Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal barbarism in Spain

Animal barbarism in Spain

Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:43 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by JLFS

I think you have confused the forum shouldnt you be on BritishCOWPATS.com
Brilliant, seriously brilliant, I mean christ where do you get these from?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

I think if people are unhappy about Spanish traditions of bullfighting, don't go to the bullfighting matches or watch any on TV. There problem solved.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:19 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah but the bulls don't know they are not going to win, they THINK they will right up until the last second, at least they live with hope... thats a very important thing you know.
Brilliant,you can even read the bulls mind!
Having been amongst them all my life, I along with many other farmers would wish to have had such unique ability.
Could well have saved myself a few bruised ribs and many others from much more serious injuries.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:21 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve missed most of this thread because I was outside on the terrace playing with my dogs. I must admit that reading it made me laugh a couple of times. We’ve had fake Spaniards, Nazi atrocities, and some bad language and name calling. Yet it’s the most active thread going at the moment.

I sometimes think that I prefer animals to people and along with most Spanish people I could never watch a bull fight. When I come across people who don’t like animals, whether they’re dogs, cats or bulls, I shy away from them because we have nothing in common.

As far as animal cruelty is concerned, Spain is no different to any other part of the world. I’m not having a go at the OP, but I’ve seen farmers delivering their livestock for sale at Holesworthy and other Devon venues and the cruelty is obvious. Horse dealers from Plymouth scouring Dartmoor for ponies to be auctioned at the markets for the slaughter houses are possibly in the same category as those sporting Spanish people hanging greyhounds.

I hate all of them.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
I think if people are unhappy about Spanish traditions of bullfighting, don't go to the bullfighting matches or watch any on TV. There problem solved.
Ah, the good old head in sand technique. That'll work.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Brilliant,you can even read the bulls mind!
Having been amongst them all my life, I along with many other farmers would wish to have had such unique ability.
Could well have saved myself a few bruised ribs and many others from much more serious injuries.
Oh yeah I forgot, you are a sheep farmer, or a cattle one now... god I can hardly keep up.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah I forgot, you are a sheep farmer, or a cattle one now... god I can hardly keep up.
Up till just a few year ago 1000 sheep,200 beef cattle,(previously dairy herd also),wouldnt wish to bore you with the the variety of other livestock.

You really dropped yourself in it big-time tonight Matt.......
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:35 pm
Straw Man.

Up till just a few year ago 1000 sheep,200 beef cattle,(previously dairy herd also),wouldnt wish to bore you with the the variety of other livestock.

You really dropped yourself in it big-time tonight Matt.......
No please, carry on, I would love to hear all about it.

Drop myself in it? Why? Because I suggested that a bull will attack anything that presents itself in front of it regardless of the potential consequences? Yes I think you might be right... mind you, if you are I can't understand why a bull just keeps going for the matador, I mean, you would think that he would understand that he is going to get hurt and just go and find something else to do...

... such a tit!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Drop myself in it? Why? Because I suggested that a bull will attack anything that presents itself in front of it regardless of the potential consequences? Yes I think you might be right... mind you, if you are I can't understand why a bull just keeps going for the matador, I mean, you would think that he would understand that he is going to get hurt and just go and find something else to do...

... such a tit!
Don't they use those ones on the horses to goad the bull if it's giving up?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Don't they use those ones on the horses to goad the bull if it's giving up?
The picador is there to weaken the bull rather than goad it. The matador does all the 'goading' with the prancing about and funny faces and when the bull appears to be 'giving up' is when the show is over so it gets sacrificed.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:07 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by JLFS
I always thought you were an experts in BULL.......

I nominate the above post for the most hilarious on the forum...................priceless.............Dr Dolittle has spoken............

Bull thinks, I will just finish this plonker in the pink socks off, then I can nip back to the field, service a few cows, have a good feed, and next week do it all again............then it all goes wrong............
No,I think yours has just moved into the number one spot JLFS,...

Confess to feeling a tad sorry for Matt though,...seems to be taking a bigger beating than the poor old bull tonight.........
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:09 pm
Straw Man.

No,I think yours has just moved into the number one spot JLFS,...

Confess to feeling a tad sorry for Matt though,...seems to be taking a bigger beating than the poor old bull tonight.........
Come on, where?

Spoiler:
If you think I am taking a beating ask yourself why I started this thread
Old Dec 18th 2009, 4:43 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

You know I almost laughed then, and I'm sure those on here too scared to say anything will do, but I fail to see what me being on here whenever I want has got to do with the topic. You lot hate the fact that I don't actually have to work don't you?
Now in answer to your really silly point, I am aware that a bull, thats a male cow before you try another HILARIOUS play on words(no seriously, your wit slays me) will fight whatever it wants with no regard for its own safety. The reason it will, as will almost any large horned animal, is that it doesn't have the ability to reason, thats a largely human trait, it means we can look at a situation, asses it, draw from our past experiences and make a judgement based on all of that, while an animal will draw on the last time it fought and pretty much simple animalistic nature, fight or flight, and since a bull who thinks it has the size and strength advantage will always attack then as I said before it will attack and think nothing of the consequences.

Now while I love having a decent discussion if we continue to go down this road of attempting to insult me and draw me into a fight continues then all you will end up doing is showing yourself up... just like when you implied that I was rude to Fake boy and not the other way around... where is that apology by the way?
If the highlighted bit is what you really think, then you are seriously in need of help............So you dont work, then?
You must be the only farmer who boasts that apart from Prince Charles. He has a bit of a small holding, a bit like yourself.

But then I forgot that you have an infinity with the bovines of this world. Your cows probably get and prepare their own food or feed.
I suppose that they also clean up their own cowpats or cowsplats.

Then when the time comes to pay the ultimate price they all march themselves off to the slaughter house.

Then with all that free time you can pass the whole day on Tinterweb........mixing it with the EXPATS.............
Old Dec 18th 2009, 4:48 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I’ve missed most of this thread because I was outside on the terrace playing with my dogs. I must admit that reading it made me laugh a couple of times. We’ve had fake Spaniards, Nazi atrocities, and some bad language and name calling. Yet it’s the most active thread going at the moment.

I sometimes think that I prefer animals to people and along with most Spanish people I could never watch a bull fight. When I come across people who don’t like animals, whether they’re dogs, cats or bulls, I shy away from them because we have nothing in common.

As far as animal cruelty is concerned, Spain is no different to any other part of the world. I’m not having a go at the OP, but I’ve seen farmers delivering their livestock for sale at Holesworthy and other Devon venues and the cruelty is obvious. Horse dealers from Plymouth scouring Dartmoor for ponies to be auctioned at the markets for the slaughter houses are possibly in the same category as those sporting Spanish people hanging greyhounds.

I hate all of them.
I agree, cruelty is cruelty, but the glorification of bullfighting as an art, is sickening.
I dont know if any other country has such a thing, where an animals death is watched by crowds and the "killers" appear in the press as superstars.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:11 am
Banned

... such a tit!
I am really worried for you mental state, have you read the post you made?

You are asking why the bull iIN THE BULL RING doesnt go and find something else to do.

Oh,never thought of that, he must like it then coz if he didnt he could do something about it. If not he would be selling popcorn or programmes. I dont think that the poor animal has much choice in the matter,

You do realize that we are talking about the bull here, an animal closed in an arena with the public baying for blood. Should he just demand to be taken back to the herd????? OMG you have completly lost it............

you say he has the choice to leave whenever he wants because he is going to get hurt, and you have the cheeck to call Dick Dastarly at TIT.

If I were you I would give the EXPATS and COWPATS a miss, and seek some profession help, before it really is too late.

Last edited by JLFS; Dec 18th 2009 at 6:13 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.