Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:47 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Dave,

There are so many variables that you need answers to before you decide on your best course. Do you have and have you seen a bank guarantee thats your fallback position. If you don't and you still want to build the house you may able to complete and put yourself in a similar position to me, viable plot no electricity. It will arrive someday but until then there will be no Fadesa provided generator and diesel so the design might have to be modified to use re-newables. Who knows you may be able to buy the plot cheaper from the administrator but you might also loose the deposit and just be a creditor well down the list.

You have my absolute sympathy but we are all in this together to a greater or lessor extent and we should share real "hard" info so that we are as smart as the people who will take over the running of the company.

Regards, :curse:

John.
I dont see why you are all panicing.the lecci will be on and proberly the banks will take over the admin of MF.I have seen this before maney years ago the firm went bust and the bank took over and nothing changed exept the banks controled there investments.I do hope this will be the case for you.dont forget you arnt talking a few hundred grand.you are talking near a few hundred million so I cant see any one writing that amount off
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave,

There are so many variables that you need answers to before you decide on your best course. Do you have and have you seen a bank guarantee thats your fallback position. If you don't and you still want to build the house you may able to complete and put yourself in a similar position to me, viable plot no electricity. It will arrive someday but until then there will be no Fadesa provided generator and diesel so the design might have to be modified to use re-newables. Who knows you may be able to buy the plot cheaper from the administrator but you might also loose the deposit and just be a creditor well down the list.

You have my absolute sympathy but we are all in this together to a greater or lessor extent and we should share real "hard" info so that we are as smart as the people who will take over the running of the company.

Regards, :curse:

John.
Going....going....not quite gonehttp://in.reuters.com/article/rbssFi...48990720080714
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:04 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher

If a company owes so much money - and €5.1bn is quite a bit - surely going into administration is a logical step. Interest payments alone are crippling.

MF has assets worth in excess of what they owe. You will all be absolutely fine.

The real victims will be the staff (and the banks who will undoubtedly not get everything back)
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by betris
I dont see why you are all panicing.the lecci will be on and proberly the banks will take over the admin of MF.I have seen this before maney years ago the firm went bust and the bank took over and nothing changed exept the banks controled there investments.I do hope this will be the case for you.dont forget you arnt talking a few hundred grand.you are talking near a few hundred million so I cant see any one writing that amount off
The panic is because of the unknowns!

In a perfect world every buyer would have in their file a Bank Guarantee and the deposit money would have been paid into an escrow account only to be expended against the costs of their particular house. I never saw any of this! In their statement Fades do not mention the poor bloody punter no he is just lumped in with the "creditors" probably at the bottom of the list.

"Filing for voluntary administration is the best way to avoid aggravating a crisis situation that could become irreversible and have serious repercussions on creditors and all shareholders' interests," the company said in a regulatory filing.

The company added in a statement that it would focus on selling assets to repay creditors, which include Caja Madrid, La Caixa, Ahorro Corporacion and Morgan Stanley.

"The company, along its administrators, will from now on focus in revenue-generating -- through the sale of assets and land management -- and restructuring the company so the project can be revived."

Now will the company focus on selling completed assets to those who have already paid 50% or will it ditch them and go for a new customer to bring in extra monies. Any way this statement probably does not refer to the individual houses but whole projects or parts of its land bank.

With new owners who knows what the plan will be, it may be better dealing with the devil we know than the unknown that we don't.

This scale of things has not been seen in Spain before it is a €5000 million disaster coming on top of the worlds most rapidly developing credit crunch and the price of oil spiralling ever upwards.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jul 14th 2008 at 7:17 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Did you have a bank guarantee with the builder?
No we didnt as we hadnt instructed a builder. We have been waiting for over 2 years for electricity.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dantill
No we didnt as we hadnt instructed a builder. We have been waiting for over 2 years for electricity.
Not sure those of us with apartments have a bank guarantee either! Tried phoning Moron Pendas this morning and the line appears to be dead. Anyone locally know what is happening?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:07 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Not sure those of us with apartments have a bank guarantee either! Tried phoning Moron Pendas this morning and the line appears to be dead. Anyone locally know what is happening?
Not dead - incredibly busy with panickers
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

WARSAW, July 15 (Reuters) - Polish builder Polnord PNOR.WA may buy out ailing Spanish property group Martinsa Fadesa (MFAD.MC: Quote, Profile, Research) from a Polish venture, estimating the value of its 51 percent stake at up to $112.8 million, a newspaper reported on Tuesday.

Trade in Martinsa stock was suspended on Monday at a historic low after the group said it would file for administration after failing to raise funds and meet debt payments, adding it would sell assets to repay creditors.

"The company (Polnord) has big money resources; of course there is no possibility of a share issue for such a cause," Chief Executive Wojciech Ciuzynski told the Parkiet daily.

"Let me stress once more, we are very interested in buying out the stake from the Spanish partner."

Polnord holds the remaining 49-percent stake in the construction joint venture. (Reporting by Adrian Krajewski; Editing by Louise Ireland)

FURTHER NEWS - relates to joint venture only
Polnord prepares to buy out of troubled Fadesa15th July 2008
Property developer Polnord is waiting for an offer from its troubled Spanish partner Fadesa for the purchase of a 51 percent stake in Polish constructing residential projects in Warsaw

Property developer Polnord is waiting for an offer from its troubled Spanish partner Fadesa for the purchase of a 51 percent stake in the Polish joint-venture constructing residential projects in Warsaw. "Fadesa's problems will not influence Polnord," said Wojciech Ciurzyński, president of the Polish developer, which holds 49 percent of shares in the venture.

Fadesa has euro 4 billion of debts and on Friday it was refused a euro 150 million loan, while the Spanish press speculates that it might soon commence bankruptcy proceedings and thus might start disposing of its assets.

The partnership agreement gives Polnord the pre-emptive right to purchase Fadesa's stake. "If Fadesa decides to dispose of its stake we will be interested in buying it," said Ciurzyński. He went on to say that his company would not have problems with raising necessary funds to carry out the purchase and estimates that the Polnord-Fadesa venture is worth zł.200-250 million.

Last edited by Brizey; Jul 14th 2008 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I have just heard that the situation in Spain is somewhat different from UK.

When the administrator is appointed he will advertise the fact in the newspapers and ask all those who have put down their deposits to complete within 28 days. For most of those people the only outstanding items will be LFO's and mains electricity supplies.

On the first item it would appear that the Ayuntamiento are prepared to issue "provisional" LFO's since they are happy that the plot/house is complete and that the electricity supply is definitely in the hands of Endesa and that Fadesa are no longer involved and are not the cause of the hold up. I don't know but if Spain is similar to UK as the monopoly supplier Endesa may have a statutory duty to supply electricity and it is just a case of when.

In the whole of this bog-up Endesa have a lot to answer for if you think that there are thousands of plots and houses where completion has not taken place because the leccy was not there hence no LFO.

If the average outstanding balance was only €50,000 and there are say 2000 units (1000/plots and 1000/houses/apartments) then that would have been €100 million towards the €150 million shortfall that has caused this disaster. It seems to me Fadesa could not organise a p**s up in a brewery if they could not have worked out that electricity was the critical path and driven Endesa hard from day one to make sure supply kept up with their completion schedule.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:00 pm

And so it begins.....

The builders and snagging lads have now been laid off and the after sales are just waiting to be told what is happening to them.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Yes we have been trying since Friday and not successful. A statement via email would have been reassuring.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:06 pm

Yes we have been trying since Friday and not successful. A statement via email would have been reassuring.
Just spoke to them - they are absolutely mobbed with panickers.

The basic gist of things is there's really nothing to be worried about. You will have electric, you will not lose your money - in fact things will carry on as normal and you probably won't even notice the difference.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Dantill,

Just so you know all development in Spain has by Law to be covered by Bank Guarantees and all private contract payments should be made into an escrow account.

We were told by our solicitor that a BG would be put on our plot within 3 months of signing the PC but of course I did not know the Law or the importance of that. I never saw it nor do I know if it existed. That time is now passed for me but I still wait for Endesa to get their digits out.

You are better placed than me there are lots of villas being developed on your road and it would seem financial sense for Endesa to make you all live just for the income they would get.

Me I am lone and solitary not even close enough to have an overhead supply like the bloke on the corner took from the mess tent. I am at the mercy of Endesa.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

I have just heard that the situation in Spain is somewhat different from UK.

When the administrator is appointed he will advertise the fact in the newspapers and ask all those who have put down their deposits to complete within 28 days. For most of those people the only outstanding items will be LFO's and mains electricity supplies.

On the first item it would appear that the Ayuntamiento are prepared to issue "provisional" LFO's since they are happy that the plot/house is complete and that the electricity supply is definitely in the hands of Endesa and that Fadesa are no longer involved and are not the cause of the hold up. I don't know but if Spain is similar to UK as the monopoly supplier Endesa may have a statutory duty to supply electricity and it is just a case of when.

In the whole of this bog-up Endesa have a lot to answer for if you think that there are thousands of plots and houses where completion has not taken place because the leccy was not there hence no LFO.

If the average outstanding balance was only €50,000 and there are say 2000 units (1000/plots and 1000/houses/apartments) then that would have been €100 million towards the €150 million shortfall that has caused this disaster. It seems to me Fadesa could not organise a p**s up in a brewery if they could not have worked out that electricity was the critical path and driven Endesa hard from day one to make sure supply kept up with their completion schedule.
Agreed - I think we mentioned this fact many moons ago. Bad management - and water under the bridge. Now its down to salavaging what we can.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...eal-Estate.php
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:58 pm

I have spoken to a contact in Fadesa in Madrid and here's a summary:

When it became clear that the government were not going to step in and help (a la Northern Rock; FreddieMac etc...) they took the business decision to go into VOLUNTARY administration.

The Centro Comercial is full steam ahead - deposits paid are not even held by Fadesa, they are held by the Junta.

Properties yet to complete - ACCORDING TO THIS CONTACT, AND MAYBE NOT THE OFFICIAL LINE (because that is not their department) - will not lose their deposits at all. Esuri is an asset and they do not want it devalued in any way hence it will be completed. Should point out as well that as far as I'm aware, Fadesa have completed pretty much what they had to. There are sections which were sold en bloc to other developers - and that, for me, would be a worry, because if said developer were to go under, I doubt they would have the resources to salvage the situation.

In short, according to the contact, the suspension de pagos voluntario is a way to restructure without the crippling debt dragging them down.

BTW spare a thought for this contact as they do not know whether they have a job to come back to tomorrow.

Last edited by Fortaleza; Jul 14th 2008 at 10:03 pm. Reason: Afterthought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.