Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

My ex wife wants to visit !

My ex wife wants to visit !

Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:14 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My ex wife wants to visit !

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yep - and I don't believe in a scorched earth policy. Everyone gets burnt.

Bangleman, I don't know you at all or your full situation but my tuppence worth is that this situation sounds as if it has the capacity to get messy quickly.

I suggest like some others, that your ex should pay her own flights and get a hotel and you can work it through on more common ground.

If the getting back together conversations start, I think I would have a prearranged marriage counselling appointment at hand. You broke up for a reason and maybe there are still things to discuss or then again maybe not.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:55 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Snowbunny: Did you read the orginal post by Bangleman? If so he says that his ex-wife wants to have a chat, which could mean she is looking to get back together, and what do we think about that...

It could mean a 1001 things..............

Originally Posted by BangleMan
My ex wife and I are still very good friends, and everything is very amicable between us (probably something to do with the extortionate amount of maintenance I pay her every month ! )

Anyway, she keeps asking me if I would mind if she came out for a few days and stayed with me, as she wants to see Dubai, as she has heard how nice it is from my boys when they visit, and said it would be nice to be shown around and for us to chat etc,.

Do you think she just wants a freebie holiday so to speak or by using the phrase 'we could chat', has ideas of us rekindling something ?

It was a traumatic time for both of us when we split up and I dont want to stir up feelings on both sides for that to happen again, but feel guilty saying no to her...

Any ideas ?
Bangleman, you asked for ideas-fwiw,here is mine:
This could be one of the situations where the coldness and detachment of communicating by email works to an advantage.Put down in an email what can be/cannot be on the agenda in terms of 'the chat'.Be direct from a convenient distance.Ask her specifically if she has thoughts of reconciliation.
Ask her speifically if sharing an apartment would cause her any dilemma in regard to intimacy.Ask her specifically if she has any genuine concerns about the boys' visiting you in Dubai.Be as fully informed about her purpose of visit as you can be prior to her intended travel dates then your decision should be clearer and a little easier.
Think first with your head,then your heart and if you must-lastly with what's in your pants
Hope it works out the best way for all
x

Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Get an idea about what she wants to "chat" about. Maybe she wants the boys to come and live with you.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Chatting leads to sex...I tried it...I know...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:46 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

You and bangleman chat conf??
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:02 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Send her the link to this thread....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao, yes send her this thread,

Snowbunny, yes sorry all ex's are witches, stirring cauldrons

I am on wife number 3 and a half now and so I have a covern of them behind me.

Its 3.5 because I let no 2 come back for seconds hence not wanting anyone else to be so foolish.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

I have every sympathy with you and know what you mean as have been there many times.

Nothing irritates me more than men who dont give a toss about their kids, or women who class all 'fathers' as wantaways, who wont support their kids, or who think that just because we didnt give birth to them, that our bond is any less strong or important

I was the first person to see them when they were born, I got up every single night with my wife when they were young and needed feeding, and was with them everywhere they went, supporting them in anything they did.

Thats what I miss most....the daily interaction, just listening to their voices, arguing with one another, the noise, bedlam etc, plus the football training nights, football weekends watching them play, and going over West Ham with them to name but a few things.

I love the fact now that they are at an age where they arent just children now, but my best friends, and can be cheeky back to their Dad, try and wind me up by being sarcastic etc, and best of all that despite the fact the eldest one is an inch taller than me now(which he is so pleased with, at 6ft 4") he doesnt think twice in giving me a man hug when we see one another or leave one another...

I think it was LH who mentioned yesterday that a woman was more likely to try and save their kids than a man in a fire.....what utter rubbish, I would push every ****er out of the way to get to them, no matter who they were
You and Commander are amazing. I wish more than anything that my ex would have been a better father to our children - reading your posts makes me realise just what they have missed, and the worst thing is that they know what they have missed, big shame.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:02 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Lmao, yes send her this thread,

Snowbunny, yes sorry all ex's are witches, stirring cauldrons

I am on wife number 3 and a half now and so I have a covern of them behind me.

Its 3.5 because I let no 2 come back for seconds hence not wanting anyone else to be so foolish.
Tock.a.l.o.sh...e,

Wonder what the common denominator is.
Wonder what your ex's think about you
Wonder if your inability to sustain a relationship has anything to do
With the Oedipul tendencies exhibited by you on the Mother's Day thread
Was just wondering.............
What a lot of W's..can think of another handy one too
Will wait til I know you better though

Last edited by Eva; Mar 14th 2009 at 4:05 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Eva,
lmao,
The last time I heard about Oedipus syndrome was from wife 2 - 2.5 though she had just gone through years of counciling, following first divorce and was suffering from analysis paralysis
Sadly no common denominator though I guess you were hoping there was lol.
First wife turned into a tramp after birth of son. Wasnt like that before pregnancy so can only assume all the hormones running around managed to totally bugger up her brain. She was from the cheap side of Manchester though so it should have been expected
Second wife was top older burd until menopause at which point she turned into a nutcase.
Third wife (younger and of English stock in case someone thinks I have picked up an ex thai prossie ) and perfectly happy. No traumas, no baggage

Would love think the last W was for Well hung but I suspect you have another word in mind...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Eva,
lmao,
The last time I heard about Oedipus syndrome was from wife 2 - 2.5 though she had just gone through years of counciling, following first divorce and was suffering from analysis paralysis
Sadly no common denominator though I guess you were hoping there was lol.
First wife turned into a tramp after birth of son. Wasnt like that before pregnancy so can only assume all the hormones running around managed to totally bugger up her brain. She was from the cheap side of Manchester though so it should have been expected
Second wife was top older burd until menopause at which point she turned into a nutcase.
Third wife (younger and of English stock in case someone thinks I have picked up an ex thai prossie ) and perfectly happy. No traumas, no baggage

Would love think the last W was for Well hung but I suspect you have another word in mind...
You ain't Mantronic in disguise are ya?
And it's a complex not a syndrome.
Maybe you are well hung,men with small brains usually are.
Manchester you say?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:04 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
talking to yourself in the mirror, and pulling one off after, doesnt count as sex Conf !
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:05 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
You and Commander are amazing. I wish more than anything that my ex would have been a better father to our children - reading your posts makes me realise just what they have missed, and the worst thing is that they know what they have missed, big shame.
Im sorry your ex wasnt like that. Being a Dad is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I wouldnt trade it for all the money in the world
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

talking to yourself in the mirror, and pulling one off after, doesnt count as sex Conf !
That's where you're wrong baby...I don't talk, I kiss myself in the mirror, with a passion you'd only get in Indian movies...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
Originally Posted by commander
You and bangleman chat conf??
He plays hard to get...He knows deep down that I'll be the best lay he's ever going to get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.