British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Right you lot........ your best management skills please....... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/right-you-lot-your-best-management-skills-please-803048/)

weasel decentral Jul 16th 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Just tell him out straight and don't be embarrassed or awkward with him, it's a simple request. If I was stinking up the joint unaware I would appreciate if someone let me know the problem.

kittycat1 Jul 16th 2013 4:52 pm

am i the only person that has no idea how stinky people don't realise they are stinky? On the odd occasion I forget to put on deodorant I am sniffing my pits all day to make sure I'm not stinking out the office....

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:08 pm

OK so we have sorted out Deans department, now I have a similar issue. As Dean knows I run a professional sales team that goes out to visit very high value professional clients ( no I don't work for DeFear or Localeye or any of that lot, its B2B).

Anyways, the majority of my sales team are Muslim from various countries and its Ramadan. I have been conducting one on ones with the team members all week and ..... Well... Halitosis is far too polite a word for the gut wrenching stinks that I am literally faced with on an hourly basis.

How the hell do I deal with this? I can't exactly gift them a box of mints or high powered chewing gum at this time of year. Anyone know of something that can tidy hem up without it being offensive to their religion?

kittycat1 Jul 16th 2013 5:14 pm

Shed- sack them all?- give them office based jobs for the month?

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:17 pm

As Managers or whatever you both are supervising people ?...don't you already know how to or ever been taught what to say to people to deal with these situations ?

...hmmm.... clearly not or you wouldn't be asking.....

Just curious :zzz:

Just had a situation with my Housemaid......no other way to ask her not to walk around the house in her skimpy PJ's in front of my Husband and teenage son other than to tell her that PJ's of that nature are for sleeping in and that's its inappropriate to walk around like that in front of the men folk and to go and get changed or stay in her room.

I just KNOW that when me and the boys leave for the Uk next month she's going to try and bone my Husband !!!

You could apply some of that to sweaty pits and smelly breath ??? :eek:

kittycat1 Jul 16th 2013 5:19 pm

Poshy- oo are you going to install maidcams?

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:20 pm

No.... I actually don't care..............:eek:

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10803284)
Shed- sack them all?- give them office based jobs for the month?

Interesting idea KC, but two small flaws.

1. If I sack them all someone like Scamps firm will charge me a fortune to replace them.

2. Our customers don't walk in off the street, we have to go and see them on a regular basis as our average sales cycle can be up to 12 months.

Thanks for the ideas though

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10803291)
Poshy- oo are you going to install maidcams?

Don't pay for maid cams. Leave a laptop on some where unobtrusive but capturing the action. Use www.logmein.com and record the evidence

Is there a devil smiley somewhere?

weasel decentral Jul 16th 2013 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803287)
A
I just KNOW that when me and the boys leave for the Uk next month she's going to try and bone my Husband !!!

It is usually the male who bones, the boner so to speak, she will be the recipient of said bone, the bonee.

kittycat1 Jul 16th 2013 5:26 pm

:demon::demon::devil_smile::devil_smile:

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10803306)
It is usually the males who bones, the boner so to speak, she will be the recipient of said bone, the bonee.

You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid :blink:

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:28 pm

I'm joking, shes a cute wee thing really, it's just the Moustache :blink:

weasel decentral Jul 16th 2013 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 10803280)
OK so we have sorted out Deans department, now I have a similar issue. As Dean knows I run a professional sales team that goes out to visit very high value professional clients ( no I don't work for DeFear or Localeye or any of that lot, its B2B).

Anyways, the majority of my sales team are Muslim from various countries and its Ramadan. I have been conducting one on ones with the team members all week and ..... Well... Halitosis is far too polite a word for the gut wrenching stinks that I am literally faced with on an hourly basis.

How the hell do I deal with this? I can't exactly gift them a box of mints or high powered chewing gum at this time of year. Anyone know of something that can tidy hem up without it being offensive to their religion?

I don't think having bad breath is mandatory as a muslim, but if your sales guys are visiting other muslim operated businesses perhaps there is no problem.

You might have to just tolerate it yourself personally, or have a non fasters deal with the other businesses.
I am working with plenty of muslim guys who don't fast.

weasel decentral Jul 16th 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803312)
You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid :blink:

No I haven't but I was just introducing the correct boning terminology.

Or do you mean she has a penis?