by GerryW
When you have bankers, KPMG and a Solicitor acting as Administrators you can bet its at least £6m. Par for the course...

KPMG?? I thought it was Bankinter, the Comision de Valores etc.... and the Solicitor.

Besides, if they are earning €6m each, I'm in the wrong job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.