Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal barbarism in Spain

Animal barbarism in Spain

Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:56 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

http://www.galgorescue.org/
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:04 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
the Galgo has always been one of the mst publicised breeds for ill treatment in Spain.

I am against animal cruelty in whatever form it takes, be it donkeys, monkeys, bears, dogs, bulls, birds,

But I think most rational people are............
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:11 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Crikey glad I went out last night ... party getting a bit rough here

For the record, I'm against cruelty to anything/people that breathes
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

the Galgo has always been one of the mst publicised breeds for ill treatment in Spain.

I am against animal cruelty in whatever form it takes, be it donkeys, monkeys, bears, dogs, bulls, birds,

I'm also against cruelty to people... and that's the big problem

We let millions of people each year starve, have lack of water, have dirty water, die from diseases that are easily preventables etc.. all becuase we are greedy and selfish

I'd rather save a person than save a donkey
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:15 am
Straw Man.

Actually cricketman has raised a much bigger point. While I do find it hypocritical that people bang on endlessly about animals rights while they stand by and allow chickens and livestock in general to be raised in filth and misery worldwide its the way we treat our fellow man that really has to be looked at in more depth.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Now bull fighting is obviously done to death,
It is indeed, but still very much alive and kicking here, I'm sure they'd appreciate reading some of your valuable input.
http://blogs.20minutos.es/arsenioesc...corridas-toros
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It does make me wince though, when you see a guy about to be separated from the BanCO JONES..........

By the way did he go on to father any children?
He was allegedly a brave bull fighter, but I believe that was his last.

Search out the other bullfighting thread, I think Ironpoorer posted some info on him in it.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
He was allegedly a brave bull fighter, but I believe that was his last.
I have to say I'm neither for or against bullfighting, but I'm always impressed when some of these matadors suffer a goring, very often they are back fighting within a few weeks! Unlike the prima donna footballers, a slight twinge and they are off for weeks. I guess they get paid whether they play or not, I doubt matadors get any money if they don't fight. Personally, they couldn't pay me enough to dress up in tights, give me a cape, and get me to stand in front of 500-700kgs of fighting bull. Despite all the antitaurinos telling us the bull is drugged, has grease smeared on it's eyes, horns have been shaved etc.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:52 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do we have to go trough this again? Spain (The Spain that I know) takes a different view on animals than we do. Donkey´s are to work on the land, Dogs to guard the house, Cats to catch mice, Birds to keep in tiny cages and make pretty sounds. Bulls to die brave in a blaze of Glory.
Here animals have another purpose than to be a housepet.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:59 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
Why do we have to go trough this again? Spain (The Spain that I know) takes a different view on animals than we do. Donkey´s are to work on the land, Dogs to guard the house, Cats to catch mice, Birds to keep in tiny cages and make pretty sounds. Bulls to die brave in a blaze of Glory.
Careful you almost look like you are endorsing cruelty.

(Please note, I am not suggesting you are, simply saying it might look that way to certain posters)
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Careful you almost look like you are endorsing cruelty.

(Please note, I am not suggesting you are, simply saying it might look that way to certain posters)
Sounds fair enough to me

Animals love working anyway, better than sitting on the sofa getting fat
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:40 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Some valid points, but there are still horses working the land in England, dogs are kept to guard homes, cats to catch mice, canaries to sing, but they don’t have bulls bred for sport, unless you count the pit-bulls bred to guard the drug dealers and entertain the No-nos on rough housing estates.

So the only thing different is the bulls, and if the great majority of Spanish people get their way, the bull rings will be demolished in the same way as Franco’s statues.

(Personally I think that both should be kept as historical reminders of the past}.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:50 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Some valid points, but there are still horses working the land in England, dogs are kept to guard homes, cats to catch mice, canaries to sing, but they don’t have bulls bred for sport, unless you count the pit-bulls bred to guard the drug dealers and entertain the No-nos on rough housing estates.

So the only thing different is the bulls, and if the great majority of Spanish people get their way, the bull rings will be demolished in the same way as Franco’s statues.

(Personally I think that both should be kept as historical reminders of the past}.
AMEN.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HBG

Would you have liked Germany to have kept their statues of Hitler and other Nazis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.