Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Meow
Dare we ask which bunch he's working for?

My husband is an escapee from Rotherham, but that was so long ago, he's lost much of his accent too - thank heavens.
I work for ****** group. The largest of its kind in the world!
Oh Meow, you don't find the South Yorkshire twang pleasing on the ear??? Hmmmm I'm not really surprised lol!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:48 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millemonkey
Oh Meow, you don't find the South Yorkshire twang pleasing on the ear??? Hmmmm I'm not really surprised lol!
Hmmm, the stars say it all, me thinks.

The real question is; are all your tattoos spelled correctly?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hmmm, the stars say it all, me thinks.

The real question is; are all your tattoos spelled correctly?
Hmmmmm I didn't put the stars, I guess it must be a moderator thing so you can't reveal too much!
We don't have spelled tattoos in Rotherham, since most of us can't read!!!! Pictures only, and you have to do a lot o research to find someone who can colour them in without going over the lines lol!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

That bunch of much hated charlatans. Oh dear, oh dear.

People are wising up to the persistent cold-calling and mis-selling...

Edit - the asterisks are due to the company receving so much criticism that they now send out lawyer's letters insisting that their name is not mentioned on numerous websites in the UAE.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

please accept my deepest condolences, your stars tell us all a very dodgy story
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Told you you'd need a thick skin.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Told you you'd need a thick skin.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:12 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, the Re Viled Group....

Do you see what I did there???? Re Viled...??? Get it???? Re Viled....???
Oh, I give up....
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Guys, the stars tell you nothing about me and very little about the company!
In every industry (and I do mean every) there are people who think they can beat the system and make a quick fast buck at the expense of everyone around them. But that doesn't mean that everyone is like that. I've been an IFA for many years now, in fact some of my clients in the UK begged me not to come over here such are the relationships I've built with them.
Please don't judge a book by its cover because if you get to know me you'll realise that I am a good, hard-working guys with morals. I don't spout crap and I always highlight the cons of any advice I offer as well as the pros. Even if it costs me a new client.
In terms of the cold-calling, I know it's not ideal but how else are you supposed to make contacts when you move to a new country??
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:10 am
Concierge

Guys, the stars tell you nothing about me and very little about the company!
In every industry (and I do mean every) there are people who think they can beat the system and make a quick fast buck at the expense of everyone around them. But that doesn't mean that everyone is like that. I've been an IFA for many years now, in fact some of my clients in the UK begged me not to come over here such are the relationships I've built with them.
Please don't judge a book by its cover because if you get to know me you'll realise that I am a good, hard-working guys with morals. I don't spout crap and I always highlight the cons of any advice I offer as well as the pros. Even if it costs me a new client.
In terms of the cold-calling, I know it's not ideal but how else are you supposed to make contacts when you move to a new country??
did I criticise you professionally? I am sure you are probably a very nice chap with a proven track record in the Industry ..... however you have joined the wrong Company, trust me, you will be back on here in the future confirming my suspicions
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

did I criticise you professionally? I am sure you are probably a very nice chap with a proven track record in the Industry ..... however you have joined the wrong Company, trust me, you will be back on here in the future confirming my suspicions
Sorry I didn't mean to appear scathing when I put my post!
I wasn't saying that you were criticising me per se. What I was trying to get at is that mis-advice doesn't come from the company, it comes from the individuals who are only concerned with lining their own pockets.
I joined the company purely because they have a larger range of products to work with than anyone else, including some that were designed for them alone that you cannot access anywhere else. Some of the biggest companies in the market deal with us alone, which means the clients have a wider choice than with other consultants.
All companies have "rogues" (for want of a better word) but these people (and believe me I hate these types as much as anyone) are a minority. But there are plenty of us concientious and honest ones left.
What I'm trying to get across is that where you work and who you work for doesn't necessarily define who you are and how you do things - if that makes sense??
I may not be explaining my feelings particularly well but in an industry such as this those of us who do the job properly are usually tarred with the same brush as those who are underhand, dis-honest, rip-off merchants. It something that you kinda have to accept in a career like this!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't mean to appear scathing when I put my post!
I wasn't saying that you were criticising me per se. What I was trying to get at is that mis-advice doesn't come from the company, it comes from the individuals who are only concerned with lining their own pockets.
I joined the company purely because they have a larger range of products to work with than anyone else, including some that were designed for them alone that you cannot access anywhere else. Some of the biggest companies in the market deal with us alone, which means the clients have a wider choice than with other consultants.
All companies have "rogues" (for want of a better word) but these people (and believe me I hate these types as much as anyone) are a minority. But there are plenty of us concientious and honest ones left.
What I'm trying to get across is that where you work and who you work for doesn't necessarily define who you are and how you do things - if that makes sense??
I may not be explaining my feelings particularly well but in an industry such as this those of us who do the job properly are usually tarred with the same brush as those who are underhand, dis-honest, rip-off merchants. It something that you kinda have to accept in a career like this!
I'm sorry but you really do not know enough about the company you are joining. They have the worst reputation in the region for good reason.

If you are an ethically minded, professionally qualified and experienced IFA then there are much better companies to work with.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
I'm sorry but you really do not know enough about the company you are joining. They have the worst reputation in the region for good reason.

If you are an ethically minded, professionally qualified and experienced IFA then there are much better companies to work with.
I honestly can't comment on that, not because I don't want to but purely because the clients I've inherited love the company to bits. Now I know that their view will be somewhat subjective, so I'm not suggesting for one second that their view is representative of UAE as a whole.
I thought I'd researched the company pretty well having spoken to existing and former employees but it seems there could be something I have missed???
I wonder if you'd mind filling me in on private message???
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:26 am
Bored liberal

I honestly can't comment on that, not because I don't want to but purely because the clients I've inherited love the company to bits. Now I know that their view will be somewhat subjective, so I'm not suggesting for one second that their view is representative of UAE as a whole.
I thought I'd researched the company pretty well having spoken to existing and former employees but it seems there could be something I have missed???
I wonder if you'd mind filling me in on private message???
Certainly, but what has been said publicly is correct. The division of the company in the UAE is worse than in other countries. Similar questions on other forums will give you the same response. Asking employees is never going to give you the full picture.

The company has a bad reputation, annoys people by continuously cold calling, is full of unqualified salespeople who have no idea about advising correctly. You may want to do the right thing, but you'll be in the wrong place to do it.

A little more research would have led you to sites like this one...

http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/index...o=quick_search
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:38 am
Concierge

they truly have a dreadful reputation in the UAE, as a frequent user of many forums and twitter etc they never get any positive press at all. All of my friends put the phone down as soon as they hear who is calling. It's not good, it's not professional, be careful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.