Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Just wondered if anyone on the forum featured on any of these 'place in the sun' or 'Living in Sun' type programmes or even 'no going back' we never find out what happened to them. There was a similar thread on Australia forum and a few had featured on 'Wanted down under' programme.
Personally I couldn't stand the thought of those cameras following you around all the time it must be stressful enough moving anyway, I suppose for no going back it is good advert for your business.

Helen

Last edited by helenp; Mar 31st 2007 at 12:22 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by helenp
Just wondered if anyone on the forum featured on any of these 'place in the sun' or 'Living in Sun' type programmes or even 'no going back' we never find out what happened to them. There was a similar thread on Australia forum and a few had featured on 'Wanted down under' programme.
Personally I couldn't stand the thought of those cameras following you around all the time it must be stressful enough moving anyway, I suppose for no going back it is good advert for your business.

Helen
Especially when they only show the embarresing and crap parts they filmed. M B comes to mind. ;-)
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Well I think it must be actors as you think all the shows they do there would be one person on this site.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Well I think it must be actors as you think all the shows they do there would be one person on this site.
No, not actors, Ive met someone who knows someone who was on one of those programmes.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

BTW, I saw some of those Australia programmes. They gave the couples two days to make a choice whether to emigrate or not. I didnt beleive they gave them that short a time. Do you know?

Also, if you've read the australian ones, what happened to the Butcher who worked all hours only to discover in Aus he would have to work similar hours?

Did it work out for them? Or any of them?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Also, if you've read the australian ones, what happened to the Butcher who worked all hours
I believe he got the chop
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
BTW, I saw some of those Australia programmes. They gave the couples two days to make a choice whether to emigrate or not. I didnt beleive they gave them that short a time. Do you know?

Also, if you've read the australian ones, what happened to the Butcher who worked all hours only to discover in Aus he would have to work similar hours?

Did it work out for them? Or any of them?
I missed that one with the butcher there was a spanish one though (liviing in the sun)and I think he had to get a licence to sell sausages! Two days is not long to decide to emigrate perhaps they want a free holiday as if you were serious you would not go on a programme like that to help you make up your mind.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

What peed me off was seeing one family on "holiday Swap" and then seeing the obnoxious wife on one of the relocation programmes. It was obvious the first time all she wanted was to be on tele - unfortunately it didnt show her in a good light and then the second time was even worse. Dont researchers research or are they desperate for people to do the shows?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helen17
What peed me off was seeing one family on "holiday Swap" and then seeing the obnoxious wife on one of the relocation programmes. It was obvious the first time all she wanted was to be on tele - unfortunately it didnt show her in a good light and then the second time was even worse. Dont researchers research or are they desperate for people to do the shows?
Yes 'place in the sun' is the worst they always have to go home and think about it, just up for the free holiday!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Yes 'place in the sun' is the worst they always have to go home and think about it, just up for the free holiday!
Oh are you like me Helen - I watch the programme and say "They only want a free holiday, just watch they will go home to think about it" Do they honestly think we believe they are serious!

We actually applied to go on 'A Place in the Sun' but we were told they were doing the Carribean and as we wanted Spain they would get back to us. They never did!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=helenp;4586644]I missed that one with the butcher there was a spanish one though (liviing in the sun)and I think he had to get a licence to sell sausages! QUOTE]

The butcher was in Fuengarola If I'm not mistaken.
Maybe some people here have even been to the shop.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:21 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You are daft but make me laugh.......
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:23 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Friends of mine did one; home and away or something like that....choosing between Britain and South Africa. They were for real and were seriously considering it. The producers were pushing them to choose a property but they decided to do something totally different in the end.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

He`s back bacon bread in the UK.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:48 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.