Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Worst Film You've Ever Seen

Worst Film You've Ever Seen

Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:41 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst Film You've Ever Seen

Originally Posted by The Dean
Car Wash.

[I for one can remember the 1970s]
I can't remember the 70's, and I was there
Old Dec 19th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Empire magazine, the best film magazine of all, has just done its "500 Definitive All-Time Classics", based on the premise of the number of films they think deserve five stars (out of five). [There are 500, see?]

There's also a list of ONE-star films (their worst grade) featuring actors/directors/etc who had previously been in 5-star films (if you follow me).

So:
Male: Eddie Murphy (Golden Child, Harlem Nights, Daddy Day Camp, Pluto Nash, Meet Dave, Norbit)
Female: Jennifer Lopez (Money Train, Angel Eyes, Gigli)
Director: Aaron Seltzer/Jason Friedberg (Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie, Vampires Suck)
Sequels: (Babe: Pig in the City, Alien: Resurrection, Big Momma's House 2)

Some serious turkeys in there..............
Old Dec 19th 2010, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

And in fact, I've found Empire's Readers Poll of "Worst 50 Of All Time"

http://www.empireonline.com/features...t-movies-ever/

No. 1: Batman and Robin...............
Old Dec 19th 2010, 9:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Babe: Pig In The City was a highly entertaining movie for all the family.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Babe: Pig In The City was a highly entertaining movie for all the family.
..... and seriously crap compared to the charming and oddly moving original............

Last edited by The Dean; Dec 19th 2010 at 10:17 am. Reason: ing
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:09 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Con Air again last night. Yep, gotta be up there with the rest.

"PUT THE BUNNY BACK IN THE BOX"
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

"Trust you? There's only two people I trust - one is me, and the other's not you......"
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:07 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Broken Arrow.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could I just revive this thread to point out that I 'managed' to see TWO of the worst films of all time last night - yes, both on the same night

"The Vintner's Luck".

"Timeline". [this one was particularly awful, with a rescue party going back through time to 14th-century France to rescue Billy Connolly. The careers of Gerald Butler, Michael Sheen, Frances O'Connor and Connolly himself somehow survived being in this..........]

I managed a total of about 45 minutes of the two movies combined.........
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

..... and seriously crap compared to the charming and oddly moving original............
'that'll do pig, that'll do'.

Brilliant.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

yeah I saw it as well, good stuff.

And am I the only person on the planey who liked 'Hudson Hawk'?

To be fair I'm a big bruce willis fan, 'the last boyscout' is one of my favourite films.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Could I just revive this thread to point out that I 'managed' to see TWO of the worst films of all time last night - yes, both on the same night

"The Vintner's Luck".

"Timeline". [this one was particularly awful, with a rescue party going back through time to 14th-century France to rescue Billy Connolly. The careers of Gerald Butler, Michael Sheen, Frances O'Connor and Connolly himself somehow survived being in this..........]

I managed a total of about 45 minutes of the two movies combined.........
Michael Sheen is great, I love him.

HE is tremendous is 'Tron 2'
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Predators - with an "s". Not a patch on the original Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, a very weak film and plot is really bad. Acting dreadful and ending is really pooh.

Spugsy, Kittycat1 you were both there. What did you think?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:58 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Predators - with an "s". Not a patch on the original Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, a very weak film and plot is really bad. Acting dreadful and ending is really pooh.

Spugsy, Kittycat1 you were both there. What did you think?
I love those films, they're great.

Watched 'Moon' the other night, very weird and pretty bloody good.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I love those films, they're great.

Watched 'Moon' the other night, very weird and pretty bloody good.
Yeah, I normally really like them too. I just thought this one was very bad. Or maybe I was expecting too much from it, don't know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.