Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal barbarism in Spain

Animal barbarism in Spain

Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:14 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal barbarism in Spain

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Maybe I know a bit more about him than you do, ever thought of that?

I never said you couldn't have an opinion, I said that because you chose not to have anything to do with it it left you a little short to be able to comment, thats all... and to be honest the whole swearing thing and your subsequent aggressive replies does show you have a couple of anger issues. I also fail to see why you felt the need to make the comment that I multi-quoted first but there you go...

Now do you have anything else to add, you know, aside from profanities and aggression?
Maybe you do know more about him that I do, I dont know anything about him, but I do know that he writes inEnglish with Spanish thoughts in his head, he used the word "nail" a banderilla, to mean stab, in the way a Spanish person would, and if he or anyone else claims to be a particular nationality I have no reason to doubt their word.
And if it is not agressive to call someone a fake, I dont know what is.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How do you know the cat isn't looking at you and thnking, "What a plonker"?
Ill get back to you.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
And if it is not agressive to call someone a fake, I dont know what is.
As aggressive as, unprovoked, calling someone an asshole?

Jeez man/woman, try reading the thread and if you want to start a new thread start one, I had to start this one and I did.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:25 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

As aggressive as, unprovoked, calling someone an asshole?

Jeez man/woman, try reading the thread and if you want to start a new thread start one, I had to start this one and I did.
I gave my opinion on what I see as animal cruelty, that is happening now in my homeland, I thought that was what the thread was about.

Just because you dont think bull fighting is cruel, I do and my opinion is just as valid as yours, I dont know much about it and dont want to learn the finer points.
I see, a guy with a cape and pink socks, does a bit of fannying around, lots of blood, guys on horses tormenting the poor animal,bull dies, in a slow painful way, appaluse......applause, ole, ole,
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I gave my opinion on what I see as animal cruelty, that is happening now in my homeland, I thought that was what the thread was about.

Just because you dont think bull fighting is cruel, I do and my opinion is just as valid as yours, I dont know much about it and dont want to learn the finer points.
I see, a guy with a cape and pink socks, does a bit of fannying around, lots of blood, guys on horses tormenting the poor animal,bull dies, in a slow painful way, appaluse......applause, ole, ole,
No no no, you accused me of starting this, and the "fake" boy came on and out of nowhere called me an asshole... then you come on and start swearing...

Its a discussion forum, not a pissing contest, I never once said I don't support your opinion I am just trying to understand a mindset that detests one form of animal cruelty yet sits by and watches as animals are treated like commodities and filth, and yeah, it happens in Spain just as much as it does all over the world...

DISCLAIMER: for the over reactionary people, I am not in any way accusing the Spanish people as a race of anything other than exemplary behavior that is nothing short of that of Mother Theresa, and in no way am I assuming that the English are Better than anyone else, ESPECIALLY the Spanish!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:34 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to note that the Catalan parliament is at present debating a complete ban on "bull-fighting" and a vote is expected tomorrow.
I had been under the impression it already was banned,but maybe that was by various local authorities and not therefore the law of the land.
The vast majority of Catalans are either against the practice or indifferent to it, having got together numerous petitions to stop it over the years.
I also believe its banned or has not taken place in the Canaries for many years.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:42 pm
Banned

No no no, you accused me of starting this, and the "fake" boy came on and out of nowhere called me an asshole... then you come on and start swearing...

Its a discussion forum, not a pissing contest, I never once said I don't support your opinion I am just trying to understand a mindset that detests one form of animal cruelty yet sits by and watches as animals are treated like commodities and filth, and yeah, it happens in Spain just as much as it does all over the world...

DISCLAIMER: for the over reactionary people, I am not in any way accusing the Spanish people as a race of anything other than exemplary behavior that is nothing short of that of Mother Theresa, and in no way am I assuming that the English are Better than anyone else, ESPECIALLY the Spanish!

Hey dont feel you have to put a disclaimer about insulting Spanish people.

Most would agree that bull fighting is cruel, anyway.

Usually animal cruelty is hidden from the general public and also against the law.
And yes, animal cruelty does go on all over the world, but what I find offensive is when a nation glorifies cruelty and calls it an art. As in bull fighting.

And if anyone is against the "sport" they are accused of being ignorant and not knowing or apreciating it and all it entails.

Last edited by JLFS; Dec 17th 2009 at 6:44 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

But like anti-taurine than I am, I will tell you that more coward it is to attack a small fox with a pack of dogs and to dismember alive that to face with an animal of 600 kgs of weight and a extraordinary force that easily can send to you to the grave

Olé, olé y olé

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/1...167210714.html

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 17th 2009 at 6:54 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:02 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Relampago
But like anti-taurine than I am, I will tell you that more coward it is to attack a small fox with a pack of dogs and to dismember alive that to face with an animal of 600 kgs of weight and a extraordinary force that easily can send to you to the grave

Olé, olé y olé

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/1...167210714.html
Ha, nice try mate, but I prefer to kill my foxes from a distance with a high powered rifle.... they die quicker.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, nice try mate, but I prefer to kill my foxes from a distance with a high powered rifle.... they die quicker.
Given the choice, I reckon the bulls would prefer it that way too!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:07 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Given the choice, I reckon the bulls would prefer it that way too!
Yeah but the bulls don't know they are not going to win, they THINK they will right up until the last second, at least they live with hope... thats a very important thing you know.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:13 pm
Banned

Yeah but the bulls don't know they are not going to win, they THINK they will right up until the last second, at least they live with hope... thats a very important thing you know.
I always thought you were an experts in BULL.......

I nominate the above post for the most hilarious on the forum...................priceless.............Dr Dolittle has spoken............

Bull thinks, I will just finish this plonker in the pink socks off, then I can nip back to the field, service a few cows, have a good feed, and next week do it all again............then it all goes wrong............

Last edited by JLFS; Dec 17th 2009 at 7:17 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:19 pm
Straw Man.

I always thought you were an experts in BULL.......

I nominate the above post for the most hilarious on the forum...................priceless.............Dr Dolittle has spoken............

Bull thinks, I will just finish this plonker in the pink socks off, then I can nip back to the field, service a few cows, have a good feed, and next week do it all again............then it all goes wrong............
I handle cattle every day of the week, I own 17 that I am fattening up for market as we speak... now... of the two of us, who, right now is more qualified?

Don't tell me, you were a cow in a previous life?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:22 pm
Banned

I handle cattle every day of the week, I own 17 that I am fattening up for market as we speak... now... of the two of us, who, right now is more qualified?

Don't tell me, you were a cow in a previous life?
Are they virtual cows on a nintendo DS?????????, only asking because for a dyed in the wool, out doorsey, cow poke, kinda guy, you do spend a lot of time in doors on the old expats forum.

So your cows have had first hand conversations with the bulls who are going into the ring, then have they, and they were the ones that told you what the bull in the ring thinks.

I did not know that, I bow to your wisdom.

I think you have confused the forum shouldnt you be on BritishCOWPATS.com

Last edited by JLFS; Dec 17th 2009 at 7:34 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:34 pm
Straw Man.

Are they virtual cows on a nintendo DS?????????, only asking because for a dyed in the wool, out doorsey, cow poke, kinda guy, you do spend a lot of time in doors on the old expats forum.

So your cows have had first hand conversations with the bulls who are going into the ring, then have they, and they were the ones that told you what the bull in the ring thinks.

I did not know that, I bow to your wisdom.
You know I almost laughed then, and I'm sure those on here too scared to say anything will do, but I fail to see what me being on here whenever I want has got to do with the topic. You lot hate the fact that I don't actually have to work don't you?

Now in answer to your really silly point, I am aware that a bull, thats a male cow before you try another HILARIOUS play on words(no seriously, your wit slays me) will fight whatever it wants with no regard for its own safety. The reason it will, as will almost any large horned animal, is that it doesn't have the ability to reason, thats a largely human trait, it means we can look at a situation, asses it, draw from our past experiences and make a judgement based on all of that, while an animal will draw on the last time it fought and pretty much simple animalistic nature, fight or flight, and since a bull who thinks it has the size and strength advantage will always attack then as I said before it will attack and think nothing of the consequences.

Now while I love having a decent discussion if we continue to go down this road of attempting to insult me and draw me into a fight continues then all you will end up doing is showing yourself up... just like when you implied that I was rude to Fake boy and not the other way around... where is that apology by the way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.