Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Israeal and poor palastinains

Israeal and poor palastinains

Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:03 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israeal and poor palastinains

Originally Posted by Pablo
I don't understand what you're asking.
No worries, it was kinda rhetoric anyways.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:07 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
No worries, it was kinda rhetoric anyways.
Wots the plural of rhetoric? Rhetorii, Rhetoree???
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Wots the plural of rhetoric? Rhetorii, Rhetoree???
Away and play with your Wii ................you know the rest.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:11 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Away and play with your Wii ................you know the rest.
Hello and g'night.

This is seriously slow, and no, Eva, not me!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
"Proved false" to whom? That was my question. To you? To the "peers" you mention? Who is the adequate judge of the evidence you talk about? And how do you yourself judge who is the adequate judge? Hence my question of how you identify your "peers".
Proved false to whomever is prepared to research and understand the hypothesis put forward, or in specific cases to the proponent of the initial proposition and their supporters.

Adequate judges are normally determined by society, so hence recognised experts in a specific field - these experts are then seen as the "peers" who will critique any claim and the supporting evidence put forward.

So you are obviously concentrating on semantics to build your straw man, so what's the punchline? No doubt some convoluted attempt to try and get me to take some sort of faith position. This will no doubt give you some sort of kick.

I understand that if you have a strong faith in the sky fairy the lack of understanding regarding the concepts of evidence is self explanatory.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
you are mixing between religion and laws

in UK for example if someone wants to steal .and this is his choice under the free will thing ... can he do it?

if someone wants to cross a red light even if the street is empty and no one is there... can he do it..

there are even things that are allowed by the law .. but you can't do them as they make others upset .. and you prefere to do it in your own time.
Your country is mostly run according to Shariah Law, which is more of a religious code than a civil one...
So, GOD has given us free will, but Islam and UAE law curbs our freedom...Not logic...Laws should always be sinsible and logical...
If it doesn't make sense then it just doesn't make sense...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:24 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Rack off, bouncer.

I think you are a very dangerous man. This is the last time i ever acknowledge you or any of your posts.

what happend to freedom of speech

what did i say so that you get so angry??
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:32 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Lots of questions there...many I am not qualified to answer.

I think there are two sides to this problem. Throwing blame at one only will never solve anything.

Better to seek understanding of the both sides and try to use logic and reason rather than emotion and pride.

Of course this is impossible because of religion - everyone is always right when they are religious.

N.

in my post with all respect i didn't talk about religion !!!

lets be rational

people in Israel are criminals
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Confucius
Your country is mostly run according to Shariah Law, which is more of a religious code than a civil one...
So, GOD has given us free will, but Islam and UAE law curbs our freedom...Not logic...Laws should always be sinsible and logical...
If it doesn't make sense then it just doesn't make sense...

well this is interesting.

Sharia Law is not used alot in UAE law (how sad to me)

but lets assume it was used that much in the Law of UAE... these rules are comming from what people here believe in as the correct religion as it is the last religion and we have the last holy book ..

whereas in the west

rules are human made.... and they keep changing based on the needs..

so what is rational and normal to you today ... later on after 10 yeras more or less will be according to new rules irrational.

which is stuiped !!

why would things be normal now .. and 50 years later it is not normal
it is because rules are man made.

in our case .... islamic princibles are the same from 1400 yeras .. the problem is in people who are applying or not following these islamic princibles correctly. or when some muslims understand these princibles in the wrong way and try to enforce it on others (which is wrong)

but when it comes to Islam it self ...................

there is no way that is better than islam
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:05 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

people in Israel are criminals
people from arabic countries are terrorists..

equally insulting, inaccurate and stereotypical
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commander
people from arabic countries are terrorists..

equally insulting, inaccurate and stereotypical

I meant the government

but are you a jew by any chance?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Adequate judges are normally determined by society, so hence recognised experts in a specific field - these experts are then seen as the "peers" who will critique any claim and the supporting evidence put forward.
This, as I am sure you are aware, is a circular argument, or what is known as 'begging the question.' As any intelligent or rational person will tell you.

So you are obviously concentrating on semantics
What I am obviously concentrating on is the kind of rational argument you set so much store by. Are you now abandoning your so-called rationality when it does not suit you?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

... these rules are comming from what people here believe in as the correct religion
... the problem is in people who are applying or not following these islamic princibles correctly. or when some muslims understand these princibles in the wrong way
So it takes men to judge the infallible principles of Islam, and men are capable of judging wrongly? Even if a man can be found who has perfect understanding, still the words of such a perfect man would need to be judged and understood correctly by his fallible listeners? No?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I meant the government

but are you a jew by any chance?
no im a ginger.

gas me..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:35 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It doesn't matter who it was because our leaders will go on TV as say it's a just a minority and the leaders of the group from which the bombers came will tell us they did not practice or follow the religion in question - that they were not "true" believers.

I am sure the invasion into Byzantine Sicily in 652 was also by people who weren't true believers too...as was the invasion and occupation of Spain in 711 (300 years before the first Crusade was even suggested). The invasions into France in 731 were likely by people who weren't following their religion properly either. And the sacking and looting of Rome (including St. Paul's) in 846 was obviously by fringe extremists.

Looking further we can clearly see the occupation of Anatolia (now called Turkey) culminating in the fall of Constantinople in 1453 was an isolated act of terrorism, as was the conquest of a previously Zoroastrian Iran. India of course was never attacked except by a few fringe extremist groups too.

And the Barbary pirates who took many slaves from Western and Southern Europe (including England) and who raided so many merchant ships the US was forced to form it's first Navy to deal with them were naturally just an isolated group who didn't understand their religion.

So you see...we cannot sit here and even suggest such people are anything other than Republicans or Jews or European Colonial policy or whoever...

Of course one thing I will say seriously is I have yet to hear of a Jew shooting or blowing up German civilians in retaliation for what Hitler did.

Peace.

N.
What did the Romans ever do for us?

Impressive history, Norm, but I wonder what we are meant to infer from that. Hard to tell with all the sarcasm!

Call me namby-pamby, but I still wonder if it's right to regard terrorists as representative of their creed. We have stopped calling all Germans Nazis and all Irish people bombers - well most of us have.

Is it really valid to say that certain people have a history of violence and will therefore always be violent? If it is valid, it should be applied to everyone since the rise of agriculture, the subsequent ideas of land-ownership and the resultant feudalism. Show me one civilisation or empire that has conducted itself completely peacefully. Of course, it isn't black and white, and things go in circles and civilisations rise and fall depending on the prevailing wind.

I do wonder if there's any hope for our species at all sometimes, especially when it ultimately boils down to people pointing at each other and saying: "Well he started it!"

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jan 7th 2009 at 10:57 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.