Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Tri Hard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Thanks Helen,

Should have been clearer - I moved from Dubai to Bahrain. I'm in Bahrain now Found Dubai easier to get into the social scene to be honest.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:02 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Hallo all, just a quick intro, I'm Kate, 36 and have lived in Dubai since 1987 - came across BritishExpats quite by surprise - have spent most of my time so far lurking around, but thought I would join the melee.

Professionally, I am redundant and looking for a new job. Personally, I am married with no children (yet). Politically, I have trouble getting on board with anything the UK has to offer. Spiritually, I live by the maxim, do as you have done to you by others (doesn't often come off that way surprisingly).

Looking forward to getting to know some other expats here.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K8-notlate
Hallo all, just a quick intro, I'm Kate, 36 and have lived in Dubai since 1987 - came across BritishExpats quite by surprise - have spent most of my time so far lurking around, but thought I would join the melee.

Professionally, I am redundant and looking for a new job. Personally, I am married with no children (yet). Politically, I have trouble getting on board with anything the UK has to offer. Spiritually, I live by the maxim, do as you have done to you by others (doesn't often come off that way surprisingly).

Looking forward to getting to know some other expats here.
um do you know when Eid is by any chance...
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:03 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
um do you know when Eid is by any chance...
It was announced as starting on Friday - tomorrow is the last day of Ramadan - 30th, so it can't go any longer - hope that helps.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,
working in riyadh the last 10 months or so, now planning my escape. not so busy in work at the moment so I have a bit of time to surf the net, post rubbish, argue about things I know nothing about, annoy people..generally troll about causing trouble.

I promise at least 1 in 10 posts will be worth reading, to keep the average here constant

anyhow anyone needing some info on riyadh i can probably help.

but wont
Old Sep 18th 2010, 4:03 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
hi all,
working in riyadh the last 10 months or so, now planning my escape. not so busy in work at the moment so I have a bit of time to surf the net, post rubbish, argue about things I know nothing about, annoy people..generally troll about causing trouble.

I promise at least 1 in 10 posts will be worth reading, to keep the average here constant

anyhow anyone needing some info on riyadh i can probably help.

but wont
Hi Weseal, welcome to the bored. Pick a corner, shout loud and pitch in...it's all good fun until someone loses an eye.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
don't overdo it - it's more like 1 in 50. if you raise the bar too much we won't be able to keep up.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:27 pm
noobie

Mummyv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I expect you've read one or two of my blonde posts on here... I have lots of questions and no doubt you'll be sick of me soon!
Hubbie is going over to KSA next month to work in Faisaliyah tower in Riyadh. Lovely looking building by the way.
I'm planning on joining him with my two girlees in February half term. His contract is accompanied status with all the perks but not sure which compound we'll be on yet. More info to come.
Meanwhile I'm sorting the house out here for rental and dredging through 15 years of crud in the attic and garage!
Looking forward to hearing from you all. Apologies now for dumb ignorant questions in the future. One day I'll be an expert expat!
Oh I'm 40 years young, no I havent got blonde hair, stack shelves in upmarket grocery store for pin money (wont miss that).... Have all my own teeth etc!

Vanessa
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:45 am
Just Joined

sandtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I am Sandy (Alexander) and will be taking up a post in Riyadh for a fashion retail company. I will be based in Riyadh on a single status contract, and am a male, and am 39 years old.

I will be living on Seder compound.

I am happy with the working conditions, and contract, but would like to hear from anyone in a similar age group how they find compound living, whether what I hear of all the wonderful parties most weekends is true, that social life is fantastic and that life will be as active as I have read on many a forum. As I will be coming on my own, I would like to know if it REALLY possible for relationships to be found and maintained (and I hear from a colleage that the muttawa are no longer very active and that unmarried couples are able to travel and go about town if maintaining a good "distance" between you, and in fact that there are couples living together, unmarried on compounds).

My contract is for two years and, while I enjoy my own company, I would love to be able to enjoy life with someone I could meet also.

What are everyones thoughts on Seder and a decent social life? I dont do ball room dancing or any other such, so what other advice could anyone offer?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Sandy
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:40 pm
Expat Brat

sandtam
Hi Everyone,

I am Sandy (Alexander) and will be taking up a post in Riyadh for a fashion retail company. I will be based in Riyadh on a single status contract, and am a male, and am 39 years old.

I will be living on Seder compound.

I am happy with the working conditions, and contract, but would like to hear from anyone in a similar age group how they find compound living, whether what I hear of all the wonderful parties most weekends is true, that social life is fantastic and that life will be as active as I have read on many a forum. As I will be coming on my own, I would like to know if it REALLY possible for relationships to be found and maintained (and I hear from a colleage that the muttawa are no longer very active and that unmarried couples are able to travel and go about town if maintaining a good "distance" between you, and in fact that there are couples living together, unmarried on compounds).

My contract is for two years and, while I enjoy my own company, I would love to be able to enjoy life with someone I could meet also.

What are everyones thoughts on Seder and a decent social life? I dont do ball room dancing or any other such, so what other advice could anyone offer?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Sandy
Mummyv
Hi everyone,
I expect you've read one or two of my blonde posts on here... I have lots of questions and no doubt you'll be sick of me soon!
Hubbie is going over to KSA next month to work in Faisaliyah tower in Riyadh. Lovely looking building by the way.
I'm planning on joining him with my two girlees in February half term. His contract is accompanied status with all the perks but not sure which compound we'll be on yet. More info to come.
Meanwhile I'm sorting the house out here for rental and dredging through 15 years of crud in the attic and garage!
Looking forward to hearing from you all. Apologies now for dumb ignorant questions in the future. One day I'll be an expert expat!
Oh I'm 40 years young, no I havent got blonde hair, stack shelves in upmarket grocery store for pin money (wont miss that).... Have all my own teeth etc!

Vanessa
Don't remember much about my time in Riyadh, as I was knee high to a grasshopper at the time, but didn't want to read and run - welcome, Sandy, Vanessa - hope you both enjoy it.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:23 am
Just Joined

bishy118 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya just joined the forum here I have just been offered a construction management job in Riyadh and waiting to agree terms before i head out there in the next month or so. This offer come out of the blue so have been trolling the web to find what i can about life there. I have to say its quite a difference in opinions. Im from N Ireland so hope I can fit in here and maybe learn a lot too. Helloooooo to everyone.....John
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

yrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really nice

Hello everyone! I recently moved to Riyadh and I've found this forum very helpful so I thought I would join. I'm a 22 year old male English teacher from the US (this forum is welcoming to Americans, right?). I'm excited to explore the city and the culture and learn how to get around, and I'm also eager to meet fellow expats in order to build a social life here. Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

'nother newbie here. Currently in Cheshire with dh, dd1 (5) and dd2 (3 tomorrow). Was an intensive care nurse in a previous life, now a sahm. We lived in AD from beginning of 2004 till end of 2006, dd1 was born there. Been back in Uk ever since but heading out to AD again very soon (dh next Sat, the girls and I from New Year). Hoping to enjoy it a bit more this time round
Old Oct 11th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

JB22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving out to Al Ain to work in the Aerospace sector. Hoping it will be a great new start for the family away from the UK. Hopefully plenty to do and see for all and possibly a better way of life for the family.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

M.ZIZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

hi i'm zizo 22 years old living in saudi arabia i'm come interested in this web site cause i feel i can help somebody here

so feel free when you have any qustion about ryiadh i 'll be ready for any qustion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.