Events in Egypt

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Events in Egypt

Originally Posted by DesertOcean
This protest took place few days ago in Jeddah, time will tell...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dSZJt1ytmL4
I don't think the saudi's will crumble - ok, they are poor, but there are less of them and it's easier to crush them back into line. Probably easier to buy them off a bit too.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I don't think the saudi's will crumble - ok, they are poor, but there are less of them and it's easier to crush them back into line. Probably easier to buy them off a bit too.
wouldn't they end up being killed if the kicked off?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dSZJt1ytmL4
I agree - Saudi has the potential to kick off too. There is a lot of frustration and anger at the uneven distribution of the oil wealth.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Jordan just dissolved its Parliament. I guess the King and his beautiful wife are trying to preempt the troubles.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this a good time to buy stock in petrol companies?

I can't see the price of oil doing anything but go up especially as long as Egypt remains troubled.

Though, of course, if Saudi does collapse....

Jordan just dissolved its Parliament. I guess the King and his beautiful wife are trying to preempt the troubles.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the expensively maintained wives in Tunisia, Egypt and Jordan have helped bring this on! Where next?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Is this a good time to buy stock in petrol companies?

I can't see the price of oil doing anything but go up especially as long as Egypt remains troubled.

Though, of course, if Saudi does collapse....
The very generous cradle-to-grave welfare state in the Magic Kingdom should be enough to keep the natives onside........
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
The very generous cradle-to-grave welfare state in the Magic Kingdom should be enough to keep the natives onside........
Although I doubt there'll be widespread dissent as elsewhere, there is widespread dissatisfaction. The Government's insistence of foreign enterprises employing 30% Saudis is an attempt to reduce the high unemployment among young Saudis, but that measure alone probably isn't sufficient to eliminate the risk of radicalisation. Plus there are other systemic problems, such as the high cost of land; the unequal distribution of oil wealth and the discriminatory largesse of the royal family means that many find it hard to own a home or live as others do.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a shit country. A high rate of unemployment among the locals yet they still import millions of cheap labourers from South Asia and the Philippines to scrub their toilets. Something isn't right here.

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Although I doubt there'll be widespread dissent as elsewhere, there is widespread dissatisfaction. The Government's insistence of foreign enterprises employing 30% Saudis is an attempt to reduce the high unemployment among young Saudis, but that measure alone probably isn't sufficient to eliminate the risk of radicalisation. Plus there are other systemic problems, such as the high cost of land; the unequal distribution of oil wealth and the discriminatory largesse of the royal family means that many find it hard to own a home or live as others do.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:03 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...66_634x536.jpg

Gamal Mubarak and his wife,her favourite hangout: Selfridges (of all places)

Apparently they both hold British passports (according to Daily Heil)
I worked in the 'British International School Cairo'

80% rich Egyptian offspring. Gamal's wife is an ex-pupil.

They all had multiple passports. Some were 'bought' others obtained by travelling e.g. to US when 8 Months and 28 days pregnant to have the baby there (or Uk, or Ireland or etc etc).

Don't get me wrong, the children were generally very nice, the parents also similar. However their prosperity was obscene compared to the man on the street.

"Where are you going on your summer holidays Nour?"

" we are going to stay in the Dubai Hilton for a week, then our villa in Capri, then our apartment iin Paris, then our apartment in London. We will spend our last 2 weeks in Sharm on our yacht"

Obscene.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

well
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:29 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Well what?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Well what?
channel4news:

US Ambassador met El Baradei today. Rumour Mubarak gone to Bahrain. Still not confirmed

I guess its almost over
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Well what?
What, besides Allahu Akbar, are they saying?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.