EU migrant crisis

Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:05 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU migrant crisis

Originally Posted by shiva
Not seeking a debate just an answer.
Sigh! OK I am not answering, debating, indulging in what ifs and if only, hand wringing blah blah blah!
Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:15 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Sigh! OK I am not answering, debating, indulging in what ifs and if only, hand wringing blah blah blah!
ok
Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:40 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

'These people', does not seem to matter what word you use to describe them, illegal immigrants, financial refugees etc then someone will take issue with it. People are very welcome to be offended because taking offence can be a bit of a pastime for some.
I am not offering solutions, nor engaging in debate, I was putting my point that I have zero empathy.
There are two separate groups of people trying to enter Europe. The people from countries at war I don't think people have any issues accepting as coming, but the people who are just looking for a better life (read more money) are just taking advantage of the situation. The biggest issue is that the number are so skewed.

Have a look at all the grass-root initiatives taking place across Europe. They are all targeted at Syrians. Nobody is offering to allow 15 West Africans into their homes are they?

As for the picture of the little drowned boy it breaks my heart, but no more so than all the kids who drown every year whilst on holiday because their parents were too pissed to take care of them!
Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:46 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
As for the picture of the little drowned boy it breaks my heart, but no more so than all the kids who drown every year whilst on holiday because their parents were too pissed to take care of them!
And for a similar reason, the parents decided to take the risk, it is their fault that the child is dead, no one else's.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
This the problem with Britons and Europeans. We feel that empathy means we have to feel guilty and do something, often at great cost to our nations. We are terrified to not be considered tolerant and and even more terrified of being thought to be racist. So we'll happily bankrupt our countries' ethnic majority, our culture and

London is already an English minority city as is my hometown and several other places. Germany said it's going to allow the equivalent of 1% of it's population in refugees to enter where it will feed and shelter them.

My concern is these people will not go back even when Syria becomes safe (something we are doing nothing to help which baffles me). Most will form yet another separate community in native European lands based on religion and ethnicity and hyphenate their nationality (Syrian-British perhaps) and will most certainly bring their conflicts and biases with them too. And they will engage in our democracy when they get our passports, electing 'their own' and with higher birthrates we can be assured that we (and I mean native Europeans and the legal immigrants who assimilate fully) will be like the Copts in Eygpt - a persecuted minority whose ancestors used to run everything around them.

No doubt many are good people, nice and decent but that's not the issue. We are simply not the repository of the world's problems and the best way we can help is for ALL European countries to put troops on the ground, restore government with no illusions of western style democracy and let these refugees go back to their homes to rebuild.

And we should pay for this by looting Assad's wealth. Why on earth do we keep having wars and helping people for free? Uncle Same charged us interest on the aid we received in WWII! They certainly cared and they helped and they asked for payments...boo hoo.

N.
Temporary visas. Most of us have them here so I don't see why Europe doesn't mention them now. Refugee visa valid for 3 years and renewable depending on whether the home country is still ****ed.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mike -are you Dexter?
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Mike -are you Dexter?
Sorry that one went over my head, I do not watch telly.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:20 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Temporary visas. Most of us have them here so I don't see why Europe doesn't mention them now. Refugee visa valid for 3 years and renewable depending on whether the home country is still ****ed.
That's effectively how it works today though. They are given temporary asylum status while their application for permanent residency is considered. This can take a few years. Some say it is bureaucracy but honestly this delay is probably a good thing. The problem is that even if they are rejected it is bloody hard to get rid of them as they can appeal etc. Even worse if they burnt their papers and are less than truthful about their origins on the application, i.e. where do you send them back to?

To clarify this is how it is in Norway. Not sure about the UK.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that one went over my head, I do not watch telly.
Fair enough. Don't worry, I'm an emotional retard too.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by norsk
That's effectively how it works today though. They are given temporary asylum status while their application for permanent residency is considered. This can take a few years. Some say it is bureaucracy but honestly this delay is probably a good thing. The problem is that even if they are rejected it is bloody hard to get rid of them as they can appeal etc. Even worse if they burnt their papers and are less than truthful about their origins on the application, i.e. where do you send them back to?

To clarify this is how it is in Norway. Not sure about the UK.
fair points, a lot of that is just bureaucratic ineptitude though. The bloody tax man never had an issue finding me at home.

Germany for one though states stay 6 years and you can apply for citizenship.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

https://video-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...14&oe=55EC3480
Old Sep 6th 2015, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

https://video-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...14&oe=55EC3480
Old Sep 6th 2015, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wish David Cameron had balls even just half the size of him.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Temporary stay should be stressed, till Syria is relatively peacefull again.

The problem is that if Assad stays on top, the refugees will say it isn't safe and no one will argue even though the Assads has been on top for decades and he didn't cleanse the Sunnis out though there was the usual issues common to a dicatatorship but then virtually all countries in the region are dictatorships .

Israel's labour party leader Herzog says Israel should take in refugees but that xenophobe Netanyahu says NO, Israel will not be submerged by refugees. Guess he forgets that Jews emmigrate out of Israel and the long history of Jews settling far and wide. Netanyahu is like the Saudis and Emiratis in his racial attitudes.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I completely agree with you. Refugee status temporary visa which are renewable until such time as Syria is deemed safe again.

Don't know why we don't have renewable 3 year visas for most people to be honest. The idea that people NEED to be given a passport just for living and working somewhere is silly as all expats know. I don't advocate the Gulf system with it's sexism and racism but I'm sure European countries could come up with a suitable idea that mirrors it's better aspects.

N.
The Khaleejis are unashamedly and abashadely racist to the core and don't give a dam about other peoples' opinions while Nrorth-Western Europe acts like human beings (especially the Scandinavians). This is the problem with being nice, people take advantage of you and it is hard for you to say no. My family has this problem where we always feel the need to help and can't say no, result being countless times we get burned and taken advantage of .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.