Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

for those living in the West Country, RyanAir are going into Seville from July.

Please, before the barbed comments arrive.......I know they may not be the most popular airline but it does add another option.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt begley

Please, before the barbed comments arrive.......I know they may not be the most popular airline but it does add another option.
Hi Matt

Would that be from Exeter airport please?

Cheers
Jon
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by matt begley

Indeed, but we've found the Stansted to Seville route MUCH cheaper with them than Gatwick to Faro with Easyjet. And more on time.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

apologies - Bristol

OTE=Jon-Bxl;7191048]Hi Matt

Would that be from Exeter airport please?

Cheers
Jon[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yvonne King
Indeed, but we've found the Stansted to Seville route MUCH cheaper with them than Gatwick to Faro with Easyjet. And more on time.
A friend of mine has just booked ryanair - faro 10 euro each way no taxes..!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by davidpayne
Stanstead - ryanair ... sorry
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

I think Ryan Air are alright. They get you were they say they will cheaply.

Keep low expectations and you'll never be dissapointed.

As an aside, anyone know how I can get tickets for Recreativo V Real Madrid. I know I'm going to pay over the odds, but online they're offensive prices.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

We're flying Seville to Stansted with Ryanair next week, returning a week later. The total cost, return for the two of us, was 0,04€. We paid with our Caja Rural del Sur electron card and are only taking hand luggage.

The new Ryanair route (starting on 3rd July) is Seville to Bristol. Hopefully there will also be some new Ryanair routes from the soon to open Beja airport. Ryanair are planning an aircraft servicing facility at Beja, implying a significant volume of flights. The airport authorities have also been talking to Jet2.

With the new road bridge up river between El Granado and Pomarao due to open soon Beja will become our nearest airport. Faro will still be rather nearer for Esurians but at least Beja may open up some new route possibilities. The car parking might be cheaper too.

We walked over the new road bridge last week, along with dozens of Spaniards. The 12km road west from El Granado is now surfaced right up to the bridge but the bridge itself looks a couple more weeks from completion. No doubt there will be some appropriate celebrations when it does finally open! Prices in the bar at Pomarao are a bargain; white coffee 0,50€, decent glass of tinto 0,60€ and a 0.33cl bottle of Sagres 0,70€. Hope for the locals sake prices don't rocket once the bridge opens.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

bellb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
For all the golfers among you - we have organised two informal roll-ups every Monday and Friday morning at 10:00 at Costa Esuri. The format is not fixed and we will organise each game depending on numbers and preference at the time - although we normally play a team-based game. In addition to your green fee, we have a stake of 1 euro per player, payable at the nineteenth and shared by the winners.

All are welcome, both male and female, and regardless of handicap. The accent is on fun and informality. The intention is to enable residents and visitors the chance to have some friendly competition and the opportunity to make new friends and acquaintances.

If you would like to play, please add your name to the relevant list in the pro-shop, as this gives us a clue as to numbers. We meet at the driving range between 09:30 and 09:45.

If you have any queries, please PM me.

Mike Collins.
Well done, sounds just what I have been looking for.I will be there 2nd wk Feb
and last wk in March and several other weeks duing the year,hopefully another4.Do I phone club house and get my name on the list now?
Is there going to be special offers on the green fees?
Thanks again
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bellb
Well done, sounds just what I have been looking for.I will be there 2nd wk Feb
and last wk in March and several other weeks duing the year,hopefully another4.Do I phone club house and get my name on the list now?
Is there going to be special offers on the green fees?
Thanks again
No point in phoning clubhouse now as lists are only up for the next week. Best thing to do is to go and put your name down when you arrive. There are no special deals on green fees. However, if you are not a member I may be able to arrange to sign you in as a guest. Once you have done 3 posts on this site you can send me a private message (PM) and we can arrange things then.

Regards,

Mike.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by del.Almendro
We're flying Seville to Stansted with Ryanair next week, returning a week later. The total cost, return for the two of us, was 0,04€. We paid with our Caja Rural del Sur electron card and are only taking hand luggage.

The new Ryanair route (starting on 3rd July) is Seville to Bristol. Hopefully there will also be some new Ryanair routes from the soon to open Beja airport. Ryanair are planning an aircraft servicing facility at Beja, implying a significant volume of flights. The airport authorities have also been talking to Jet2.

With the new road bridge up river between El Granado and Pomarao due to open soon Beja will become our nearest airport. Faro will still be rather nearer for Esurians but at least Beja may open up some new route possibilities. The car parking might be cheaper too.

We walked over the new road bridge last week, along with dozens of Spaniards. The 12km road west from El Granado is now surfaced right up to the bridge but the bridge itself looks a couple more weeks from completion. No doubt there will be some appropriate celebrations when it does finally open! Prices in the bar at Pomarao are a bargain; white coffee 0,50€, decent glass of tinto 0,60€ and a 0.33cl bottle of Sagres 0,70€. Hope for the locals sake prices don't rocket once the bridge opens.
Just done a quick map recce and Beja looks closer than Sevilla but not quite as close as Faro. The much improved road from Castro Marim via Mertola should make it quick perhaps 1-1.25 hrs.

Now if only Michael would open a route Luton to Beja that would be good!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

OK, I know the same question (restaurants) has been posed many times before and I have taken note of some of the responses, but here goes anyway. Coming over on Thursday for a few days golf with three friends. We plan to go to O Infante one night, Jags for a ruby another. Now I am looking for three more suggestions where we will find good food and some life. I guess that probably rules out Isla Canela as I gather it can be pretty dead this time of year. looking for one fish resto and a good tapas bar.
What's dinner like at the golf club and is there any atmosphere?
As mentioned, sorry to ask the same question but it seems that the quality can change from time to time, so looking for recent experience.
Thanks all.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AndyS
OK, I know the same question (restaurants) has been posed many times before and I have taken note of some of the responses, but here goes anyway. Coming over on Thursday for a few days golf with three friends. We plan to go to O Infante one night, Jags for a ruby another. Now I am looking for three more suggestions where we will find good food and some life. I guess that probably rules out Isla Canela as I gather it can be pretty dead this time of year. looking for one fish resto and a good tapas bar.
What's dinner like at the golf club and is there any atmosphere?
As mentioned, sorry to ask the same question but it seems that the quality can change from time to time, so looking for recent experience.
Thanks all.
Hi Andy
You could try La Bodeguita it is directly opposite La Lotita's.
We usually go there when we dine in town & not had a bad meal yet

Isla Canela was still dead last week , but if you do venture that far try the new restaurant under Marina 111 it's called Minutero the house red is not bad @ 9 euros a bottle
Regards

Chris
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Andy
You could try La Bodeguita it is directly opposite La Lotita's.
We usually go there when we dine in town & not had a bad meal yet

Isla Canela was still dead last week , but if you do venture that far try the new restaurant under Marina 111 it's called Minutero the house red is not bad @ 9 euros a bottle
Regards

Chris
For me the 2 best tapas in town are Casa Vincente (Next to Santander - Probably a bit cold this time of year) or Quitapenna (not sure on spelling) opposite the El Choco. Or try Luis's place over the river!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

For me the 2 best tapas in town are Casa Vincente (Next to Santander - Probably a bit cold this time of year) or Quitapenna (not sure on spelling) opposite the El Choco. Or try Luis's place over the river!
Would second recommendation for Casa Vincente, also look on the corner opp Church...(up the hill from Mateos), where we have had excellent Tapas on a couple of occasions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.