RIP Amy Winehouse

Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by Scamp
Quitting anything has to be at your call. You have to WANT to do it. If you don't, the best rehab places in the world can't help you.
You know this from first hand experience I expect?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
You know this from first hand experience I expect?
I do, if you don't want to do it, rebab won't work.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Your mate died and you have no sympathy for him?

Christ, remind me not to become mates with you in the future.
If I could tell him again (which I did) then I'd say this all to him. He killed himself over many years.

I feel sorry him that he couldn't help himself, he was pushed to rehab and pushed to move in with his parents again but nothing would have helped fix it unless he instigated it or wanted it.

I understand where you're coming from but it's an excuse. If I told you that you'll die unless you change something and you don't do anything about it or seek help to change it (whatever that help might be) then it's nobodies fault but yours. You can't be helped unless you help yourself, and I don't see any excuses. If you don't help yourself because you are addicted, then you don't want to be helped. If you want to no longer have an addiction then you seek help.

And yes, as I've posted already I've seen this first hand.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why does everyone on this thread have friends who are, or were, smack addicts?

I feel left out - my liberal mates are only do dope and maybe a bit of coke from time to time - they seem so uncool by comparison.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

petrolhead13 will become famous soon enoughpetrolhead13 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Scamp;9516890]She needed help, no doubting that but you've got to help yourself before anyone can have an influence. If you don't value your life enough to look after yourself, help yourself or fix your issues then I don't understand why sympathy should be thrown your way when you die.

As far as her talents go, it's criminal, such a waste. Yes, she only made one amazing album but had the potential to make dozens.

It's a shame that a life is lost because it's the most precious thing, but I can't feel sorry for her or parade her as a lost hero because frankly, she killed herself.[/QUOTE]

http://www.channel4.com/news/amy-win...ortem-date-due

Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

[QUOTE=petrolhead13;9519672]
Originally Posted by Scamp
She needed help, no doubting that but you've got to help yourself before anyone can have an influence. If you don't value your life enough to look after yourself, help yourself or fix your issues then I don't understand why sympathy should be thrown your way when you die.

As far as her talents go, it's criminal, such a waste. Yes, she only made one amazing album but had the potential to make dozens.

It's a shame that a life is lost because it's the most precious thing, but I can't feel sorry for her or parade her as a lost hero because frankly, she killed herself.[/QUOTE]

http://www.channel4.com/news/amy-win...ortem-date-due

"The force said it awaited the results of further toxicology tests, the results of which are not expected before 2 to 4 weeks"
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

'Amy was the greatest daughter, family member and friend you could ever have.

I will talk a lot about her fantastic recovery. Recently Amy found love with Reg. He helped her with her problems and Amy was looking forward to their future together.

She was the happiest she has been for years. We all remember that great night at the 100 Club on Oxford Street, her voice was good, her wit and timing were perfect.

She told me that she had "thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed herself".
The last time she called me she had found a box of old family photos and called me to go over to look. We spoke three times a day at least, she was very excited.

Three years ago, Amy conquered her drug dependency, the doctors said it was impossible but she really did it. She was trying hard to deal with her drinking and had just completed three weeks of abstinence.

Mitch's eulogy to Amy, is he blind?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
'Amy was the greatest daughter, family member and friend you could ever have.

I will talk a lot about her fantastic recovery. Recently Amy found love with Reg. He helped her with her problems and Amy was looking forward to their future together.

She was the happiest she has been for years. We all remember that great night at the 100 Club on Oxford Street, her voice was good, her wit and timing were perfect.

She told me that she had "thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed herself".
The last time she called me she had found a box of old family photos and called me to go over to look. We spoke three times a day at least, she was very excited.

Three years ago, Amy conquered her drug dependency, the doctors said it was impossible but she really did it. She was trying hard to deal with her drinking and had just completed three weeks of abstinence.

Mitch's eulogy to Amy, is he blind?
He's probably referring to heroin as her known dependant drug , he probably doesn't want to think about the Cocaine , Ketamine , Valium , Diazapam , Methadone , Amphetamines , Ecstasy and Weed she was banging on a daily basis .

Anyone could see in that last clip of the abandoned concert in Europe that she was absolutely smashed to bits , only Class A's do that to a person and an awful lot of them as well.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by co durham boy
He's probably referring to heroin as her known dependant drug , he probably doesn't want to think about the Cocaine , Ketamine , Valium , Diazapam , Methadone , Amphetamines , Ecstasy and Weed she was banging on a daily basis .

Anyone could see in that last clip of the abandoned concert in Europe that she was absolutely smashed to bits , only Class A's do that to a person.
rose coloured glasses, and not had a drink for three weeks?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
rose coloured glasses, and not had a drink for three weeks?
I feel sorry for her parents and family but i've little sympathy with her , there's far too much written and spouted about it.

If it was some kid from a council sink estate no one would give a toss and they'd be saying she'd better off in the ground.

I don't buy the argument that dependency is a disease but that's just my opinion .
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Looked like a good send-off though............. lots of yarmulkes and kippahs.... very Jewish..........
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Looked like a good send-off though............. lots of yarmulkes and kippahs.... very Jewish..........

Bit late though. Ought to have been within 24 hours. Apparently her family are sitting Shiva.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
A yarmulke and kippah is the same thing!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
So what?

Anyway.................. "What It Is" by the lady herself seems appropriate......

I can see you ahead of me
But I'm not always forward thinkin'
I tell you what you want to hear
It depends on what I've been drinkin'

Cause everything I do or say
Makes it hard for you to stay
We both know What it is

Nowadays we talk too much
Like your forgetting all the good shit
You decide what's wrong with me
I always used to let you say

But now I like to think out loud
Your runnin' with some different crowd
We both know what it is

I don't know you anymore
Supposed 2 be the man
That I live my life by
And your attitude become a bore
And I'm so tired I cant even cry

Mr Ultra sensitive
Ill never let myself forget you
Messed each other up you know
So I'm sorry if I upset you

tomorrow is another day
So I'll call you cause that's OK
We both know what it is

I don't know you anymore
Supposed to be the man
That I live my life by
And you're attitude become a bore
And I'm so Tired
I can't even cry

Relationship doesn't remain
We resonate on different flames
I could cut you down again
If you were like all other men
If you were like all other men
I know that I could shut you down again
But my friend, but my friend

I don't know you anymore
Supposed to be the man
That I live my life by

I don't know you anymore
Supposed to be the man
That I live my life by
Old Jul 27th 2011, 11:10 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
The Dean is a gentile...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.