Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal barbarism in Spain

Animal barbarism in Spain

Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Animal barbarism in Spain

Well? Is there any or is it just the rising tide of namby pamby whining guardian readers who eat mung beans and wear socks with sandals and listen to pan pipe music and actually enjoy it? Does it really matter if a few bulls get tormented before they die or is it actually something that helps to improve and enhance the meat?

What is your take on the Spanish and their barbaric ways with animals?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Well? Is there any or is it just the rising tide of namby pamby whining guardian readers who eat mung beans and wear socks with sandals and listen to pan pipe music and actually enjoy it? Does it really matter if a few bulls get tormented before they die or is it actually something that helps to improve and enhance the meat?

Well, not all Spanish people like bullfighting, but I defend their right to do it. At least they do their animal cruelty in full view of the public.

Much better than the incredibly cruel farming methods practised in the UK and other countries (including Spain). e.g. battery farmed chickens never see the sun, never leave their cage, never have their cage cleaned out and are bred to be so obese that they are in pain their whole lives and are being slowly poisoned by the chemicals in their own s**t.

A bull's life is paradise in comparison, it's just the last hour that is stressful.

95% of all chickens and eggs in the UK come from battery farmed chickens (sorry dont know the Spanish stats)

So if you are against bull fighting then please only buy free range chickens and eggs
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Well, not all Spanish people like bullfighting, but I defend their right to do it. At least they do their animal cruelty in full view of the public.

Much better than the incredibly cruel farming methods practised in the UK and other countries (including Spain). e.g. battery farmed chickens never see the sun, never leave their cage, never have their cage cleaned out and are bred to be so obese that they are in pain their whole lives and are being slowly poisoned by the chemicals in their own s**t.

A bull's life is paradise in comparison, it's just the last hour that is stressful.

95% of all chickens and eggs in the UK come from battery farmed chickens (sorry dont know the Spanish stats)

So if you are against bull fighting then please only buy free range chickens and eggs
Battery farming has been banned, it all stops in 2012.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Battery farming has been banned, it all stops in 2012.
Excellent, an EU law I believe. And who says they are good for nothing?

Although some extra reading just says the cages are getting a bit bigger and more comfortable. Still not much of a life for poor old chicken...

Getting back on track, I dont think Spaniards are barbaric with animals, they just treat them like what they are i.e. animals. And the village way of life is still in living memory for many where people depending on animals to get through the year. Of course there are exceptions like in any country.

In Barcelona I couldnt believe how happy all the dogs looked while being walkied around the city. In the UK I was scared of dogs as they looked so mean, unhappy and ferocious and I got bit a few times when I was a kid playing football.

Also many Brits seem to treat their pets like children and have them sleeping in their bed with them which some Spanish people find disgusting.

Last edited by cricketman; Dec 17th 2009 at 1:25 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

I love Spain but I would never ever go to a bullfight.

But thats me. Its a deep rooted culture thing for the spanish so who are we to question it.

But what I cant quite understand is the apparent love of dogs who are left lonely to guard empty houses.

And the dogs who are let out onto busy roads alone for exercise.Cant work that one especially when you see large german shepherds dead on the roads.

As for the kitty cats-they have no chance really.

But the UK has cruelty issues also dosent it-animals, children!!!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:45 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Puppy Farms in Wales, subsidised by the Welsh government ... dogs that never see the light of day, defects inbred and discarded on the mountains. We have a rescue Basset who was used at stud for 6 years with one blue eye and one retained testicle they didn't even know about. The RSPCA's response ... can't do a thing. The RSPCA kills dogs with a bolt guns ... so don't let's speak of animal barbarism in Spain. Go to your local animal rescue in the UK and hear some stories, your heart will break.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:47 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JnK
Puppy Farms in Wales, subsidised by the Welsh government ... :
Now thats a sweeping statement, I would very much like to see your proof.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

At least they do their animal cruelty in full view of the public.
That's right, and it's so much better if you can get the paying public in to watch it suffer, makes it that much worth while!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:49 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Now thats a sweeping statement, I would very much like to see your proof.
How about you phone the RSPCA, they're not shy in telling people.
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

If I paid attention to your comment (full of weed, as always) and I generalized, and I saying that all the British are terrible and dangerous hooligans of the soccer, I believe that it would not be very fair. I tell you this, because I adore my dogs, and I don't like the bullfighting (like I believe that to more than the 90 % of the population in Spain). Atrocities, are made every day...Germans killed to millions of people in the II world war, and today nobody of the Germans, and there are not reasons for this, they don't have the blame; the Canadians kill cubs of seals; in France torture the geese with the food; Japaneses are eliminating all the cetaceans of the globe...

Then, when you speak of Spain you don't generalize, because here nor everybody we are so terrible, nor the rest of the planet is Disneyworld, ok? I would be unable to nail a " banderilla " in a bull, but yes to you in the ribs. I don't have any doubt

Asshole!

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 17th 2009 at 1:53 pm.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by agoreira
That's right, and it's so much better if you can get the paying public in to watch it suffer, makes it that much worth while!
The point is, they are not hypocritcal about it

They dont pretend they only have animal's best interests at heart while stuffing a £2.99 chicken from tesco's into their gob
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:52 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JnK
Ostensibly it's to "subsidise the fact that the farmers are suffering so they're given more to diversify" ... what do you call it? Responsible breeding?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Also many Brits seem to treat their pets like children and have them sleeping in their bed with them which some Spanish people find disgusting.
And some Brits! The thought of having a dog in the house, on the furniture etc makes me uncomfortable, the thought of dogs sharing beds revolts me. There are many pet owners with perfectly good personal hygiene, but their sense of hygiene goes completely out the window when it comes to pets. Bloody cats wandering around kitchen work surfaces, uuugh!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:57 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JnK
Thats will be the same RSCPA that released false pictures about "savaged" foxes to try and win the liberal lovies vote then got told by the Advertising ombudsman to pull the advert? Nah thats OK, I would rather believe an independent organisation, not a biased one.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:00 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Relampago
If I paid attention to your comment (full of weed, as always) and I generalized, and I saying that all the British are terrible and dangerous hooligans of the soccer, I believe that it would not be very fair. I tell you this, because I adore my dogs, and I don't like the bullfighting (like I believe that to more than the 90 % of the population in Spain). Atrocities, are made every day...Germans killed to millions of people in the II world war, and today nobody of the Germans, and there are not reasons for this, they don't have the blame; the Canadians kill cubs of seals; in France torture the geese with the food; Japaneses are eliminating all the cetaceans of the globe...

Then, when you speak of Spain you don't generalize, because here nor everybody we are so terrible, nor the rest of the planet is Disneyworld, ok? I would be unable to nail a " banderilla " in a bull, but yes to you in the ribs. I don't have any doubt

Asshole!
God I wish you would shut up!

If you don't understand the context of a language then don't comment on its use, if you wish to keep the pretense up then at the very least understand what the first post actually said.

Oh and thanks for the arsehole comment but I have a feeling thats against the sites rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.