RIP Amy Winehouse

Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Amy has her own thread...I didn't even see one on Norway yet.

N.
I've been thinking about why there are so many comments about the death of one person, compared to nearly 100 in Norway. I think that it is easier for people to relate to the death on one famous person in their own country, compared to a tragedy that happened in a foreign country.

The shocking events in Norway should be the lead news story, but isn't and won't be for many paper, TV channels and individuals. but that sadly is the way of the world - celebrity obsessed and insular.

Regarding the Norwegian mass murderer: how can be even being to understand the mind of anyone who does such a thing? It isn't rational. I can't imagine the terror of those poor youngsters
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

and now a FB fan page for her http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Am...79374468796498
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:38 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I think this article is sums up what Amy meant to some people.

I didn’t grow up with a Billie Holiday or a Sarah Vaughan. I had an ordinary looking Barnet girl, complete with trademark cat flick eyeliner, door-knocker earrings, the patter of a London cabbie and a voice that spoke to me better than any eye-candy warbling through a vocoder ever could

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/people/...of-a-songbird/
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I think this article is sums up what Amy meant to some people.

I didn’t grow up with a Billie Holiday or a Sarah Vaughan. I had an ordinary looking Barnet girl, complete with trademark cat flick eyeliner, door-knocker earrings, the patter of a London cabbie and a voice that spoke to me better than any eye-candy warbling through a vocoder ever could

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/people/...of-a-songbird/
Beautiful prose........... but you don't have to go back as far as Holliday/Vaughan to put Winehouse in perspective - surely the writer of that tribute can attest to hearing Aretha or Roberta?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Amy has her own thread...I didn't even see one on Norway yet....
...because he was an ethnic Norwegian and someone who holds liberal right views and not a Muslim i.e. terrorist. So why bother with a thread, we don’t care about Nazi's. Islam bashing and celebrities are more important and fun. It’s funny how the news headlines changed from “Norway under attack” – “Al-Qaeda Struck again” - “ Norway’s soft immigration policy, the real reason behind attacks” to “Massacre in Norway”. At least it’s comforting to know that our media is not run by right-wing extremists

Anyway it’s a dreadful incident.

If he hates left wing governance and immigrants why did he kill kids, mostly of his own race??
So an ethnic cleansing/massacre would have been acceptable
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by sherri
...because he was an ethnic Norwegian and someone who holds liberal right views and not a Muslim i.e. terrorist. So why bother with a thread, we don’t care about Nazi's. Islam bashing and celebrities are more important and fun. It’s funny how the news headlines changed from “Norway under attack” – “Al-Qaeda Struck again” - “ Norway’s soft immigration policy, the real reason behind attacks” to “Massacre in Norway”. At least it’s comforting to know that our media is not run by right-wing extremists

Anyway it’s a dreadful incident.

So an ethnic cleansing/massacre would have been acceptable
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Agree, I understand why, but just find it strange that folk seem to be more interested in it than anything else that's happening.

Hey, such is, waste of talent.
Because for some of us we have an emotional link. I've likedher for ages, saw her play here and if you go back a bit and find the thread even though it was a waste of of money I fought her corner and said she needed help.

Now she's dead.

It's nowhere near as bad as what's happened in Norway but I mention her on Twitter and Facebook because of the link and because I'm a fan.

Surely this is obvious for anyone to see?

And can I just say I hate people who put 'RIP blah blah my thoughts are with their families and friends'. Why? You don't know them, don't be so stupid.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:54 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I've been thinking about why there are so many comments about the death of one person, compared to nearly 100 in Norway. I think that it is easier for people to relate to the death on one famous person in their own country, compared to a tragedy that happened in a foreign country.

The shocking events in Norway should be the lead news story, but isn't and won't be for many paper, TV channels and individuals. but that sadly is the way of the world - celebrity obsessed and insular.

Regarding the Norwegian mass murderer: how can be even being to understand the mind of anyone who does such a thing? It isn't rational. I can't imagine the terror of those poor youngsters
Quite horrifying the whole thing, apparently he had been in touch with the EDL in the UK and a few other ring wing groups.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:55 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Awful, I hate all that as well.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:48 pm

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Because for some of us we have an emotional link. I've likedher for ages, saw her play here and if you go back a bit and find the thread even though it was a waste of of money I fought her corner and said she needed help.

Now she's dead.

It's nowhere near as bad as what's happened in Norway but I mention her on Twitter and Facebook because of the link and because I'm a fan.

Surely this is obvious for anyone to see?

And can I just say I hate people who put 'RIP blah blah my thoughts are with their families and friends'. Why? You don't know them, don't be so stupid.
Given the rest of your post this is a strange thing to say. Maybe others feel an "emotional" link as well (I am not one of them), but they aren't quite as eloquent as you. And you "hate" these people? Did you know her any better than them?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
it’s my time to whinge
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:37 pm

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sherri
it’s my time to whinge
I guess its confused the hell out of the so called 'culturalists'. What a sad world we live in.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:43 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

No mater what the circumstances no parent should loose a sibling
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:10 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

It's a lie. She's not dead.

They drew a white line around her body and she jumped up and snorted it.

(That's a joke by the way.)
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:12 pm