British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Worst Film You've Ever Seen (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/worst-film-youve-ever-seen-695290/)

Bahtatboy Nov 30th 2010 8:48 am

Worst Film You've Ever Seen

I caught all bar the beginning of Tennessee Nights last night--God alone knows why I watched it through to the end (probably just because of Stacey Dash, but I think actually it was a sort of morbid fascination to see if it could possibly get any worse: it couldn't but somehow it did).

Apart from some stage performances I've seen (expat amateur dramatic society in Japan trying to do The Cherry Orchard, and virtually any Japanese operatic society try to act as well as sing--they can sing ok, but jeez the acting's dire), I think that film has the worst acting I've ever seen. And its got Rod Steiger and Johnny Cash in it, but even they failed to move it beyond redemption.

Apart from Stacey Dash getting her kacks off, unbelievably bad.

weasel central Nov 30th 2010 8:56 am

Re: Worst Film You've Ever Seen

there was a film I saw on a plane trip, called either Driven or Driver or something like that, I have never seen it broadcast anywhere else.

it was slyvester stallone as a formula one driver, it really was the worst shit I have ever seen. I could go into detail but it was just amazingly bad all over.

normally i would have walked out but I was at 30,000 feet at the time.

Millhouse Nov 30th 2010 11:09 am

I wasn't able to finish Doubt the other night. Excellent acting etc etc, but just so slow and dull.

Not the worst ever, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Ethos83 Nov 30th 2010 11:36 am

Anything by the Coen brothers.

I saw one of their early films not long ago. It featured a woman who only got off when someone, err, had his brains and gore splattered all over her.

I had never seen anything that made me so revulsed and angry.

And yep, rented it here in Dubai, courtesy of the local video store.

Blue Cat Nov 30th 2010 11:43 am

High School Musical

PaddyUlsterman Nov 30th 2010 11:55 am

Blair Witch Project, utter rubbish.

Boomhauer Nov 30th 2010 2:29 pm

Transformers 2, Revenge of the Fallen.

Michael Bay is a blight on humanity.

ctfc Nov 30th 2010 2:42 pm

Robin Hood - the recent one with Russell Crowe was just absolute sh1te

lionheart Nov 30th 2010 3:00 pm

Tropic Thunder was pretty awful

Hello.Kitty Nov 30th 2010 5:00 pm

Well, until the other day, I thought Deep Impact was just too dire for words - trailer looked good, so Mr Kitty and I paid good money to see it at the cinema. Gawd, talk about implausible: "oh no, I don't want to be saved from certain death because I can't leave my parents " -> /smack! and the end scene when they're riding a motorbike through the huge traffic jam of people waiting for certain death... gosh, if I'd have been in that queue and seen them coming, it's be a surprise door opening, kick to the groin and rev it up, baby!

Anyhow, we happened to catch The New World (something like that - about Pocahontas) and that was just so incredibly duuuuuullll I decided to tidy the computer desk instead.

Victor Meldrew Nov 30th 2010 5:13 pm

Old ones I am afraid,

Sophies choice
Last Man Standing

Perhaps it should be:
name films you have half seen (ie so bad you didnt finish them)

These 2 come into that category.

hnd Nov 30th 2010 8:12 pm

Syriana - if that's the right name? Had some guy called Clooney in it if I remember? We were both asleep about 20 minutes in and that was watching it at home on dvd. Said dvd was binned ages ago, along with another one starring Kristin Scott Thomas (only remember her name from 4 Weddings & a Funeral - or was it 3 Weddings, can't remember that either) something about a plane crash in Africa maybe or am I thinking of something else equally unmemorable?

Kim67 Nov 30th 2010 11:32 pm

Seen some real crap in my time, but most recent on the crap list are The Human Centipede and Sex and The City 2 (I'm not a fan anyway but tried to watch it because everyone was telling me about how funny I would find it after living in the UAE).

The Dean Dec 1st 2010 1:53 am

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 9013323)
Syriana - if that's the right name? Had some guy called Clooney in it if I remember? We were both asleep about 20 minutes in and that was watching it at home on dvd. Said dvd was binned ages ago, along with another one starring Kristin Scott Thomas (only remember her name from 4 Weddings & a Funeral - or was it 3 Weddings, can't remember that either) something about a plane crash in Africa maybe or am I thinking of something else equally unmemorable?

You are not allowed to knock 'Syriana'.

True, it was a weak film, but it had Amanda Peet in it, which makes it 'Very Good Indeed'.

tonrob Dec 1st 2010 2:35 am

Hudson Hawk. Shite.