COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by GerryW
It seems to be a cross between Administration (UK) and chapter 11 (USA) - both of which protect the company from creditors while they trade the company out of the financial mess. Tradng while insolvent is a criminal offence - trading under protection is not (UK).

Spain is different - but the company still exists, and it can trade its way out by honouring its committments. Talk of creditors - pence in the £ as in a bankruptcy are incorrect - at least at this stage. I expect someone to come knocking soon for the final payment on the plot in order to complete. However, it looks like when we complete we will have to sit on it for a while (understatement). Lose your initial deposit money - or pay £55K balance for a front line plot on a golf course...hmmm...easy decision in my book. Cash is king at the moment - and they want cash!
My reporter was at the Golf club meeting about the commercial centre. This is his report.

Yeah they failed to get the additional 150m credit, which is why they are now filing for the equivelant of bankruptcy with the Administrators.

They have 10bn in assets though compared to a 5.5bn debt, so I'm guessing the 42 banks will take control, and the people that are half way through
completing will just have to wait a bit longer than they had hoped.

The meeting at the golf club was full of real Spanish businessmen, and all in Spanish Commercial Center was to be opening next spring, although
they couldnt say whether april / may / june. This is going to be delayed now, as I suspect the Administrator will cease any further building on the site
for the forseeable future until a solution is found.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:58 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fadesas assets will be found to be somewhat overvalued!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I think Fadesas assets will be found to be somewhat overvalued!
They have already dropped in value since christmas by €3 billion!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

jacqandy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by John & Kath
They have already dropped in value since christmas by €3 billion!
i have been told today that fadesa have 80 projects going on in spain and are going to drop 30 of them and work with the others.There are going to be three administrators due to the size of the company but that could take time to get them in place.I was also told that until that happens it is business as usual even though there isnt any.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jacqandy
i have been told today that fadesa have 80 projects going on in spain and are going to drop 30 of them and work with the others.There are going to be three administrators due to the size of the company but that could take time to get them in place.I was also told that until that happens it is business as usual even though there isnt any.
My guess (I admit to working in receivership & liquidations - and then administration when it came in - about 20 years ago!)

1. Anything they have not started will be canned.
2. Plots - only need final cash balance to complete - therefore high priority.
3. Anything in the process of completion with an order - will get completed.
4. Anything partially completed - with no order - assessed for priority.
4. Anything completed they have received money for - back of the queue (no snagging :-( etc

Hmmmm..
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

adec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tednsharon
I was referring to the small commercial centre up the hill - but any photos of anything are always good to see!

Sharon
Well even though the conversation has changed over the last few days, I still had some photos taken from Sunday..

I don't think the commercial center at the top of the hill has got any further forward. There was a gentleman in there struggling with flat pack shelves.. but couldn't tell what kind of shop it would be.. the rest of the center was still all bricked up.. sorry for the quality, only had my mobile with me
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-commercial1.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-commercial2.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

adec is an unknown quantity at this point

The main commercial center wasn't much further forward either, although first time I have seen it in 'orange'.. quite like it actually!

The proposed opening in 'spring next year' maybe be put back a bit I guess, as there still seems to be quite a lot of work to do on it. 3rd photo shows the interior color schemes I'm guessing.. or someone was being artistic...
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-commercial4.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-commercial5.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-commercial3.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

2. Plots - only need final cash balance to complete - therefore high priority.
Hmmmm..
But is any body going to complete without an electricity supply and for months now they have been saying not me mate Endesa are responsible. I think they shot themselves in the foot by abrogating their responsibilty to hand over the plots as advertised with all utilities at the back of footpath ready to go.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

But is any body going to complete without an electricity supply and for months now they have been saying not me mate Endesa are responsible. I think they shot themselves in the foot by abrogating their responsibilty to hand over the plots as advertised with all utilities at the back of footpath ready to go.
Good question. Paula contacted us and said electricity was now connected to our plot. If I were the administrator I mght well be doing a deal to get the electricity connected to all plots that are awaiting completion - the cash inflow from a deal is significant. Can people afford not to complete?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good question. Paula contacted us and said electricity was now connected to our plot. If I were the administrator I mght well be doing a deal to get the electricity connected to all plots that are awaiting completion - the cash inflow from a deal is significant. Can people afford not to complete?
Thats the best news I have heard all week it means that it is that bit cloer to me. I think the world has changed since Fadesa first said that plots were avaiable to complete. If they truly had been some would have completed some could have been forced under the terms of the contract and a rump would have hung out on affordability gounds. Now many more will be in the latter position and will cling to anything to keep their deposit intact and their options open.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

We were told about a month ago that our Rago 1 was going to be connected by the end of the month and that was a big porkie wasn't it? Wanted us to complete there and then. We have had no honesty in the two and half years we have been waiting for our apartment. We were promised changes to the environment/car parking etc last year - what chance now?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=CAROL ELIZABETH;6574647]We were told about a month ago that our Rago 1 was going to be connected by the end of the month and that was a big porkie wasn't it? Wanted us to complete there and then. We have had no honesty in the two and half years we have been waiting for our apartment. We were promised changes to the environment/car parking etc last year - what chance now?[/QUOTE

Personally speaking - I am only interested in one thing - protecting the assets that I have invested in CE (aka the deposit) and protecting the future position of that asset.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Thats the best news I have heard all week it means that it is that bit cloer to me. I think the world has changed since Fadesa first said that plots were avaiable to complete. If they truly had been some would have completed some could have been forced under the terms of the contract and a rump would have hung out on affordability gounds. Now many more will be in the latter position and will cling to anything to keep their deposit intact and their options open.
I have sent a letter to my solicitor tonight to clarify the legal position surrounding deposits etc Its time to be pragmatic and base decisions on fact. I will let you know when I get a response.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:14 am
Just Joined

mickkkt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Why offensive ?
Obviously you have not tried to fix anything to a wall or ceiling in Spain, or are you a bricklayer that builds 20 cmtr walls 2.5 mtrs high and hopes no one will lean on it too hard and make a quick exit to the next room.
Commenting on the poor workmanship of an individual or a company, fair enough, generalisation of a country and it’s people, I personally find offensive. Of course we are all entitled to an opinion, isn't that what this forum is about.....
By the way, yes, I have 'fixed' numerous items to wall and ceilings in Spain, the uk, and several other countries for that matter, but I did not realise my career history was the issue here.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:37 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Why offensive ?
Obviously you have not tried to fix anything to a wall or ceiling in Spain, or are you a bricklayer that builds 20 cmtr walls 2.5 mtrs high and hopes no one will lean on it too hard and make a quick exit to the next room.
There is no problem what so ever fixing anything to anything you just need to know what your doing and use the correct fittings.
Comming fom liverpool I have plenty of experiance of this as you have to secure every thing from supergluing the front door mat to welding your wheel nuts on.

Last edited by betris; Jul 15th 2008 at 10:39 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.