Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

My ex wife wants to visit !

My ex wife wants to visit !

Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My ex wife wants to visit !

Originally Posted by admon
'kin hell.. bangle, commander, get a room..

I'm getting a lump in my throat from all this..
for once we agree
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
Just shag her, and see how things develop.
Ha Ha..... So my first thought !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

The healing begins...
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, been through the same as have 12 year old son from 1st wife but for *****s sake. The reason you are here is because you couldnt live with the witch (generic name for the ex wives of this world).
Now a few years have passed, do you think she has put away the cauldron?

No she comes over with best knickers in the suitcase, you start to think that the years havent been too hard on her and actually you remember why you banged it in the back of your Ford Capri all those years ago. You end up in bed and hey ho its not a bad root, you'll have some more of that

Next thing the rose tinted specs have totally blinded you, the witch is back in your life and in Dubai and then you eventually remember why you dumped the witch but its too late. Have been there and done it and wouldnt want anyone else to make what with hindsight was a blindingly obvious mistake

Stick with worshipping your kids and leave witches where they belong. Dancing naked around Pendle hill with a black pussy
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

pics ?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

If you feel that strongly about missing your kids, maybe you should give it another try, for their sake and your own.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:38 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, you went through the heartache once, and also been there many years ago. Why invite more? You get to see and spend time with the kids, will that still be the case if you get back into a relationship with the ex and it all goes pearshape again?

It didn't work for a reason, don't remember all the good time; remember the bad and the ask "Can I go through that again and can I subject my kids to the same?"

Only you know the answer, but, as my dad used to say; "Don't keep picking the scab cause it will never heal!"
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a few thoughts. If she stays with you on her trip and you end up shagging eachother, then the sex will cloud your judgement. So, if you two are having thoughts about getting together again even on a trial basis, perhaps you should leave out sex for a while.

If the relationship doesn't work out again, then it will not only hurt you all over again, but also your boys.

If she has mentioned that she wants to have a serious chat with you, why don't you explore that over the phone first to find exactly what she is thinking?

I imagine that it is terribly attractive to get back with her but you have to do it for the right reasons, because you still love her, not just because you know it will make the boys happy.

Good luck x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

When one is free, they want to get into a relationship...And when one is in a relationship, they want to be free...

Irony of the human condition...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:26 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Guys, been through the same as have 12 year old son from 1st wife but for *****s sake. The reason you are here is because you couldnt live with the witch (generic name for the ex wives of this world).
Oh FFS....

I have two children from my first marriage. Their father is taking them on holiday to California soon. I'm planning on going for four days of the trip so that I can be with my kids and visit my best friend, who lives there. It's a 2000 mile $$$ trip, so I doubt that I can take them there again any time soon and my eldest is 16 and will be away at uni in a couple of years.

I am NOT (repeat NOT!) doing this to be with my ex - I do not expect to share the same hotel room - possibly even different hotels or even staying at my friend's.

Perhaps the ex-wife in this situation wants to see a place that her children really like. Only the OP can decide - and there's nothing stopping her coming to Dubai as a tourist.

But I forget, we're all witches stirring our cauldrons.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Snowbunny: Did you read the orginal post by Bangleman? If so he says that his ex-wife wants to have a chat, which could mean she is looking to get back together, and what do we think about that...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:41 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Snowbunny: Did you read the orginal post by Bangleman? If so he says that his ex-wife wants to have a chat, which could mean she is looking to get back together, and what do we think about that...
Yep - I did. Bangleman should sort out his own feelings about getting back together, and make those clear to her. If not interested, he should have no problem telling the ex that of course she is free to visit Dubai on holiday, but under the circumstances he thinks it best that she not stay at his/that they not see each other/that it's only okay if she brings the hot friend for a threesome.

I get tired of men bitching about evil women en masse and especially so when there are children involved. LET IT GO.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, I get tired of women going on about bad fathers too....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yep - I did. Bangleman should sort out his own feelings about getting back together, and make those clear to her. If not interested, he should have no problem telling the ex that of course she is free to visit Dubai on holiday, but under the circumstances he thinks it best that she not stay at his/that they not see each other/that it's only okay if she brings the hot friend for a threesome.

I get tired of men bitching about evil women en masse and especially so when there are children involved. LET IT GO.
Are you sure you're snowbunny and not bunnyboiler?

Sorry couldn't resist
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:59 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Are you sure you're snowbunny and not bunnyboiler?

Sorry couldn't resist
Yep - and I don't believe in a scorched earth policy. Everyone gets burnt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.