Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Age of Consent In Spain

Age of Consent In Spain

Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age of Consent In Spain

The "I guess there are no social workers/ police /SOCO in your circle of very sucessful middle class friends. " was posted by me and meant for Cricketman.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cricketman
Well, maybe that is the thing, as JLFS has pointed out before I dont know any cleaners. My friends and family are very middle class. What you describe is shocking to my OH, I just told her

I find it shocking that someone (you CM) writes that you are in the top 5% income bracket of both Spain and UK and doesnt have a cleaner.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
I find it shocking that someone (you CM) writes that you are in the top 5% income bracket of both Spain and UK and doesnt have a cleaner.
No my wife doesnt like them, always complains they are no good

When we lived in London the subject of cleaners came up. I was sat with my football team which had an average age of 26 at the time, and I was the only one who didnt have a cleaner. I find them pointless in London when most people have such a small flat, but still each to their own!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:21 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Having a cleaner is one of the main aspirations for spanish families. Comes after the TV and car. It is a way of showing the neighbours they are doing well. It is the same in most South American countries too.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Having a cleaner is one of the main aspirations for spanish families. Comes after the TV and car. It is a way of showing the neighbours they are doing well. It is the same in most South American countries too.
By OH was brought up with a live-in nanny/cleaner, a "chica" who lived in the spare room. I think she was uncomfortable with this at the time which contributes to her aversion to it now.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cricketman
By OH was brought up with a live-in nanny/cleaner, a "chica" who lived in the spare room. I think she was uncomfortable with this at the time which contributes to her aversion to it now.
Cant stop laughing at the rubbish you write.

What man on such an income would allow his wife to do the chores? He would be held to ridicule as a mean person and she to be derided as a skivvy.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:17 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

What man on such an income would allow his wife to do the chores? He would be held to ridicule as a mean person and she to be derided as a skivvy.
Quite a few, it was once said that Rosalia Mera did her own cleaning and looked after her children herself, while her hubby attended to his little business.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:33 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Just like in the UK it depends on the family. What tends to be more important for a lot of families is having the summer retreat in either the mountains or on the beach. I think the obsession with expensive brand clothing is more prevalent as a way of impressing the neighbours. In the UK I know well-to-do people who insist on having a cleaner and/or nanny; others rely on dishwashers/the Dyson etc and do it themselves.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think he dose all day between posting here, dusting and ironing of course
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:20 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that a true partnership meant that the husband would allow her to have the choice? Or should he tell her that this is what she must do?

Some of our Spanish friends laugh at the fact that I do the cooking. Am I supposed to care?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
I thought that a true partnership meant that the husband would allow her to have the choice? Or should he tell her that this is what she must do?

Some of our Spanish friends laugh at the fact that I do the cooking. Am I supposed to care?
I do the cooking in our house as I like tasty food
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Looks like between us we have messed up the "quote" bit. Do not know how to sort it, maybe you do.

Rosemary
Rosemary the quotes went diddly because you edited a quote and cut off the end of quote tags [ /QUOTE]
Always leave the start and end tags or it will happen every time.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I do the cooking in our house as I like tasty food
Exactly. A partnership should be based on a fair division of work, and what those people want, not some distorted view that someone else might have.

I can understand that some people want all the status symbols possible, but at the end of the day, I suspect that such people are less than happy, and to conclude, whoever dies with the most toys is still as dead as any pauper.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Oddities
[

When I was working in the UK I often dealt with families where paedophiles had been involved and several of these perpetrators were Spanish and could see nothing wrong with having sex with the underaged or with family members. So does this mean that it is more hushed up in Spain, is it seen as somehow "normal", or what is the reasoning behind the fact that as you said the media is not obsessed by it.

Rosemary

what a crock, do you seriously think anyone will believe that.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:49 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities;When I was working in the UK I often dealt with families where paedophiles had been involved and several of these perpetrators were Spanish and could see nothing wrong with having sex with the underaged or with family members. So does this mean that it is more hushed up in [COLOR="Red"
Spain, is it seen as somehow "normal",[/COLOR] or what is the reasoning behind the fact that as you said the media is not obsessed by it.

Rosemary
Are you for real, no wonder -goaty and -Cman are gobsmacked as well, you realy are an oddity and live up to your name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.