Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:51 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s back bacon bread in the UK.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

We only discovered Extremadura because of "A Place in the Sun!"
We had decided we wanted to move to Spain, but weren't really too sure where..........and then we saw the programme.
The region had everything we were looking for, so we came out 4 times in the year before our move, to have a good look around.

During that time, we bumped into the people who featured in the programme (!) and we have become very good friends.
We live about 30km away from them, and we all have the same opinion about life here - we don't want to live in each other's pockets, but it's great to know there's a fellow English speaker to call on in a time of need.

They've lived here for nearly 4 years now, and are totally integrated into their village and are obviously well loved within their community.

They say that their experience of the programme was OK, but they wouldn't do it again!
Some of the properties that were shown on the programme weren't actually for sale, and they were "advised" about what they should or shouldn't mention in their feedback about properties!!
From what they now know from Spanish friends in their village, there was a lot of "quick, you'll do, come and be on this programme" kind of attitude towards the local people.
They said the cameras being around was a drain, but they did really like Amanda Lamb and said she was a genuine person.

They didn't actually find any property they liked during the filming; they did that themselves in a subsequent visit - but they are very happy here!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
They said the cameras being around was a drain, but they did really like Amanda Lamb and said she was a genuine person.

My hubby likes Amanda Lamb - think that's the main reason we watch it. I don't mind though - Robson Green winked at me on tv when the trailer for the new series of Bright Lights was shown
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s back bacon bread in the UK.
Hes got a steak in a new business, so he's still a rind
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You appear to be struggling now.

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:59 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Butcher might still bump into him
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You appear to be struggling now.

Rosemary
Nothing new there then
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:04 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lionda
Butcher might still bump into him
Were just about to feature in a new programme called WELCOME TO HELL (about life in france). good thing Spain is just down the road.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
My hubby likes Amanda Lamb - think that's the main reason we watch it. I don't mind though - Robson Green winked at me on tv when the trailer for the new series of Bright Lights was shown
Mine loves Amanda too. We were watching the prog one night and I innocently said I would move there. It was a village in France. Give him an inch and he always takes mile - so next I know he is investigating France on the internet and buying 'How to learn French' books etc. I laid down my rules regarding weather, housing, hospitals etc thinking I was putting him off and then said what about Italy. Yes you have guessed it he repeated his previous actions initially except as I had first hand experience of the hospital system in Italy he soon changed his mind and suggested Spain which had been his desore all the way along and I had been the negative one saying I could not leave UK.

Guess who is the one who will at the moment not even go back to UK for a visit?

Yeh it is me the one who took a lot of convincing.

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

to all the Butcher quips!

I meant the Butcher in the Australia programe with Nadia Swallowedaahareema (you know the one).

Fancy being shown properties that arent really for sale! What a con! Pah, contempt for the programme....(says she who records all the relevant ones, to the cries in the house of....'you've seen this one') Hee. I like looking at the areas and the beaches etc
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Actually I was at the Airport in Spain yesterday and I swear I saw one of the partipants of APITSun at the Airport. Either that or he was so familiar he is from my local newsagents/Grocery store/Library (you know the 'dont I know you from somewhere' scenario, except I didn't dare!).
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:57 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Were just about to feature in a new programme called WELCOME TO HELL (about life in france). good thing Spain is just down the road.
Have you had a bad experience in France ?.
What makes you think Spain will be any better ?.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:14 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
Have you had a bad experience in France ?.
What makes you think Spain will be any better ?.
I spent a number of years in spain and loved it the people climate etc. whereas in france it has been a struggle to say the least french people and spanish people have very different attitudes to life and people around them. and as it has been disscussed before the countries attract very different kinds of english people our mistake. what we failed to find out was that this region of france is the most argumentative going they love to fight argue etc. they dont even get on with themselves let alone the british and dutch that move here. And yesterday we went to spain for the day french side drab dull houses unpainted run down / spanish side lots of painted houses friendly people nice new roads etc. we are in a position to border jump and make compassions and they stand out.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:44 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
BTW, I saw some of those Australia programmes. They gave the couples two days to make a choice whether to emigrate or not. I didnt beleive they gave them that short a time. Do you know?

Also, if you've read the australian ones, what happened to the Butcher who worked all hours only to discover in Aus he would have to work similar hours?

Did it work out for them? Or any of them?
Do a search in the Australia forum, someone from the program has posted.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Ka Ora, I know you hate your corner of France and can't wait to move to Spain (who can blame you ) but are you serious about the programme or just cracking a joke?

Just checking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.