Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Guernsey Donkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hi all
I will be moving out to Dubai at the start of January, and my wife and dog will follow a month later. Currently going through the process of paying money to people to sign and stamp lots of pieces of paper – from what I have read I expect that this will become a way of life.

I have been keeping an eye on the website to pick up any useful hints and tips ( I didn’t know why I would need access to a UK based VPN until yesterday), and thought I should get involved.

Over the coming months I’ll be on the look out for ways to combine stopping myself getting too fat while getting to know a few people out there – so if anyone has a five a side team who needs a player with a decent engine but very little actual talent then let me know. Also, I am not bad at the geography questions in a pub quiz but I am terrible on music.

Looking forward to getting out there

Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

welcome...donkey eh....interesting nick name
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

There is a good reason.....but its not that one - given the relatively benign comments that get people excited on this site, I think I would have been setting myself up for a virtual beating if it was (and rightly so)

I thought i would wait until I had made at least a few posts before inviting that sort of attention!
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

lewy is just really nicelewy is just really nicelewy is just really nicelewy is just really nicelewy is just really nicelewy is just really nicelewy is just really nicelewy is just really nice

Hello All,

Please let me introduce myself.

My names Mark and i'm currently considering an opportunity to live and work in Abu Dhabi. I'm will be leaving the British Army shortly after over 22year's service and seeking new challenges. I would be moving over on single status initially and looking for my family to move over maybe in 6-12 months.

This looks like a great forum to network and gain useful advise.

Looking forward to hearing and possibly meeting all you UAE expats in the future.

Kind Regards,

Mark
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
welcome...donkey eh....interesting nick name
MH - thanks for the welcome (and apologies for delay!)

I have already had a few questions answered with some sound advice, so any other newbies out there, get involved as it is well worth it.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lewy
Hello All,

Please let me introduce myself.

My names Mark and i'm currently considering an opportunity to live and work in Abu Dhabi. I'm will be leaving the British Army shortly after over 22year's service and seeking new challenges. I would be moving over on single status initially and looking for my family to move over maybe in 6-12 months.

This looks like a great forum to network and gain useful advise.

Looking forward to hearing and possibly meeting all you UAE expats in the future.

Kind Regards,

Mark

nice one Mark. 22 years in the service... this place should be a breeze.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:25 am
Just Joined

nicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nicenicklfc5 is just really nice

alright ME crowd,

so ive been blessed with 7 pound a pint Doha. maybe common for all you ME based folk, but damn i dont enjoy the taste of it so much at that price.

that said, for a tiny place, it's got a few things going for it. WTA tennis finals this week, Tribeca film festival, Brazil v Argentina Nov 17th.

so greetings to you all, have a lovely w'end.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:13 pm
Global Hobo

Norsk-also is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I don't live in the middle east yet, but quite determined to get to Bahrain asap. If you wish to give me a job out there, I am easy. I'm highly qualified, but will do anything..well..mostly anything with generous leave and reasonable hours.

Currently living in glorious Manchester, and I really really like death metal, bebop, techno, shoegaze, prog, blues, ethiojazz, persian electronica, drinking beer, and having fun. I do dable in controversy, but being Norwegian, as per news reports out of China, we honour criminals.

Erm..I have no kids, see above for hobbies.

Been looking for some busy boards with light-hearted contributors, but I msotly found dead boards with the occasional randomer hi-jackign threads asking to be given a job or provided with a sponsorship. Anyway, seems I finally found somewhere. Awesome.

Apologies for not postign here first I guess. see you folks around, ta-rah.

edit: I have dyslexic fingers apparantly.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice

Hi all, I'm Andy. Originally from Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
I'm 31 years old and I've just moved to Abu Dhabi. I'm out here alone at the moment but my wife will be joining me in January along with our new-born baby (not due until the end of December!)
I work as a Independent Financial Consultant, but I'd like to think I'm not as boring as the rest of them lol!!!
Nice to meet you all!!

Andy
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:15 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millemonkey
I'm 31 years old and I've just moved to Abu Dhabi. I'm out here alone at the moment but my wife will be joining me in January along with our new-born baby (not due until the end of December!)
I work as a Independent Financial Consultant, but I'd like to think I'm not as boring as the rest of them lol!!!
Nice to meet you all!!

Andy
Hi Andy, IFA should get them salivating. Only thing worse is a black ninja with 23 kids and 12 maids...and as they are local, you probably come a close second!

Why, oh why did you admit to Rotherham???
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hi Andy, IFA should get them salivating. Only thing worse is a black ninja with 23 kids and 12 maids...and as they are local, you probably come a close second!

Not sure I want to be salivated over lol!!!
I'm not ashamed of being from Rotherham (even though I probably should be!!!) In Rotherham I'm a millionaire because £10 buys an entire street !!!!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:49 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking

Get your priorities right, man. The shame comes from being an IFA.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millemonkey
Nice to meet you all!!

Andy
Err, welcome, by the way. Being a Yorkshire lad you'll have a thick skin, which you may well need. Roll with the punches, participate and learn, and you should enjoy.

Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Err, welcome, by the way. Being a Yorkshire lad you'll have a thick skin, which you may well need. Roll with the punches, participate and learn, and you should enjoy.

I do indeed have thick skin - very much needed in my profession!!
Not sure it's something to be ashamed of though!! None of my clients have ever complained about me making them money - at least not yet lol!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Get your priorities right, man. The shame comes from being an IFA.
Dare we ask which bunch he's working for?

My husband is an escapee from Rotherham, but that was so long ago, he's lost much of his accent too - thank heavens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.