Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal barbarism in Spain

Animal barbarism in Spain

Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:13 pm
  #121  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Dick was never a farmer is that he should know that the chores for 17 cattle and 50 sheep would take no longer than about 2 hours...
Before taking issue with your abusive/offensive remarks,questioning my integrity and side-tracking previous matters, I would first appreciate some sort of link to the origins of the above statement.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:28 pm
  #122  
Jur
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,980
Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Careful you almost look like you are endorsing cruelty.



(Please note, I am not suggesting you are, simply saying it might look that way to certain posters)
I´m aware of that and I love animal torture, kiddieporn and Hitler was a great guy.

Seriously, here animals are mainly being used for their abilities to make human life easier. It does not justify cruelty for "Sports".

Originally Posted by HBG
Some valid points, but there are still horses working the land in England, dogs are kept to guard homes, cats to catch mice, canaries to sing, but they don’t have bulls bred for sport, unless you count the pit-bulls bred to guard the drug dealers and entertain the No-nos on rough housing estates.

So the only thing different is the bulls, and if the great majority of Spanish people get their way, the bull rings will be demolished in the same way as Franco’s statues.

(Personally I think that both should be kept as historical reminders of the past}.
I´ve read in the past that it´s only a minority of the population who is in favour of bullfights. I personally am disgusted by them, and as well by Asian cockfights, overloaded donkeys in the medinas of Morocco, and so on.
Jur is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:33 pm
  #123  
Jur
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,980
Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by cricketman
Would you have liked Germany to have kept their statues of Hitler and other Nazis?
I guess there´s enough material to remind us all, Hitler´s image is being used now for an anti-aids campaign. It´s the weirdest poster I´ve seen, and quite tasteless. Have a look for yourselves:



Jur is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:49 pm
  #124  
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Alicante province
Posts: 5,753
HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by cricketman
Would you have liked Germany to have kept their statues of Hitler and other Nazis?
I can think of six million reasons why you can't compare Hitler's Germany with Franco's Spain.
HBG is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 3:32 pm
  #125  
Straw Man.
Thread Starter
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Before taking issue with your abusive/offensive remarks,questioning my integrity and side-tracking previous matters, I would first appreciate some sort of link to the origins of the above statement.
I absolutely agree with you, Relamwhateverhisnameis was very harsh attacking me from nowhere, I sincerely hope he has been reported to the relevant authorities!


Links? Well here is a good one....

http://www.boredatuni.com/stuff.php
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 4:20 pm
  #126  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by HBG
I can think of six million reasons why you can't compare Hitler's Germany with Franco's Spain.
They werent that far away, I think the final solution is the only thing that seperated them.

And that Franco thought Spain was big enough for Spaniards to live in rather than having to invade the rest of Europe

However, Franco was a fascist dictator and murdered anyone who showed opposition to his ideas.
cricketman is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:02 pm
  #127  
BE Enthusiast
 
Relampago's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 773
Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by Jur
Why do we have to go trough this again? Spain (The Spain that I know) takes a different view on animals than we do. Donkey´s are to work on the land, Dogs to guard the house, Cats to catch mice, Birds to keep in tiny cages and make pretty sounds. Bulls to die brave in a blaze of Glory.
Here animals have another purpose than to be a housepet.
Here already we know each other, and so much you, like Rugbymatt and others your comments to Spain always are gnarled, prejudiced and like we says, " con muy mala leche "

I am anti-taurine, I adore my dogs, it would kill for my dogs. I am not friend of the zoos, but I will tell you something, I don't arrive possibly to your obtuse character and your pathological illness, in which you will put at the same level to a human being and an animal, and it is more, I am sure that if the same day that dies your father and your mascot, I am sure you will feel the same thing for one and for another. Me not

That is the difference

What you have to make, you and those that you are generalizing about us based on the bullfighting (the bulls are part of our culture, but are not representative of this country) the first thing is to clean of shit your home, and later, to criticize ours. We don't have to learn lessons of you, nor of the author of the thread, that what rubbish of thread

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 18th 2009 at 7:05 pm.
Relampago is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:20 pm
  #128  
Straw Man.
Thread Starter
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:21 pm
  #129  
Jur
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,980
Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by Relampago
Here already we know each other, and so much you, like Rugbymatt and others your comments to Spain always are gnarled, prejudiced and like we says, " con muy mala leche "

I am anti-taurine, I adore my dogs, it would kill for my dogs. I am not friend of the zoos, but I will tell you something, I don't arrive possibly to your obtuse character and your pathological illness, in which you will put at the same level to a human being and an animal, and it is more, I am sure that if the same day that dies your father and your mascot, I am sure you will feel the same thing for one and for another. Me not

That is the difference

What you have to make, you and those that you are generalizing about us based on the bullfighting (the bulls are part of our culture, but are not representative of this country) the first thing is to clean of shit your home, and later, to criticize ours. We don't have to learn lessons of you, nor of the author of the thread, that what rubbish of thread
Piss of, you did not read my posts properly. Que cara tienes.
Jur is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:36 pm
  #130  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I absolutely agree with you, Relamwhateverhisnameis was very harsh attacking me from nowhere, I sincerely hope he has been reported to the relevant authorities!
Links? Well here is a good one....
http://www.boredatuni.com/stuff.php
Well I suppose it was too much to hope for a sensible explanation regarding your wrongful and baseless insinuation.

Whilst you're into all this blood and guts stuff, maybe a thread relating to the rugby bloodgate and associated affairs could be right up your street and quite interesting.......
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:12 pm
  #131  
Straw Man.
Thread Starter
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well I suppose it was too much to hope for a sensible explanation regarding your wrongful and baseless insinuation.

Whilst you're into all this blood and guts stuff, maybe a thread relating to the rugby bloodgate and associated affairs could be right up your street and quite interesting.......
I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else, you and a couple of other posters have tried to bully me off this thread by making statements about my posting rate, now if thats all you can manage to do regarding this subject then just leave, because before you lot turned up and made it personal by throwing insults and swear words around it was looking like it could have been a great thread.


As to the recent fiasco in my beloved sport maybe a thread regarding that would be good, but its not for here, as JLFS constantly reminds me, try and keep on topic!
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:17 pm
  #132  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else, you and a couple of other posters have tried to bully me off this thread by making statements about my posting rate, now if thats all you can manage to do regarding this subject then just leave, because before you lot turned up and made it personal by throwing insults and swear words around it was looking like it could have been a great thread.


As to the recent fiasco in my beloved sport maybe a thread regarding that would be good, but its not for here, as JLFS constantly reminds me, try and keep on topic!


Is thee taking my name in vain/vein/vane???? I dont think that I have seen this written (if I have I dont remember) only spoken,
JLFS is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:21 pm
  #133  
Straw Man.
Thread Starter
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by JLFS
[/COLOR]

Is thee taking my name in vain/vein/vane???? I dont think that I have seen this written (if I have I dont remember) only spoken,
I could point you to three separate times you have said it to me on threads, in fact (and I honestly can't believe I am having to tell you this, its like being in some kind of alternate universe!) one time you told me actually led to me starting this thread....

Such hard work!
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:25 pm
  #134  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I could point you to three separate times you have said it to me on threads, in fact (and I honestly can't believe I am having to tell you this, its like being in some kind of alternate universe!) one time you told me actually led to me starting this thread....

Such hard work!
I remember once you telling me to lighten up that you say things tounge in cheek.
I could suggest you take your own advice.
JLFS is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:29 pm
  #135  
Straw Man.
Thread Starter
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by JLFS
I remember once you telling me to lighten up that you say things tounge in cheek.
I could suggest you take your own advice.
So you didn't tell me to start a thread if I wanted to discuss it?
rugbymatt is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.