EU migrant crisis

Old Sep 4th 2015, 2:02 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refugee crisis

Originally Posted by auh123
Hypocrisy at its best; full article in The National reflecting on Europe's issues with the refugee crisis but not a word on the fact that not a single Syrian has been given refuge in the GCC.

Why can’t Europe cope with this humanitarian crisis? | The National
And this:

Europe must assume its responsibility for refugees | The National

The entire ****ing region sat back and let this unfold in their own backyard and continues to do so as the misery deepens. I'm glad I'm out of there, the hypocrisy stinks.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 5:15 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU migrant crisis

BBC are reporting a large group of immigrants are now walking from Budapest to the Austrian border. Holy crap that's going to end well I'm sure..

(Sorry for my previous post which Mike deleted. I hadn't read the whole thread so didn't realise I was crossing the line until just now..)
Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

auh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant future

I am sure our "wise leadership" is going to deliver a great solution. Perhaps a "mall of Syria"?
Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refugee crisis

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And this:

Europe must assume its responsibility for refugees | The National

The entire ****ing region sat back and let this unfold in their own backyard and continues to do so as the misery deepens. I'm glad I'm out of there, the hypocrisy stinks.
Not to mention it is the GCC countries and Israel , especially the former, that are a huge factor fueling the Syrian crisis. GCC governments and individuals are providing financial and diplomatic support for the Sunni rebels who essentially are just jihadists. Assad is a dictator but he is vastly more preferable than the Sunni opposition since the later is going to innitiate vast ethnic cleansing and slaughter if they win.

There's a reason leaders from Syria's Christian community came to Washington to tell DC leaders not to support the Sunni rebels/opposition . The so called rebels have engaged in destruction of churches and ethnic cleansing of Christians.

Syrian Christians Ask US Washington to End Support For Rebels | TIME.com
Old Sep 4th 2015, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

auh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant futureauh123 has a brilliant future

That's it, I give up. Emirati colleague says his uncle has gone to Syria to look for a wife......these ugly wankers will go and marry young girls from desperate families and that is supposed to help Syria??????!!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 6th 2015, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Imagery is playing such a part in this whole debacle.

So the drama starts with boats full of economic migrant Afs wanting a free lunch in Europe. Shit loads drown and no one really gives a ****
I did like the comment by one Af who made it when he complained that he didn't have the hotel room etc he was expecting when he landed, good old afs, always want something for **** all

Then the image of one Syrian kid washes up on the beach and the West says open the gates

So is a Syrian worth more than an Af ?

I do wish someone would shoot the Guy who is running around telling the Afs that's it's free hotels and sadza for life in Greece

Old gadaffi must be laughing his bollox off now as he swims in his rivers of wine etc. His old country now the invasion departure point for all his happy Muslims and Afs now swarming into Europe ready to breed and displace the original populace
Old Sep 6th 2015, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

And all without a single shot being fired
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Images have played a part since the invention of photography. The U.S. Didn't want footage of the dead returning from Iraq and Afghanistan shown on the nightly news for a reason.

Images like little aylan play a huge part in bringing home reality to most populations. They make them directly relatable and why I think they should be shown and why I value photojournalism so highly.

These images will,never lose the "power" they have to elicit emotion and hopefully some thought.

Personally I find it hard not to see my son in this image. For me it's one of the hardest hitting images I've ever seen because I am so emotionally connected to it. He's round about my sons age and buildBand it just elicits a what if in my mind.

Oops, image sizes are horrible. Not changing them now.

As for the crisis. Well yes there is undoubtably one and it's urgent but the media rhetoric about numbers is farcical. The total numbers are a tiny percentage of the population of Europe, nobody will be "overrun" by dirty foreigners and why has nobody mentioned temporary visas. We here are all on renewable visas. If people are so worried about permanent settlement why not have a renewable visa system? As for doing nothing, can we really just let people drown while we turn the other way?
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:13 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Personally I find it hard not to see my son in this image. For me it's one of the hardest hitting images I've ever seen because I am so emotionally connected to it. He's round about my sons age and buildBand it just elicits a what if in my mind.
My wife and I have no empathy for these people, the pictures leave us cold. We wonder whether we are 'bad' people because of this? For me it is exactly like Diana and the grief whoring that came about.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
My wife and I have no empathy for these people, the pictures leave us cold. We wonder whether we are 'bad' people because of this? For me it is exactly like Diana and the grief whoring that came about.
If the image doesn't impact you it doesn't impact you. Nothing more to it than that regarding the image itself.

Regarding Diana, yes the national grief festival was utterly sickening but such are people.

"These people" though does make me wonder. Do you think we should try prevent them from drowning and offer refuge to them or are you just fine with them dying at sea and washing up on the beaches of Europe and Turkey? If it's the later then yes you're probably right to wonder. The root causes aside and ignoring any intervention beyond European shores do you propose we do something or nothing once they arrive?
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:32 am
Account Closed

"These people" though does make me wonder. Do you think we should try prevent them from drowning and offer refuge to them or are you just fine with them dying at sea and washing up on the beaches of Europe and Turkey? If it's the later then yes you're probably right to wonder. The root causes aside and ignoring any intervention beyond European shores do you propose we do something or nothing once they arrive?
'These people', does not seem to matter what word you use to describe them, illegal immigrants, financial refugees etc then someone will take issue with it. People are very welcome to be offended because taking offence can be a bit of a pastime for some.
I am not offering solutions, nor engaging in debate, I was putting my point that I have zero empathy.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

'These people', does not seem to matter what word you use to describe them, illegal immigrants, financial refugees etc then someone will take issue with it. People are very welcome to be offended because taking offence can be a bit of a pastime for some.
I am not offering solutions, nor engaging in debate, I was putting my point that I have zero empathy.
Granted and not offended in anyway.

Empathy isn't required I'm just asking if you think any action should be taken and if so what ?
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Empathy isn't required I'm just asking if you think any action should be taken and if so what ?
And I said I am not debating it.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

And I said I am not debating it.
Not seeking a debate just an answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.