Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

can i ask your opinion.....

can i ask your opinion.....

Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can i ask your opinion.....

When I got married, I didn't like to do a wedding list or ask for anything. Even though it is tradition, I felt uncomfortable, so I let the guest decide what they wanted to do. The main thing was to have people around to celebrate the day. But when I went to an Italian wedding, some did give her money and it was very much how close they were to the couple. I personally like to give a couple something very personal, otherwise people forget what someone has given them and there is no real reminder. At the end of the day, people should be grateful that they get anything, regardless whether it is money or gift or how much it costs. I think people are more generous when expectations aren't put on them rather than feeling they have to keep up with everyone else. The best wedding present was a handmade plant pot, not expensive, but the thought that went into it ,meant more to me than if I had received an expensive item.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:23 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

"I think people are more generous when expectations aren't put on them"

You know, I think that is a remarkably astute observation.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Christine.J
Hi featherbum
Yes it makes very interesting reading. I don't normally get very involed in things on these sites (I'm more of a quiet lurker) well until now . I was just really shocked at how quick they were to pounce on you. They must have very sad little lives, don't let it worry you.
just out of interest what have you asked for for your wedding? (I hope you have asked for euros)
Christine
yeah i try to keep out of it too but it made my blood boil so much i just couldnt help myself!!!!
I wasnt even enquiring because of my own wedding, but because i was attending one, but i just ended up taking it personally!

We asked for contributions towards our honeymoon, dont mind what currency lol, or how much either!!
According to those maniacs i want to make a profit!! and thats the only reason i am getting married