Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:40 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!

DID YOU FEEL THAT????????????

Did anybody just feel that (what I hope is) tremor. Walls, desk, computer etc wobbling away like mad!!!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:41 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by sam parky
Trying to get hold of Jaime is like trying to platt fog!!!!! He is supposed to work at the shed 2 days a week which are Thursday and Friday, the rest of the week he works in Seville.I went in to see him on Friday and guess what? Yep he wasnt there!!!! He was in Seville.

Sam
Hiya Sam

I have spoken to Jose who assured me (Hah !! ) that Jaime would call back. (pink pigs flying over the new commercial centre then ?) He said not to try to contact Paula anymore regarding snagging queries as this is now the responsibility of the After Sales Service Dept who work alongside the Technical Dept. Is Jaime the only one in this newly formed dept ?

I would also be happy to have Jaime's email if anybody has got it please.

I think in the meantime I will post a recorded delivery letter............so that can be ignored as well. Hey ho I have only been asking the same questions since Nov 14th 06....no time at all in Fadesa's concept of time.

Ooooh I can feel I am sounding bitter. Keep smiling !!

Regards

Mel
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:42 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

Did anybody just feel that (what I hope is) tremor. Walls, desk, computer etc wobbling away like mad!!!!!!
Yes I felt it!!!! Wondered what the hell it was but put it down to builders wagons.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Bamba9 is an unknown quantity at this point

It certainly was, I thought it must have been the Scottish front row coming back!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:49 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bamba9
It certainly was, I thought it must have been the Scottish front row coming back!!!!

Trying to get info on strength etc. Been a while since we had a strong one. Let's hope Esuri's still standing!!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fortaleza,

No! I did not feel a thing.

Regards,

John.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:52 pm

OK - Canal Sur reports that although info is sketchy they presume the epicentre (if that's what you call it) was off Cabo San Vicente (presumably becasue that's where it often is) and it was at least 6 degrees on the Richter scale.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:55 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Trying to get info on strength etc. Been a while since we had a strong one. Let's hope Esuri's still standing!!
Esuri is still standing. I was sat on the floor in the lounge with my dog (he is ill yet again) nothing moved but it was the strange rumbling noises that got me. I went to the window but couldnt see anything and when I came to the computer I saw your post and knew straight away what it was. But I have just been down to the lads who are working outside and they didnt feel a thing and knew nothing about it. Strange???

Sam
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes about 12 months ago around April epicenter was just east of Villa Blanca about 4.5 on the Richter scale slight damage in both Portugal and West of Spain.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK - Canal Sur reports that although info is sketchy they presume the epicentre (if that's what you call it) was off Cabo San Vicente (presumably becasue that's where it often is) and it was at least 6 degrees on the Richter scale.
The earthquake monitoring centers can pinpoint very quickly where the epicenter was and give a strength reading. If it is out at sea they also give a depth at which it took place.

The distance and depth mitigate the effect on land but you have to seek high ground to aviod the tsunami don't forget what happened in 1785 (?).
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:07 pm

Esuri is still standing. I was sat on the floor in the lounge with my dog (he is ill yet again) nothing moved but it was the strange rumbling noises that got me. I went to the window but couldnt see anything and when I came to the computer I saw your post and knew straight away what it was. But I have just been down to the lads who are working outside and they didnt feel a thing and knew nothing about it. Strange???

Sam
I possibly felt it more being on the second floor. But first of all the monitor started moving as if there was a draft coming in (desk by door to balcony) and the wind's been a bit blowy. Next thing I know the monitor is moving far too much for it to be a draft then the whole blooming room shook - walls and all. Bit of a nervy 20 seconds or so but back to normality. No more news on Canal Sur.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

sconlon is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the window but couldnt see anything and when I came to the computer I saw your post and knew straight away what it was.
Sam
Sorry to interrupt this earthquake discussion with a totally unconnected question but Sam's mention of going to the computer and seeing a post reminded me to ask about Internet connections for CE. Is DSL available? How much does it cost and is it reliable? (My house is in Manzana 2.)

Thanks,
Seamus
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:30 pm

This from La Primera teletext with a little extra help from Canal Sur:

"The National Geographic Institute has registered an earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter Scale with the epicentre just to the southeast of Cabo San Vicente [for those unfamiliar with the area that's the west exteme of the Algarve] which felt like scale 4 in Huelva, Seville, Cadiz and even some high buildings in Madrid.

Hundreds of workers evacuated buildings in Seville.

According to witnesses, the earthquake made lamps and chairs move for 5 seconds then after a brief pause for a further 20 seconds. Experts say you have to go back more than 10 years to remember a quake of this scale in Andalucia."

Last edited by Fortaleza; Feb 11th 2007 at 10:34 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Joao Reynolds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Do you know for how long are these prices are intended to remain, and how long before the second course is up and running?

Regards

Jules
Hi! This prices are from 16/12/2006 to 28/2/2007
Soon i will post the new prices.
Regarding the second course not sure yet.
Regards
JR
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sconlon
Sorry to interrupt this earthquake discussion with a totally unconnected question but Sam's mention of going to the computer and seeing a post reminded me to ask about Internet connections for CE. Is DSL available? How much does it cost and is it reliable? (My house is in Manzana 2.)

Thanks,
Seamus
Hi Sconlon,

You can search this thread for ADSL/broadband and you will find there have been lots of discussions of the various methods of getting broadband at CE.

At the outset I asked Fadesa if "Cable" would be available at CE and was told very firmly NO so no DSL.

Telefoica have just made ADSL available to the houses on RVA 4 as reported by Sam.

There are other methods of getting broadband in the Campo and they have all ben used on CE with varying degrees of success.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 11th 2007 at 11:14 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.