British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   My ex wife wants to visit ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/my-ex-wife-wants-visit-597275/)

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 5:56 am

My ex wife wants to visit !

My ex wife and I are still very good friends, and everything is very amicable between us (probably something to do with the extortionate amount of maintenance I pay her every month ! :sneaky:)

Anyway, she keeps asking me if I would mind if she came out for a few days and stayed with me, as she wants to see Dubai, as she has heard how nice it is from my boys when they visit, and said it would be nice to be shown around and for us to chat etc.

Do you think she just wants a freebie holiday so to speak or by using the phrase 'we could chat', has ideas of us rekindling something ?

It was a traumatic time for both of us when we split up and I dont want to stir up feelings on both sides for that to happen again, but feel guilty saying no to her...

Any ideas ?

The Dean Mar 13th 2009 6:06 am

Re: My ex wife wants to visit !

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7374526)
My ex wife and I are still very good friends, and everything is very amicable between us (probably something to do with the extortionate amount of maintenance I pay her every month ! :sneaky:)

Anyway, she keeps asking me if I would mind if she came out for a few days and stayed with me, as she wants to see Dubai, as she has heard how nice it is from my boys when they visit, and said it would be nice to be shown around and for us to chat etc.

Do you think she just wants a freebie holiday so to speak or by using the phrase 'we could chat', has ideas of us rekindling something ?

It was a traumatic time for both of us when we split up and I dont want to stir up feelings on both sides for that to happen again, but feel guilty saying no to her...

Any ideas ?

Just shag her, and see how things develop.

The Dean Mar 13th 2009 6:07 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7374537)
Just shag her, and see how things develop.

More seriously - of course you should say yes.

Will the boys be there - or just the two of you?

welshviking Mar 13th 2009 6:12 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7374526)

Any ideas ?

What do you want?

She's fishing for something I think.

Fairydust Mar 13th 2009 6:13 am

I sense a case of deja vu - haven't you had this dilemma before???

commander Mar 13th 2009 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 7374546)

i recall this from over a year ago and to be honest i was embarrased by my comments at the time and i think bangleman has never forgiven me.

SO, here is my new found wisdomous retort;

as long as she pays the flight, go for it. If you both have feelings then what have you got to loose, you are clearly a great dad and miss your lads painfully, and ill bet your ex will see the aftermath (that you dont see) of how much they love and miss you..

if it doesnt work out, carry on, as you were...

good luck my gay hammer

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 7374546)

yes, about a year ago, but she wanted to come out with her mate then, and the idea of two blondes in the one bed apartment for just too much !!!

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 6:21 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7374539)
More seriously - of course you should say yes.

Will the boys be there - or just the two of you?

No, the boys will be in UK...

admon Mar 13th 2009 6:22 am

if my memory serves me right, I remember a conversation about the wife and the best friend coming over for a threesome...

i take it that never happened then..

commander Mar 13th 2009 6:22 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7374563)
if my memory serves me right, I remember a conversation about the wife and the best friend coming over for a threesome...

its sausage time..

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 6:48 am

Originally Posted by welshviking (Post 7374544)
What do you want?

She's fishing for something I think.

Im just worried if I do it will come back to bite me on the arse.

She will come out here, see the sun, the lifestyle etc, and then assume I have one with no worries, leading the life of Riley etc etc, when the reality is much different of course, and try and use that to her advantage at some point in the future

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7374553)
i recall this from over a year ago and to be honest i was embarrased by my comments at the time and i think bangleman has never forgiven me.

SO, here is my new found wisdomous retort;

as long as she pays the flight, go for it. If you both have feelings then what have you got to loose, you are clearly a great dad and miss your lads painfully, and ill bet your ex will see the aftermath (that you dont see) of how much they love and miss you..

if it doesnt work out, carry on, as you were...

good luck my gay hammer

good advice my scottish friend......I cant remember what is was I havent fogiven you for, but there must be something !

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 6:50 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7374563)

why do you remember that you pervert !

BangleMan Mar 13th 2009 6:50 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7374566)
its sausage time..

thats funny cos thats what i said, except it was prefixed by the word 'ladies' at the time !

Inselaffen Mar 13th 2009 6:51 am

has Brad been to visit you yet? (again)