British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Right you lot........ your best management skills please....... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/right-you-lot-your-best-management-skills-please-803048/)

Ethos83 Jul 16th 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Why don't people make their maids dress like the maids back in the old days? Black uniform with a white apron. Problem solved.

My first director in Dubai had a similar problem. His wife's solution was to buy several sets of matching single coloured cotton shirts and capri trousers and told the maid that was what she had to wear around the house.

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803312)
You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid :blink:

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:32 pm

ah you knew what I meant.............:)

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803312)
You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid :blink:

Years ago when my sons were about 16and 18 I think, my wife foolishly employed a slightly attractive younger Flip who would do the house work in skimpy tops and daisy duke style shorts. She did not work long for us especially after I had to go and bail her from a police station for apparently providing entertainment somewhere in Bur Dubai and with some serious favours called in, got h on a plane within 3 hours.

Mrs Shed learnt her lesson and employed some of the biggest and ugliest women I have ever seen. House was always so much cleaner after that :-S.

God I use have had too many beers as I sound like an EW veteran.

Taxi for one please?

The Dean Jul 16th 2013 5:34 pm

Sorry............ am I reading this correctly? Bad breath, BO, etc.......... these are Ramadan-related issues??? :confused:

I must admit I never noticed my colleague's problem before this week, but.............. er............ :unsure:

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 10803322)
Why don't people make their maids dress like the maids back in the old days? Black uniform with a white apron. Problem solved.

My first director in Dubai had a similar problem. His wife's solution was to buy several sets of matching single coloured cotton shirts and capri trousers and told the maid that was what she had to wear around the house.

Classic maids uniform? Are you TRYING to incite trouble in the household :-).

I feel a new business venture coming on. To shops for maids clothing, one where the hubby chooses and one where the boss chooses; there will never be duplication of stock.

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10803331)
Sorry............ am I reading this correctly? Bad breath, BO, etc.......... these are Ramadan-related issues??? :confused:

I must admit I never noticed my colleague's problem before this week, but.............. er............ :unsure:

Bad breath, lack of food - Ramadan problem.

BO - all year round issue for some.

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:38 pm

It's not a problem now....dealt with...

...shes generally very smart, I did ask her if she would like a uniform, she said she preferred her own clothes........thought hmmmmm, well we'll see.....

Anyway, her clothes are very neat and tidy unlike some scruffy dirty looking buggers I have seen herding kids into School....

I bought her the little pj's today and lots of other clothes after I noticed she was sleeping in her t shirts....poor little thing....she arrived with the tiniest suitcase.......:(

The Dean Jul 16th 2013 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803342)

...shes generally very smart, I did ask her if she would like a uniform, she said she preferred her own clothes........thought hmmmmm, well we'll see.....

Anyway, her clothes are very neat and tidy unlike some scruffy dirty looking buggers I have seen herding kids into School....

I bought her the little pj's today and lots of other clothes after I noticed she was sleeping in her t shirts....poor little thing....she arrived with the tiniest suitcase.......:(

And to compensate her for her poverty-stricken upbringing and lifestyle at home, you are paying her roughly....... what? Double the going rate?

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803342)

Mods, can we move this thread to EW now, I am sure that they will have lots of advice for Poshy, My money is on 20 pages within 30 hours.

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:41 pm

haha...sorry, I do rattle on ..............x

TheShed Jul 16th 2013 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10803350)
haha...sorry, I do rattle on ..............x

I dare you Poshy, post it on EW, it will brighten your day tomorrow ;-).

Ethos83 Jul 16th 2013 5:45 pm

I just took a look at expatwoman.

Me gods. There's a thread asking whether it's acceptable to let your daughter wear shorts?!?

Mr Weeze Jul 16th 2013 5:47 pm

http://www.nooffenseoranything.com/bodyodor.html

Use this.

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:49 pm

I'm always up for a dare...............:cool:

Once again, apologies for rambling...x

Poshy Jul 16th 2013 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 10803363)

haha...love that !!! :thumbsup: