Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
welcome, they aren't providing you with accomodation? don't do it !
why? thousands of people don't get accommodation provided (myself included). Just make sure they pay you enough and it makes bugger all difference.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
why? thousands of people don't get accommodation provided (myself included). Just make sure they pay you enough and it makes bugger all difference.
well yes, but you would think they would provide somewhere for the first month until you get on feet. I keep forgetting we are on a featherbed package
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:26 pm
CKM
Just Joined

CKM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Guernsey Donkey
MH - thanks for the welcome (and apologies for delay!)

I have already had a few questions answered with some sound advice, so any other newbies out there, get involved as it is well worth it.
Hey Guernsey Donkey.

We are thinking to make the move in the next few months. How does it compare to 'The Rock'. Can't PM you yet as I have not made enough posts.

Cheers
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

azzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really nice

Hi every1

Moving to Dubai in April 2011.

Can i ask a question about a comapny called Globaleye,has any 1 heard of them?Any feed back positive or negative would be greatfully received.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Scotabroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thought I would take the plunge, I arrived in Riyadh a couple of weeks ago. I am married but the long haired general will be remaining in the UK to direct spending operations from there.

Originally from Scotland working here for a retail group, looking forward to meeting people.... who are not intent on trying to knock me down

I am currently in a Spanish apartment near the KFMC enjoy a game of golf.... or rather losing golf balls whilst providing entertainment to everyone who watches me play.... badly

I would really appreciate if someone was to take pity and offer to introduce me to whats what in Riyadh..... as long as it doesnt entail giving or receiving sexual favors.... unless they have big breasts of course...(moobs do not count)

Colin

Last edited by Scotabroad; Feb 7th 2011 at 7:27 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotabroad
Hi

Thought I would take the plunge, I arrived in Riyadh a couple of weeks ago. I am married but the long haired general will be remaining in the UK to direct spending operations from there.

Originally from Scotland working here for a retail group, looking forward to meeting people.... who are not intent on trying to knock me down

I am currently in a Spanish apartment near the KFMC enjoy a game of golf.... or rather losing golf balls whilst providing entertainment to everyone who watches me play.... badly

I would really appreciate if someone was to take pity and offer to introduce me to whats what in Riyadh..... as long as it doesnt entail giving or receiving sexual favors.... unless they have big breasts of course...(moobs do not count)

Colin
ha ha ha welcome to BE x
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by azzy100
Hi every1

Can i ask a question about a comapny called Globaleye,has any 1 heard of them?Any feed back positive or negative would be greatfully received.
Hi and welcome, I have heard of Global Eye and they have big swish offices, further than that I know nothing about them.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every1

I know them. Apparently they nearly went bankrupt last year.

They are hard-sell financial salesmen who bother people by phone all the time. DO NOT believe the hype. Anything else I have to say will be negative too.

If you are a properly qualified IFA there are much better companies out here.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotabroad
Hi

Colin
You're in a Spanish apartment in Riyadh?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Scotabroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
You're in a Spanish apartment in Riyadh?
Yeah looks like one of those cheap motels in the films with the swimming pool and the rooms should be rented by the hour..... I know no real explanation was required but I could not be bothered with a sarcastic reply..... been too busy..... apartment hunting.....seems my idea of neat and clean are poles apart from other peoples.

If someone was coming to view my apartment I would at least I had made the bed and no dirty dishes............... the conditions that some people live.... worse than my teenagers.... and that is going some.

It also seems that having glass in the frames in some instances is optional..... oh well moan over:
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every1

Globaleye aren't in the PIC class but they can be quite... er... 'assertive'.

They are strongly pushing their ability to draw up Sharia'a-compliant wills at the moment.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Globaleye aren't in the PIC class but they can be quite... er... 'assertive'.

They are strongly pushing their ability to draw up Sharia'a-compliant wills at the moment.
Ha! That's a joke, especially as a Sharia complaint will doesn't really exist.

Too many people claiming to be will writers here who have simply been on a course. Anyone who doesn't use an experienced lawyer is asking for problems.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

azzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really niceazzy100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
Ha! That's a joke, especially as a Sharia complaint will doesn't really exist.

Too many people claiming to be will writers here who have simply been on a course. Anyone who doesn't use an experienced lawyer is asking for problems.
Thankx Guys.They want me to invest my money with them,they profess to be in a different league to PIC.Any one had any kind of experiance with them positive or negative,would be great help.

Cheers
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:34 pm
Bored liberal

Thankx Guys.They want me to invest my money with them,they profess to be in a different league to PIC.Any one had any kind of experiance with them positive or negative,would be great help.

Cheers
They are barely any better. I'd be surprised if the person you are speaking to had any decent qualificiations either.

Please take a look at my blog below for info that may be of interest to you.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Cheers
I wouldn't trust them with a bargepole!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.