Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any cryptic minds out there

Any cryptic minds out there

Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:19 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any cryptic minds out there

Well done with The Sweeney I was nowhere near it.

Rosemary
Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you are right with snake pit as the pit is from pithe helmet.

Rosemary
Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I think that you are right with snake pit as the pit is from pithe helmet.

Rosemary
But how does the 'snake' bit fit in.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by stuboy
But how does the 'snake' bit fit in.
You rattle a tin and there is a rattle snake is the best I can do for that bit.

Rosemary
Old Jun 5th 2014, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

You rattle a tin and there is a rattle snake is the best I can do for that bit.

Rosemary

If we get this one it will help

Land in lake upside-down. (4)

***e
Old Jun 5th 2014, 5:33 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Snake Pit is surely right.

sn = tin
kepi = a kind of hat

Nearly there...
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:07 pm

If we get this one it will help

Land in lake upside-down. (4)

***e
I wish that I drank because then there would be an excuse for my stupid answers.

Skye, please do not ask why unless it happens to be correct.

Rosemary
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimenato
Snake Pit is surely right.

sn = tin
kepi = a kind of hat

Nearly there...
Agree we're getting there.But as you know that leaves a&t unaccounted for.

But why the word 'viciously'?
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I wish that I drank because then there would be an excuse for my stupid answers.

Skye, please do not ask why unless it happens to be correct.

Rosemary

What! you don't drink.

I thought of 'isle' but don't get the upside-down part
Old Jun 6th 2014, 6:03 am

What! you don't drink.

I thought of 'isle' but don't get the upside-down part
The not drinking is not because I am against it or anything like that I just do not like the taste apart from cava which I love.

Maybe I am on the right track then because I immediately thought of Skye.

I think that it was the upside down bit that made me think of it.

Rosemary
Old Jun 6th 2014, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The not drinking is not because I am against it or anything like that I just do not like the taste apart from cava which I love.

Maybe I am on the right track then because I immediately thought of Skye.

I think that it was the upside down bit that made me think of it.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary, I have been thinking about 'skye' but can't just seem to make it fit. It still has something to do with upside.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 5:07 pm

Hi Rosemary, I have been thinking about 'skye' but can't just seem to make it fit. It still has something to do with upside.
I have taken it as upside-down which to me means that the sky is not up but down. I told you that my reasoning was strange.

Rosemary
Old Jul 5th 2014, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anybody fancy a go at these three.

1) Solar Flares? Answer: there's no place for them. (4-4)

***O-*A**
2) Architect tries to sell space towards the roof (9)
H*w*s****
Apart from it beginning maybe with hawks, I haven't any idea

3) Part way encircling, say, soldiers (7)
S*G****

All ideas/answers gratefully received
Old Jul 5th 2014, 6:36 pm

1) One of the words may be "halo"
2) No idea
3) No idea really but words such as Signets/signals fit the number of letters

Stumped

Rosemary
Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

1) One of the words may be "halo"
2) No idea
3) No idea really but words such as Signets/signals fit the number of letters

Stumped

Rosemary
Me too, I thought perhaps the first word in the first clue was 'zero'.

I'm pretty sure that the answer to 3 is 'segment'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.