Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:09 pm
  #46  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
so what does that mean about the Resale market then? I can't understand why the resalers aren't dropping their prices to a more realistic level. I would happily buy a resale but off-plan was so much cheaper, so its a no-brainer.
Maybe they are too greedy or can`t afford to as they would not cover their loses ?
jdr is offline  
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:49 am
  #47  
Livin' in Spain at last!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: La Hortichuela Almeria
Posts: 862
chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Thanks Chris
My pleasure!
chrisw is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:44 am
  #48  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 19
Barnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Hi Helen, and anyone who is reading this. No it was just an injection in my bum to stop the pain in my back.

We downsized and bought a modern dolls house as I call it and invested some cash and had some money over so was looking at the tele one night and thought, yes, I'd like a place in the sun, although I hadn't up until that time seen the program. This is 2003/4. So we made a video, filled in our wish list, sent it off and then had an interview. Farrah who interviewed us set the video going, I didn't know, and can't remember what we said at the time to camera. She said that there probably wouldn't be a prog on the area we wanted because they'd already been one, full one, so she said that they may just touch on the area but go a bit further afield - too blooming true they did - too filipping far for a towny.

There was many a day when I wanted to back out - I was so scared - they paid for our flights (BA) and lovely hotel and food for the week. However, we were up every day except Sunday 7am and some days weren't back until 10 - a long day. The gofer got us sandwiches for during the day and drinks, more or less what was available and there were some strapping lads that needed feeding.

The beginning of the prog is filmed almost last, depending on the light etc. and it was bitterly cold this time of year 2003. The walk ups and walk aways could be filmed in completely different areas to the property and I have yet to remember where some of them are although I have only seen the film twice its so cringe making. You have to think all the time ITS ONLY A PROGRAM because if you are stuck for words, they tell you what to say and sometimes you are stuck for words. In my opinion, the houses we saw were pretty crap (sorry but they were) £75,000 we wanted to spend, and that left us £10,000 in the bank in GDP and a working capital of £3,000 for bills. We wanted a two bedroomed character place and somewhere we could walk (however, with my bad back, the only walking I've done is round Carrefour).

The first property was in a village at the back of beyond, a nice area but not for me, a little man kept on popping his head round the end of the block to see what we were doing and the camera kept on rolling, it was funny. The property belonged to some English people who had run out of money converting it and the sitting area was opened up to 3 floors with a scarey staircase with nowhere to hold onto except by the wall where they had fitted a copper pipe (honest). On the roof terrace, I remember saying wow, but it was the views and not the dog on the next terrace, tethered up, barking, and dog mess all over the place.

The second property again wa sin the middle of nowhere, 5 flights of steps lead to each floor and these were outside, not inside and as we filmed on a Saturday it didn't reveal that there was a quarry up the hill!!! You could have done something with it, in fact the Estate Agent bought it, did it up and it went back on the market - sometime Estate Agents do in our part of Spain!!

The third was half a townhouse in the town where we wanted to be - unfortunately over the past 7 years the English had taken over the the old part of the town, renovated the area, in some cases, made a right mess and were then selling at a huge profit. This particular one was under a church and although quite spacious, the bells would have been a problem. Also opposite there was an roof terrace with fighting cocks there. Its well known in that part of town. Anyone guess where this is yet?

The 4th one was the ground floor of another town house where we could see potential and this in fact is the one we bought - www.valenciaholiday.co.uk although we have done a lot to it since we bought it. It belong to a retired Army Major (female who was 84 on the day we filmed) and she died about 2 weeks after we paid our deposit. It was a bit sad really because she basically didn't get on with her family.

The 5th and 6th was in the Turia Valley, both of these were in the back of beyond and the researcher got a real telling off for both properties for being very similar, the Producer turning up half way through filming. The 5th had hunting dogs barking and wouldn't shut up and the 6th was a house of mystics but I thought there may be another name for them. The crew were quite uneasy whilst they tidied up to film.

Yes, we are quite happy, we have met some really good builders who have helped us and some really crap ones. The crap ones came in the guise of Spanish and the English were marvelous. We've tanked the internal walls because they were damp, mainly because its in the Moorish part of town and probably because we don't use it very often - we thought we'd let it to keep it "lived in". A new kitchen has been intalled and we've made some really good friends in the little town - which by the way is Spanish although there are some English people living here. Its not big enough to retire to however, so in a couple of years will probably sell on and perhaps our English builders will help us convert one of the many properties in the area which are derelict or in need of modernisation.

I think the crew were real troupers, our presenter in her dress that was no bigger than a hanky and we both were freezing on some days. We were told to have two changes of clothes EXACTLY the same so good old Asda came to the rescue, and we were checked over (despite wanting to have a laugh about hair clips, jewellery etc) every morning. One particular program (I won't mention which one) apparently they only took 1 change of clothing and the closing scene she was dressed in a coat, and the presenter was again in a hanky dress and her husband demanded a hairdresser. I couldn't wait to see the prog on the tele and when I did. I fell about laughing, he was bald.

They certainly work tremendously hard. There are 4 teams (or were) at Freeform working on different projects. Each with a researcher, producer, director etc. etc. The director and the gofer go out two weeks before filming and look at properties that the researcher suggests (the one we bought I'd already researched and it was funny that the Estate Agent and I recognised each other's names when introduced, as we'd been writing to each other 4 6 weeks previously. All the properties we saw after filming all needed something drastic doing to them and we didn't have the time and inclination to bother, although my attitude has changed since then. And talk about time wasting. You'd meet an estate agent in a cafe/bar (something you are warned not to do) and then they'd take you miles away (in our case there were 2 estate agents in one car both offering the same property). And being a towny we didn't want to go - as I say - back of beyond - 10 minutes to the beach is enough for me. There is a lot I could say about the Estate Agents but fear of being sued I won't - but there are lots of scams about and you have to be careful. Also finding a Solicitor, we did whatyou are told not to do, go to a Solicitor recommended by the Estate Agents, luckily we got a good en and in fact a lot of English people have the same one. Banks - our bank clerk speaks perfect English and if we get stuck on the internet, she tells us just to fax something over after a phone call and its done. The only hiccup we had was that the Solicitor hadn't set up a DD for rubbish and we found that we owed 150€ !!! I think he must have 4gotten.

So thats it, yes, I think I'd probably enjoy it a second time round as I would know what was required of us - we were always nervous of intruding on the crew too as they would discuss their day in front of us, so they never had a chance of saying how stupid we were.

The prices have since gone sky high and unless you drop your price in our area, you don't sell unless you are at the bottom of the market. We are lucky in so far as we are the bottom apartment and the top is owned by a Spanish lady who only comes once a year so there is never any noise and our neighbours are very sweet.

Thats it really but I am sceptic of all programs now, especially the one in Slovakia, and the man in France with his Indian friend opening a bar, I really do think that was a put up job.



We did stay another week to see properties but went back to Rosemary's Baby every time because it was handy for the beach, easy to run, and unusual for a townhouse had what is now a lovely tiled garden area.
Barnie is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:02 am
  #49  
Forum Regular
 
mrs teapot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 139
mrs teapot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Very interesting read Barnie! You sound happy where you are now.

Yes, the French/Indian one was all a bit too much to believe. I could not believe the relationship between the local girl and the man was for real including her dumping him etc.
mrs teapot is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:43 am
  #50  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
helenp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Billinge Wigan
Posts: 238
helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by Barnie
Hi Helen, and anyone who is reading this. No it was just an injection in my bum to stop the pain in my back.

We downsized and bought a modern dolls house as I call it and invested some cash and had some money over so was looking at the tele one night and thought, yes, I'd like a place in the sun, although I hadn't up until that time seen the program. This is 2003/4. So we made a video, filled in our wish list, sent it off and then had an interview. Farrah who interviewed us set the video going, I didn't know, and can't remember what we said at the time to camera. She said that there probably wouldn't be a prog on the area we wanted because they'd already been one, full one, so she said that they may just touch on the area but go a bit further afield - too blooming true they did - too filipping far for a towny.

There was many a day when I wanted to back out - I was so scared - they paid for our flights (BA) and lovely hotel and food for the week. However, we were up every day except Sunday 7am and some days weren't back until 10 - a long day. The gofer got us sandwiches for during the day and drinks, more or less what was available and there were some strapping lads that needed feeding.

The beginning of the prog is filmed almost last, depending on the light etc. and it was bitterly cold this time of year 2003. The walk ups and walk aways could be filmed in completely different areas to the property and I have yet to remember where some of them are although I have only seen the film twice its so cringe making. You have to think all the time ITS ONLY A PROGRAM because if you are stuck for words, they tell you what to say and sometimes you are stuck for words. In my opinion, the houses we saw were pretty crap (sorry but they were) £75,000 we wanted to spend, and that left us £10,000 in the bank in GDP and a working capital of £3,000 for bills. We wanted a two bedroomed character place and somewhere we could walk (however, with my bad back, the only walking I've done is round Carrefour).

The first property was in a village at the back of beyond, a nice area but not for me, a little man kept on popping his head round the end of the block to see what we were doing and the camera kept on rolling, it was funny. The property belonged to some English people who had run out of money converting it and the sitting area was opened up to 3 floors with a scarey staircase with nowhere to hold onto except by the wall where they had fitted a copper pipe (honest). On the roof terrace, I remember saying wow, but it was the views and not the dog on the next terrace, tethered up, barking, and dog mess all over the place.

The second property again wa sin the middle of nowhere, 5 flights of steps lead to each floor and these were outside, not inside and as we filmed on a Saturday it didn't reveal that there was a quarry up the hill!!! You could have done something with it, in fact the Estate Agent bought it, did it up and it went back on the market - sometime Estate Agents do in our part of Spain!!

The third was half a townhouse in the town where we wanted to be - unfortunately over the past 7 years the English had taken over the the old part of the town, renovated the area, in some cases, made a right mess and were then selling at a huge profit. This particular one was under a church and although quite spacious, the bells would have been a problem. Also opposite there was an roof terrace with fighting cocks there. Its well known in that part of town. Anyone guess where this is yet?

The 4th one was the ground floor of another town house where we could see potential and this in fact is the one we bought - www.valenciaholiday.co.uk although we have done a lot to it since we bought it. It belong to a retired Army Major (female who was 84 on the day we filmed) and she died about 2 weeks after we paid our deposit. It was a bit sad really because she basically didn't get on with her family.

The 5th and 6th was in the Turia Valley, both of these were in the back of beyond and the researcher got a real telling off for both properties for being very similar, the Producer turning up half way through filming. The 5th had hunting dogs barking and wouldn't shut up and the 6th was a house of mystics but I thought there may be another name for them. The crew were quite uneasy whilst they tidied up to film.

Yes, we are quite happy, we have met some really good builders who have helped us and some really crap ones. The crap ones came in the guise of Spanish and the English were marvelous. We've tanked the internal walls because they were damp, mainly because its in the Moorish part of town and probably because we don't use it very often - we thought we'd let it to keep it "lived in". A new kitchen has been intalled and we've made some really good friends in the little town - which by the way is Spanish although there are some English people living here. Its not big enough to retire to however, so in a couple of years will probably sell on and perhaps our English builders will help us convert one of the many properties in the area which are derelict or in need of modernisation.

I think the crew were real troupers, our presenter in her dress that was no bigger than a hanky and we both were freezing on some days. We were told to have two changes of clothes EXACTLY the same so good old Asda came to the rescue, and we were checked over (despite wanting to have a laugh about hair clips, jewellery etc) every morning. One particular program (I won't mention which one) apparently they only took 1 change of clothing and the closing scene she was dressed in a coat, and the presenter was again in a hanky dress and her husband demanded a hairdresser. I couldn't wait to see the prog on the tele and when I did. I fell about laughing, he was bald.

They certainly work tremendously hard. There are 4 teams (or were) at Freeform working on different projects. Each with a researcher, producer, director etc. etc. The director and the gofer go out two weeks before filming and look at properties that the researcher suggests (the one we bought I'd already researched and it was funny that the Estate Agent and I recognised each other's names when introduced, as we'd been writing to each other 4 6 weeks previously. All the properties we saw after filming all needed something drastic doing to them and we didn't have the time and inclination to bother, although my attitude has changed since then. And talk about time wasting. You'd meet an estate agent in a cafe/bar (something you are warned not to do) and then they'd take you miles away (in our case there were 2 estate agents in one car both offering the same property). And being a towny we didn't want to go - as I say - back of beyond - 10 minutes to the beach is enough for me. There is a lot I could say about the Estate Agents but fear of being sued I won't - but there are lots of scams about and you have to be careful. Also finding a Solicitor, we did whatyou are told not to do, go to a Solicitor recommended by the Estate Agents, luckily we got a good en and in fact a lot of English people have the same one. Banks - our bank clerk speaks perfect English and if we get stuck on the internet, she tells us just to fax something over after a phone call and its done. The only hiccup we had was that the Solicitor hadn't set up a DD for rubbish and we found that we owed 150€ !!! I think he must have 4gotten.

So thats it, yes, I think I'd probably enjoy it a second time round as I would know what was required of us - we were always nervous of intruding on the crew too as they would discuss their day in front of us, so they never had a chance of saying how stupid we were.

The prices have since gone sky high and unless you drop your price in our area, you don't sell unless you are at the bottom of the market. We are lucky in so far as we are the bottom apartment and the top is owned by a Spanish lady who only comes once a year so there is never any noise and our neighbours are very sweet.

Thats it really but I am sceptic of all programs now, especially the one in Slovakia, and the man in France with his Indian friend opening a bar, I really do think that was a put up job.



We did stay another week to see properties but went back to Rosemary's Baby every time because it was handy for the beach, easy to run, and unusual for a townhouse had what is now a lovely tiled garden area.
That sounded quite hard work and certainly not a free holiday, I woiuld get sick of the cameras and probably run out of things to say. At least if the Spanish show you around your communication is limited so you don't have to say much. In fact it made me laugh a bit when you looked around Spanish houses how many brothers and sons would turn up for the veiwing. I no what you mean about 'a place in france' though that was a set up but it was still funny' but the 'chaos at the chateau' is a bit too much, i think its even the same narrator.
Glad you found something eventually.

Helen
helenp is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:19 am
  #51  
ex-squaddie
 
derbyflan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Aylesbury, UK
Posts: 4,605
derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

That was really interesting.

We were once going to be on Relocation, Relocation.

We were going to move up North and buy a Kennels and Cattery. Mrs DF was supposed to move up first and get the business ready for opening and I would follow up when I'd left my job down South. About a month before filming was due to take place - I got a call from the Producer who suggested I took a kitten with me on my drive up North and that this would be a nice suprise for my wife as I arrived at our new home. The final shot of the programme so to speak. Me arriving at night, kissing the wife on the doorstep, kitten in-hand like a happy ending.

The conversation went something like this:

Producer: "So, that's how we see the scene ending. Wha'd'ya think?"
Me: "What about the kitten?"
Prod: "What about it?"
Me: "Well, what am I supposed to do with it when the filming stops?
Prod: "Dunno! Keep it? Stick it in your Cattery? Give it away? Does it matter?"
Me: "So, you want me to buy a kitten, something that'll live for say...13 years; just for 10 seconds of film?"
Prod: "Yeah. Don't you want to do that?"
Me: "No!".

So, we never got to meet Phil & Kirsty afterall
derbyflan is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:06 am
  #52  
BE Forum Addict
 
montgomail's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: midlands/denia
Posts: 4,340
montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

I love Gandia. If I was looking to buy again, I would consider buying in Gandia.

Out of interest, what is meant by Grau Gandia.
montgomail is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:13 am
  #53  
BE Forum Addict
 
spain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Kent - Gandia - Kent
Posts: 2,002
spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by montgomail
I love Gandia. If I was looking to buy again, I would consider buying in Gandia.

Out of interest, what is meant by Grau Gandia.
I dont think there is a literal translation - but Grau is the area that surrounds the port/habour

you can find more info here
spain is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:18 am
  #54  
BE Forum Addict
 
montgomail's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: midlands/denia
Posts: 4,340
montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by spain
I dont think there is a literal translation - but Grau is the area that surrounds the port/habour

you can find more info here
Thank you. The last explanation listed in the link, explained it quite well I thought. Actually I hadn't realised that it's a Catalan (or Valenciano) word which explains why I've never found it in the dictionary.
montgomail is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:21 am
  #55  
BE Forum Addict
 
spain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Kent - Gandia - Kent
Posts: 2,002
spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by montgomail
Thank you. The last explanation listed in the link, explained it quite well I thought. Actually I hadn't realised that it's a Catalan (or Valenciano) word which explains why I've never found it in the dictionary.
yes I have found that site useful on numerous occasions

I always get grau mixed up with grua
spain is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:14 pm
  #56  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Very interesting read Barnie! You sound happy where you are now.

Yes, the French/Indian one was all a bit too much to believe. I could not believe the relationship between the local girl and the man was for real including her dumping him etc.
Especially since despite apparently living in France Nigel was in fact the Producer and narrator for the series about Boscastle, A seaside Parish!


Update, the program A seaside parish was made by Tiger Aspect productions, who also made, wait for it................................................ ................................A PLACE IN FRANCE.


Coincidence?

Last edited by rugbymatt; Apr 3rd 2007 at 8:18 pm.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:45 pm
  #57  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
helenp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Billinge Wigan
Posts: 238
helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Especially since despite apparently living in France Nigel was in fact the Producer and narrator for the series about Boscastle, A seaside Parish!


Update, the program A seaside parish was made by Tiger Aspect productions, who also made, wait for it................................................ ................................A PLACE IN FRANCE.


Coincidence?
I knew I'd heard his voice before thought he was a narrator!
helenp is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:52 pm
  #58  
Livin' in Spain at last!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: La Hortichuela Almeria
Posts: 862
chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Especially since despite apparently living in France Nigel was in fact the Producer and narrator for the series about Boscastle, A seaside Parish!


Update, the program A seaside parish was made by Tiger Aspect productions, who also made, wait for it................................................ ................................A PLACE IN FRANCE.


Coincidence?
Well well well. What a surprise.
chrisw is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:01 pm
  #59  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 19
Barnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by montgomail
I love Gandia. If I was looking to buy again, I would consider buying in Gandia.

Out of interest, what is meant by Grau Gandia.
We grau means port. I know what you mean, a friend in Gandia kept on saying that word and I felt too ignorant to ask so I looked it up. Its almost a little village on its own, the crew took us to a farewell dinner down there, interesting little place - full of back to backs and apartments and houses that had been there for a long time, nice ones.

I'd like to live in Gandia too, but we arn't too far, just 10 mins, as a towny I feel sometimes a bit cut off, but Gandia is Spanish and as yet we don't know sufficient Spanish to integrate, although there is a fair mixture of nationalities there. I like to do the walk in the evening, sit and have a coffee, even in winter they put up enclosures where you can sit and people watch.
Barnie is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:21 pm
  #60  
BE Forum Addict
 
TheArmChairDetective's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Here,there and everywhere
Posts: 2,595
TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Especially since despite apparently living in France Nigel was in fact the Producer and narrator for the series about Boscastle, A seaside Parish!


Update, the program A seaside parish was made by Tiger Aspect productions, who also made, wait for it................................................ ................................A PLACE IN FRANCE.


Coincidence?

But was Nippi a postmaster, thats the big question
TheArmChairDetective is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.