Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:51 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Oh deary me, Olivia. Must I once again explain this simple concept on here?

Fortaleza does not edit The Oracle. He does have independent thought, completely seperate from said paper. He, unlike so many, is able to seperate the personal from the professional.

As for biting the hand etc.... this is again a concept that people on Esuri struggle with. As much as you think it is - and many of you thought the same of this forum (maybe still do) and much to some moderators' consternation - The Oracle is not a paper solely for Costa Esuri. If it was it would have been out of business years ago. There are far more expats out there in Huelva province beyond the confines of Esuri, let alone the provinces of Seville and Cadiz which the paper also covers.

Also try READING and UNDERSTANDING some of the posts I write instead of skim reading, then you might see that your post is not exactly correct. You lot really are something else. If anyone on here strays away from your party line that you are the luckiest people in the world for spotting the paradise that is Esuri and does not participate in the self congratulatory back-slapping-fest that you love so much, they are knocking the place. Any alternative view to that is shot down.

What, pray tell, is actually factually incorrect about what I - that would be Fortaleza and not the Editor (getting this yet?) - have said regarding your little paradise on earth?

I could say, "yes! Look forward to your airport - it's on the way" .....but god only knows when as a) it still does not have a site and b) is not even close to getting the government permission it needs

I could say "yes! Look forward to your AVE station - it will be great!" ....yet it is not coming. When the Portuguese change of government happened and took the Faro-Seville link off the table, the absurdly SLIM chance that a station would be built at Ayamonte went with it too (another folly of the previous mayor).

I could say "Yes! Why wouldn't the Hilton look at Esuri?"... when anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size would tell you it is a non-starter. It is a moot point as Hilton have categorically denied it.

I could go on and on. Yet because this is not viewing it the same way as you do, you call it knocking it. So, I could lie through my teeth and that would be fine with you, but God forbid someone might state a bit of the truth and out come the tears.

Incidentally, what has the Editor of The Oracle said against Esuri in the paper?

You make accusations - lets see you back them up.
true words fort.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Coming back to the number of unsold propeties on Esuri,I do not recall Fadesa launching a high profile marketing campaign,outside of Spain,as Polaris World have.Surely the Uk is one of the main target markets.

I don't recall seeing any type of marketing about Esuri here in the Uk other than through selling agents.

Does anyone know otherwise?

Tony
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:14 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
However, hotels don't in the main cater for local residents but for visitors - the list above is a load of very good reasons to visit (particularly the golf). To a far sighted hotel chain with deep pockets it's a potential goldmine

Could be. But Spanish tourism - and I think this applies to many nations too, but lets stay national - breaks down into three general areas:

Beach - the closer the better
City - for sightseeing
Rural - for quiet getaways.

Course, there are variations on a theme - such as health spa type places but they fit in to all categories above.

I think a chain more suited to opening up simply on golf courses will be the ones best placed to take it on. Fuerte themselves could be interested and it wouldn't be a bad bet, but what sort of land is available with the Esuri hotel? Golf based hotels away from beaches tend to like have land to build sporting add-ons such as football training facilities etc..
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:16 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyp
Coming back to the number of unsold propeties on Esuri,I do not recall Fadesa launching a high profile marketing campaign,outside of Spain,as Polaris World have.Surely the Uk is one of the main target markets.

I don't recall seeing any type of marketing about Esuri here in the Uk other than through selling agents.

Tony
I was told that they did quite a big drive in the UK. I know when Four Seasons were about they were advertising heavily in the Sunday papers for a while. I heard that TV ads were also shown.

In Madrid, the promotion was massive, especially on the metro. There were massive hoardings as the trains came into stations and all sorts.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

I was told that they did quite a big drive in the UK. I know when Four Seasons were about they were advertising heavily in the Sunday papers for a while. I heard that TV ads were also shown.

In Madrid, the promotion was massive, especially on the metro. There were massive hoardings as the trains came into stations and all sorts.
Yes I remember Four Seasons promoting Esuri in the newspaers.Cannot recall any TV advertising though or any direct marketing from Fadesa.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:53 am

As I understand it- though it could be wrong - Four Seasons were the exclusive Fadesa agents for UK.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

As I understand it- though it could be wrong - Four Seasons were the exclusive Fadesa agents for UK.
Hi

We went to a presentation by Spanish Algarve Properties. Esuri was included in a pitch for the Costa de la Luz generally. Don't recall ever seeing any Costa Esuri specifc advertising - but then I tend not to pay attention to most adverts.
Steve
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Thats exacty what I bought there for so I'm well pleased. The hotel would be good and the marina a bonus when I come to sell in 20 or so years (praise be to god). I am not a shopaholic so a small bread & milk shop within walking distance is all I need and if the girls want to do some real shopping a day out in Sevill is fine by me they can shop and I can sightsee. The Forum Algarve is handy when dropping off or collecting people from Faro so what more do I want?
That is exactly why we bought. We were taken by the area, the many beaches and golf courses within a reasonable distance and the two new courses to be built on-site.

The commercial centre and the hotels were mentioned, but we didn't really think of those as particularly important. 'Nice ifs', maybe, but certainly not essential. Ayamonte and elsewhere locally offered all we might need.

Still pleased we bought; we have got what it said on the tin.

Steve
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

gerrythephone will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Hi Fortaleza, is there any sign of the latest Oracle yet, or have I missed it. Saying that I never get a first hand copy anyway, even though I have registered many times for the PDF version..?
Any answer to the above Fort? Its not turning into another Guardiana is it
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:30 am

As a mere employee and in no way owner or the man with the money, you are directing those questions at wrong person.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

As a mere employee and in no way owner or the man with the money, you are directing those questions at wrong person.
Who is the owner and who is the man with the money, perhaps we should direct our questions to them, always supposing that you have done enough copy to fill the pages we don't want to get you in trouble!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Four Seasons and Superior were promoting in the UK
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Tony
Back in 2004/5 there was great excitement on this thread that Fadesa had advertised direct in the property section of the Saturday Telegraph that happened perhaps twice or three times. It was always included in the 1/2 page Superior ads along with Bulgaria,Cyprus, Florida and assorted other destinations. Other agents to include them in wider adverts were Four Seasons and Spanish Algarve Properties. They may have advertised on TV but I never saw one but it could have been regional since their office was in Baker street and the rich live in London.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:40 am

As I understood it, Superior were only responsible for the non-Fadesa parts of the site that they had rights to
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tony
The original quoted figures were 6000 units plus 900 plots. the number of plots will have increased a bit in 3 for 2 swops by promotors say 1000 all up now. If Fadesa have built 2500 units of all types and sold a bit more than half and perhaps there are 150-200 plots completed or underway thats something like 1700 units that have potential occupation.

If you take all the Albatros developments (3) and Vista Hermosa which have been held up at completion for Electrics. When these are released you could be looking at 2000 units that are available for occupation. Thats not bad from a standing start in a "swamp" in 2003.

Having worked in the New Town movement in UK back in the 1970's the new towns declared then such as Dawley (Telford), Runcorn, Skelmersdale and MK are only just coming to full flower now with huge ammounts of Public Subsidy on the way I don't think CE is doing too bad. My view right from the start was that this was a 10-20 year project. Don't forget those new towns with the exception of MK did not have commercial centres for many years and even when they did they were built with public money and only when they had a track record were they sold on to pension funds and the like.

When we first looked round in late 2003 direct with Fadesa nothing was made of the commercial centre although it was noted there were to be 3 hotels 2x4* and a 5*, the marina was not mentioned at all nor were the other developers projects. So if I look back its is all as projected except that the Hotels will be a bit longer than I would have hoped. They will have to wait for the next upturn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.