Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Age of Consent In Spain

Age of Consent In Spain

Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:32 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age of Consent In Spain

OK, let's go back to the WHOLE post that has caused this.

Originally Posted by cricketman
Adults dont have sex with 13 year olds in Spain. It doesnt happen (you may find a few cases in the media over the past 10 years if you look carefully!). The media are not obsessed with paedophiles and parents generally arent afraid to let their children play outside, or their teenagers to go on nights out when they are 14/15.
When I was working in the UK I often dealt with families where paedophiles had been involved and several of these perpetrators were Spanish and could see nothing wrong with having sex with the underaged or with family members. So does this mean that it is more hushed up in Spain, is it seen as somehow "normal", or what is the reasoning behind the fact that as you said the media is not obsessed by it.

Rosemary

OK. Cman says "Adults dont have sex with 13 year olds in Spain. It doesnt happen "

So here we have the scene set, and it is about what happens IN SPAIN.

Rosemary then says she has known Spanish paedos (this is surely to contradict what Cman has said) who see nothing wrong in what they do.

She then asks a triple QUESTION. " (1) So does this mean that it is more hushed up in Spain, (2) is it seen as somehow "normal", or (3) what is the reasoning behind the fact that as you said the media is not obsessed by it.

Now to me, as I have said, this is a question about Spain, and about sexual relations between adults and children.

Had this not been specifically about Spain, JLFS would be right to feel that Spain was being picked out. However, Cman set the scene IN SPAIN, so as her post was directly to that, she can't be accused of any wrong doing.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:36 am
Just Joined

MickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to all

Originally Posted by goaty

where paedophiles had been involved and several of these perpetrators were Spanish and could see nothing wrong with having sex with the underaged or with family members

I don't believe a word anyway, I'd like to hear just how many and it what circumstances the poster worked with paedophiles. How many Spanish paedophiles did you work with in the UK? Their families must have been there too. Of course they all admitted their guilt to you and saw nothing wrong with having sex with family or underaged children.

Me thinks you're living in a fantasy world to score a ridiculous brownie point on an internet forum.
Paedophilia and incest are truly repulsive topics which provoke a lot of anger, much of it misdirected.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
OK, let's go back to the WHOLE post that has caused this.

Originally Posted by cricketman
Adults dont have sex with 13 year olds in Spain. It doesnt happen (you may find a few cases in the media over the past 10 years if you look carefully!). The media are not obsessed with paedophiles and parents generally arent afraid to let their children play outside, or their teenagers to go on nights out when they are 14/15.
and Rosemary replied
When I was working in the UK I often dealt with families where paedophiles had been involved and several of these perpetrators were Spanish and could see nothing wrong with having sex with the underaged or with family members. So does this mean that it is more hushed up in Spain, is it seen as somehow "normal", or what is the reasoning behind the fact that as you said the media is not obsessed by it.

Rosemary

OK. Cman says "Adults dont have sex with 13 year olds in Spain. It doesnt happen "

So here we have the scene set, and it is about what happens IN SPAIN.

Rosemary then says she has known Spanish paedos (this is surely to contradict what Cman has said) who see nothing wrong in what they do.

She then asks a triple QUESTION. " (1) So does this mean that it is more hushed up in Spain, (2) is it seen as somehow "normal", or (3) what is the reasoning behind the fact that as you said the media is not obsessed by it.

Now to me, as I have said, this is a question about Spain, and about sexual relations between adults and children.

Had this not been specifically about Spain, JLFS would be right to feel that Spain was being picked out. However, Cman set the scene IN SPAIN, so as her post was directly to that, she can't be accused of any wrong doing.
oh ffs I'm agreeing with you again

and I think I sorted out the quotes too
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:38 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MickeyTong
Paedophilia and incest are truly repulsive topics which provoke a lot of anger, much of it misdirected.
Good point. It doesn't help, does it?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:41 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
oh ffs I'm agreeing with you again

and I think I sorted out the quotes too
Thanks. Those quotes drive me mad at times.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

A reminder

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709229
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

MickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JLFS
I would presume anyone who has had a job dealing with sensetive issues, such as this, is usually well versed and very vigilant in the language and phrasing they use, because if anything is misunderstood, it could lead to a whole lot of trouble in their professional life.
I spent a couple of years working specifically with adults who had been sexually abused when they were children. I still regularly meet such people in my work (my work now involves a variety of sensitive issues).

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts under extremely difficult circumstances, I have never been 100% right 100% of the time, day after day after day....

The issues involved are seriously complex and have no easy resolution, and certainly no ideal resolution. An internet forum is not the best venue for discussing the topic - even very long posts are too brief and the written word misses important things like tone of voice and facial expression. In real life you can see if someone has misinterpreted what you have said, and you can immediately rescue the situation (but not 100% of the time).

Me, I'm very careful about my phrasing, because I'm sensitive to other people's needs and because when the sh1t hits the fan the first thing it splatters is my face. For some of us, "trouble" is our professional life.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Thanks. Those quotes drive me mad at times.
I've gone back and sorted them. Someone misses off one of the closing tags and then the next thing we know no one knows what anyone else is saying .... oh hang on that's business as usual then
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I've gone back and sorted them. Someone misses off one of the closing tags and then the next thing we know no one knows what anyone else is saying .... oh hang on that's business as usual then
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:30 pm
bil
Banned

Just seen on the news that they have broken a paedophile network of some 70,000 members.

It's one of the very few crimes for which I would advocate imprisonment without parole or end for a second offence, if not the first.

It's like some kind of disgusting communicable infection, and if jail ever had a purpose, it would be to quarantine the rest of us from it.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:35 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...they need waterboarding
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Just seen on the news that they have broken a paedophile network of some 70,000 members.
Apparently they have made 7 arrests in Spain and identified another 9 suspects.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

It's one of the very few crimes for which I would advocate imprisonment without parole or end for a second offence, if not the first.

It's like some kind of disgusting communicable infection, and if jail ever had a purpose, it would be to quarantine the rest of us from it.
Its the only crime that is is impossible to have an acceptable excuse for ,theft somtimes can be acceptable if its to feed your family ,murder if some one is threatening the life of you or your family and so on but there is never an acceptable excuse for paedophilia , a second conviction should equal execution in my book.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:03 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Rotor
Its the only crime that is is impossible to have an acceptable excuse for ,theft somtimes can be acceptable if its to feed your family ,murder if some one is threatening the life of you or your family and so on but there is never an acceptable excuse for paedophilia , a second conviction should equal execution in my book.
I don't like the death penalty, for fear of getting things wrong, otherwise I would cheerfully advocate it for the first offence. Why not?

One correction. Murder is never excuseable, as by definition it is killing someone for no good purpose, and deliberately.

That's why there are crimes of manslaughter and justifiable homicide/self defence
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Apparently they have made 7 arrests in Spain and identified another 9 suspects.
121 arrests in the UK It's horrifying to think there are that many involved, in any country...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12762333

At least we can now praise the police for breaking this thing up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.