Reload this Page >

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Do a search in the Australia forum, someone from the program has posted.
Oh, on here. Right, sorry, I will. Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lionda
Oh are you like me Helen - I watch the programme and say "They only want a free holiday, just watch they will go home to think about it" Do they honestly think we believe they are serious!

We actually applied to go on 'A Place in the Sun' but we were told they were doing the Carribean and as we wanted Spain they would get back to us. They never did!
I am not surprised that some of the houses are not for sale really as when we went last year it was difficult to find an agent to show you around unless you have a deposit. One agent even said we will have to pay him 100 euros to see some houses if we do not have a deposit and some agents charge for viewings even if you have a deposit. I just watch it to see all the scenery and lovely villages very sad really.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Barnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Helen, a friend mentioned your message and its taken ages to re-register on the web site as I don't have a lot of time due to work. I will tell you about our experience on the prog a little later on in the week as I am due to do the "camera, lights & action" again tomorrow in hospital in Warrington. So bear with me Anne
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Barnie
Hi Helen, a friend mentioned your message and its taken ages to re-register on the web site as I don't have a lot of time due to work. I will tell you about our experience on the prog a little later on in the week as I am due to do the "camera, lights & action" again tomorrow in hospital in Warrington. So bear with me Anne
I will look forward to hearing from you.

Helen
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:58 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

My husband and I were watching "No going back" with a couple, Greg and Rosemary who started an esatate agents in Albox. My husband was so impressed by them as being honest and trustworthy and said he would definately buy from them.
When we were in Spain last year, we stayed for a week in Vera, and another week in Mojacar. During our first week we went to see Greg and Rosemay as we had been emailing them for info. They were really nice, but didn't have any property we were interested in at that time. Not that we could have done anything as house had only just gone on the market, but just wanted to introduce ourselves and look at their books. We asked how their two sons were doing, and they have both settled well and work in the building industry and very hard working. It seems to have been the making of them.
I check their website periodically and was surprised to see their shop listed. Couldn't make out if it was for sale, or lease or possibly franchise. But I really hope they are still doing ok!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisw
My husband and I were watching "No going back" with a couple, Greg and Rosemary who started an esatate agents in Albox. My husband was so impressed by them as being honest and trustworthy and said he would definately buy from them.
When we were in Spain last year, we stayed for a week in Vera, and another week in Mojacar. During our first week we went to see Greg and Rosemay as we had been emailing them for info. They were really nice, but didn't have any property we were interested in at that time. Not that we could have done anything as house had only just gone on the market, but just wanted to introduce ourselves and look at their books. We asked how their two sons were doing, and they have both settled well and work in the building industry and very hard working. It seems to have been the making of them.
I check their website periodically and was surprised to see their shop listed. Couldn't make out if it was for sale, or lease or possibly franchise. But I really hope they are still doing ok!
Yes I saw that I tried to email and call them last year to look at properties but couldn't get any response. I saw on their website that their business seemed to be open to franchaise opportunities this was a while ago though. They seemed a nice genuine couple who you would buy from.

Helen
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, could you post or re-post the web site address please?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It said in the Sur the other week, they expect 3000 more agencies to close soon due to lack of business.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helenp
Yes I saw that I tried to email and call them last year to look at properties but couldn't get any response. I saw on their website that their business seemed to be open to franchaise opportunities this was a while ago though. They seemed a nice genuine couple who you would buy from.

Helen
I saw that and I thought they looked like they didn't know what they were doing! They didn't even speak the language!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:02 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone on here featured on Place in Sun type programmes

Originally Posted by dazzle
I saw that and I thought they looked like they didn't know what they were doing! They didn't even speak the language!
They did't go out there with intention of starting an estate agency as you might remember, but a place where artists could go and paint. Because of the hassle they had buying their property, they decided they could do better, and would deal honestly with people, as they had not been. They soon picked the language up, it was a case of being thrown in at the deep end. I take my hat off to them for having a go.
High Armchair detective, Greg and Rosemary's website address is:
http://www.grapevinepropertiesspain.com/
I didn't get an answer when I phoned, I think I sent a fax or an email in the end, can't remember exactly, but Rosemary phoned me back as soon as she got the message.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barnie

Does that mean you are buying a hospital now then? Seriously, hope you are not too unwell.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
It said in the Sur the other week, they expect 3000 more agencies to close soon due to lack of business.

so what does that mean about the Resale market then? I can't understand why the resalers aren't dropping their prices to a more realistic level. I would happily buy a resale but off-plan was so much cheaper, so its a no-brainer.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisw
High Armchair detective, Greg and Rosemary's website address is:
http://www.grapevinepropertiesspain.com/
Thanks Chris
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
so what does that mean about the Resale market then? I can't understand why the resalers aren't dropping their prices to a more realistic level. I would happily buy a resale but off-plan was so much cheaper, so its a no-brainer.

Is it cheaper in reality please?
With an existing property you can see that everything is finished, al the amenities are in. Off plan you can potentially be waiting a long time.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenp
I am not surprised that some of the houses are not for sale really as when we went last year it was difficult to find an agent to show you around unless you have a deposit. One agent even said we will have to pay him 100 euros to see some houses if we do not have a deposit and some agents charge for viewings even if you have a deposit. I just watch it to see all the scenery and lovely villages very sad really.
Apparently the busiest time for these 'cheap viewing trips' is November and early December, wonder why?.. and most of them stop doing them after about the middle as they know no-one who comes out then will be buying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.