Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

My ex wife wants to visit !

My ex wife wants to visit !

Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:56 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default My ex wife wants to visit !

My ex wife and I are still very good friends, and everything is very amicable between us (probably something to do with the extortionate amount of maintenance I pay her every month ! )

Anyway, she keeps asking me if I would mind if she came out for a few days and stayed with me, as she wants to see Dubai, as she has heard how nice it is from my boys when they visit, and said it would be nice to be shown around and for us to chat etc.

Do you think she just wants a freebie holiday so to speak or by using the phrase 'we could chat', has ideas of us rekindling something ?

It was a traumatic time for both of us when we split up and I dont want to stir up feelings on both sides for that to happen again, but feel guilty saying no to her...

Any ideas ?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My ex wife wants to visit !

Originally Posted by BangleMan
My ex wife and I are still very good friends, and everything is very amicable between us (probably something to do with the extortionate amount of maintenance I pay her every month ! )

Anyway, she keeps asking me if I would mind if she came out for a few days and stayed with me, as she wants to see Dubai, as she has heard how nice it is from my boys when they visit, and said it would be nice to be shown around and for us to chat etc.

Do you think she just wants a freebie holiday so to speak or by using the phrase 'we could chat', has ideas of us rekindling something ?

It was a traumatic time for both of us when we split up and I dont want to stir up feelings on both sides for that to happen again, but feel guilty saying no to her...

Any ideas ?
Just shag her, and see how things develop.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Just shag her, and see how things develop.
More seriously - of course you should say yes.

Will the boys be there - or just the two of you?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:12 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan

Any ideas ?
What do you want?

She's fishing for something I think.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:13 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I sense a case of deja vu - haven't you had this dilemma before???
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
i recall this from over a year ago and to be honest i was embarrased by my comments at the time and i think bangleman has never forgiven me.

SO, here is my new found wisdomous retort;

as long as she pays the flight, go for it. If you both have feelings then what have you got to loose, you are clearly a great dad and miss your lads painfully, and ill bet your ex will see the aftermath (that you dont see) of how much they love and miss you..

if it doesnt work out, carry on, as you were...

good luck my gay hammer
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:21 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
yes, about a year ago, but she wanted to come out with her mate then, and the idea of two blondes in the one bed apartment for just too much !!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:21 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by The Dean
More seriously - of course you should say yes.

Will the boys be there - or just the two of you?
No, the boys will be in UK...
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

if my memory serves me right, I remember a conversation about the wife and the best friend coming over for a threesome...

i take it that never happened then..

Last edited by admon; Mar 13th 2009 at 6:22 am. Reason: posted at the same time as 2 above posts...
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:22 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
if my memory serves me right, I remember a conversation about the wife and the best friend coming over for a threesome...

its sausage time..
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:48 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by welshviking
What do you want?

She's fishing for something I think.
Im just worried if I do it will come back to bite me on the arse.

She will come out here, see the sun, the lifestyle etc, and then assume I have one with no worries, leading the life of Riley etc etc, when the reality is much different of course, and try and use that to her advantage at some point in the future
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:49 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by commander
i recall this from over a year ago and to be honest i was embarrased by my comments at the time and i think bangleman has never forgiven me.

SO, here is my new found wisdomous retort;

as long as she pays the flight, go for it. If you both have feelings then what have you got to loose, you are clearly a great dad and miss your lads painfully, and ill bet your ex will see the aftermath (that you dont see) of how much they love and miss you..

if it doesnt work out, carry on, as you were...

good luck my gay hammer
good advice my scottish friend......I cant remember what is was I havent fogiven you for, but there must be something !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:50 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by admon

why do you remember that you pervert !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:50 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by commander
its sausage time..
thats funny cos thats what i said, except it was prefixed by the word 'ladies' at the time !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

has Brad been to visit you yet? (again)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.