Wikiposts

RIP Amy Winehouse

Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Amy Winehouse

Dean it's called an addiction for a reason!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
What are you talking about?

I was simply using that quote to illustrate the point that she knew she had a fight on her hands to beat her addiction(s). I'm not disagreeing with you......
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
The worst ones are, in my view, the poor Russians who can't afford Heroin and are injecting the home brew - Krokodil

That's real nasty stuff.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
And quite a sweet one by Russel Brand:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011...inehouse-woman
that is superb, shared to FB
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My opinion is not pathetic. Because it doesn't agree with yours does not make it wrong.

I lost a mate to this exact reason. He was told he wouldn't make 35 if he didn't stop, he died at 31. I have very little sympathy for him, his parents did all they could to get him back on track and thought he was until it killed him and they realised how much he hid from them.

He didn't want to help himself and that's a tragic and complete waste of life. I feel for his family and his Dad especially, but he couldn't be helped unless he wanted to help himself.

This is a similar situation in my opinion, she couldn't be helped because she didn't want to be and it's a complete waste of an amazing talent.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
My opinion is not pathetic. Because it doesn't agree with yours does not make it wrong.

I lost a mate to this exact reason. He was told he wouldn't make 35 if he didn't stop, he died at 31. I have very little sympathy for him, his parents did all they could to get him back on track and thought he was until it killed him and they realised how much he hid from them.

He didn't want to help himself and that's a tragic and complete waste of life. I feel for his family and his Dad especially, but he couldn't be helped unless he wanted to help himself.

This is a similar situation in my opinion, she couldn't be helped because she didn't want to be and it's a complete waste of an amazing talent.
it's easy to sit in judgement and trust me I have been in situations like this but not quite as bad, nearly lost a family member to alcoholism. Amy was in my opinion on a downward spiral, only SHE could do something about it. Very sad for all who loved her but I am sure even they weren't surprised to get the call
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why does everyone on this thread have friends who are, or were, smack addicts?

I feel left out - my liberal mates are only do dope and maybe a bit of coke from time to time - they seem so uncool by comparison.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's easy to sit in judgement and trust me I have been in situations like this but not quite as bad, nearly lost a family member to alcoholism. Amy was in my opinion on a downward spiral, only SHE could do something about it. Very sad for all who loved her but I am sure even they weren't surprised to get the call
I agree completely. That's what I'm saying. It's on her to sort it out, she wasn't thick and must have known the possible outcome of that sort of lifestyle.

As I said, with this guy, he was told black and white what will happen if he didn't change. But he didn't and it destroyed his family.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:35 pm
Concierge

I agree completely. That's what I'm saying. It's on her to sort it out, she wasn't thick and must have known the possible outcome of that sort of lifestyle.

As I said, with this guy, he was told black and white what will happen if he didn't change. But he didn't and it destroyed his family.
whilst it is as Russell Brand said cheaper to send someone to rehab than jail, the reality is that there are few places available for rehab, Amy had tried to help and had various visits to The Priory at her expense. I think what she really needed was someone strong in her life to really lay the law down with her, be with her 24/7 and insist she was not allowed to leave rehab.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly - see my quote.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
Exactly - see my quote.
must have missed that earlier, regardless of how anyone feels the girl is dead, there will be plenty sitting wondering if they could have done more, I have never had much respect for her Father I have to say
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:49 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Interesting points, but don't forget her most famous quote:

"I don't need help, because if I can't help myself, I can't be helped"
Most likely said when pissed or off her face.

I rest my case.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

whilst it is as Russell Brand said cheaper to send someone to rehab than jail, the reality is that there are few places available for rehab, Amy had tried to help and had various visits to The Priory at her expense. I think what she really needed was someone strong in her life to really lay the law down with her, be with her 24/7 and insist she was not allowed to leave rehab.
Quitting anything has to be at your call. You have to WANT to do it. If you don't, the best rehab places in the world can't help you.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Your mate died and you have no sympathy for him?

Christ, remind me not to become mates with you in the future.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

He didn't because he was addicted, how can't you possibly see this Scamp?

Did you not read about George Best in the boozer a month after getting his new kidney? He knew he would kill himself and he had a lot to live for, but he couldn't stop because he had an alcohol addiction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.